Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rabbit Bracketology

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    Although they -did- play in the weaker half of it--not saying they don't deserve the #1 seed; just pointing out that 30-1 in the southern division would be a whole other level of achievement.

I suspect the committee might take a dump on the Huskers and give the #1 to the Big 12 tournament winner.

You would not want to play a Cornhusker team denied a #1 seed.....

the big 12 winner will be either a 9 loss oklahoma team or a 7 loss texas a&m team. the huskers won at oklahoma by 16 during the reg season and beat texas a & m by 9 during the reg season. if nebraska doesnt get it, someone other than a big 12 team will get it. and it will be a big screwjob if a one loss team doesnt get it.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
      Way to represent SturgisJeff!
      I detest Baylor too, and I didn't even need to go to DC. I watched them lose on my tv in Brookings.

Comment

Re: Bracketology

Here is Charlie Creme's last brackets. He has us a 15 seed going against Texas A&M in Tempe. Gonzaga on the other side, which goes against one of the "rules". However there are so many rules that I think it would be impossible for them to set up a bracket without going against one of them somewhere. Tempe is a long ways away, but AZ has lots of Jacks alums.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Jackrabbit team, fans, and the Summit League tournament atmosphere getting some love on ESPNU right now from the announcer doing the Cleveland State-Butler Horizon League championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
            Jackrabbit team, fans, and the Summit League tournament atmosphere getting some love on ESPNU right now from the announcer doing the Cleveland State-Butler Horizon League championship game.
            I don't know if it has been mentioned on here or not but SDSU and the Jackrabbit are in the ESPN commercial too. The commercial advertising the selection show for Monday night has a short clip from last year's show that was held in Frost and the Jackrabbit is pretty clear.

Comment

I just got back from the Texas A&M-Oklahoma Big 12 championship game.

TAMU is not very tall, but they are very strong and very fast. To be honest, I don't like our chances in a matchup vs. them.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I merged the two bracketology threads . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                  I don't know if it has been mentioned on here or not but SDSU and the Jackrabbit are in the ESPN commercial too. The commercial advertising the selection show for Monday night has a short clip from last year's show that was held in Frost and the Jackrabbit is pretty clear.
                  And our favorite ESPN announcer,Tony Wingnut is hosting the Selection Show again this year !

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    And our favorite ESPN announcer,Tony Wingnut is hosting the Selection Show again this year !
                    Tip Wackjob?
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Re: Bracketology 2010 NCAA Women's Tournament

Charlie Creme has the San Diego State Aztecs "SDSU" as a 12 seed in his latest bracket. With San Diego and South Dakota being close together in the seeding I'm expecting there to be plenty of confusion.

Also, with UNI upsetting Illinois state and Creighton, I hope we can move up a spot. UNI has a record of 17-15 and lost to us. Creighton or Illinois state were in the bracketology as a 13 seed. Creighton is listed as a 13 seed but that will change when the bracketology is updated by Charlie tonight. Hopefully, UNI coming in as a 15 seed will give us a procedural bump to a 14 seed in his brackets.

It also puts a 3rd team in the bracket that we beat (UNI, MTSU, and Gonzaga).

Then again, it is only 24 hours till we know the bracket that really counts.

Comment

I think UNI has a greater chance of playing Nebraska in MPLS than we do. Maybe we play Iowa St in Ammes.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                          Charlie Creme has the San Diego State Aztecs "SDSU" as a 12 seed in his latest bracket. With San Diego and South Dakota being close together in the seeding I'm expecting there to be plenty of confusion.

Also, with UNI upsetting Illinois state and Creighton, I hope we can move up a spot. UNI has a record of 17-15 and lost to us. Creighton or Illinois state were in the bracketology as a 13 seed. Creighton is listed as a 13 seed but that will change when the bracketology is updated by Charlie tonight. Hopefully, UNI coming in as a 15 seed will give us a procedural bump to a 14 seed in his brackets.

It also puts a 3rd team in the bracket that we beat (UNI, MTSU, and Gonzaga).

Then again, it is only 24 hours till we know the bracket that really counts.
                          I've become pretty cynical in the past week about Creme's overall competence--at least when you get down into the bottom third or fourth of the S curve. For instance, he repeatedly insists on putting SDSU in a subregional where we could potentially play someone we played in the regular season, and the NCAA seeding guidelines say to avoid that placement if possible. It looks to me like he just blows off that guideline completely.

I still think we'll most likely be in Minneapolis playing Nebraska, even if the committee has to job Nebraska and drop them to a 2 seed and drop us to a 15 to do it--but we could wind up in any subregional in the country except Knoxville or Stanford.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            I've become pretty cynical in the past week about Creme's overall competence--at least when you get down into the bottom third or fourth of the S curve. For instance, he repeatedly insists on putting SDSU in a subregional where we could potentially play someone we played in the regular season, and the NCAA seeding guidelines say to avoid that placement if possible. It looks to me like he just blows off that guideline completely.

I still think we'll most likely be in Minneapolis playing Nebraska, even if the committee has to job Nebraska and drop them to a 2 seed and drop us to a 15 to do it--but we could wind up in any subregional in the country except Knoxville or Stanford.
                            Why not put UNI against Nebraska in MPLS? They are just as close as we are and I could see UNI beeing a 16 seed. Not sure where we would go. I do not think Creme knows either.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                              Why not put UNI against Nebraska in MPLS? They are just as close as we are and I could see UNI beeing a 16 seed. Not sure where we would go. I do not think Creme knows either.
                              Yeah . . . I thought about it some more . . . took a while for UNI winning the Valley to sink in . . .

Nebraska as a 1 and UNI as a 16 in Minneapolis

SDSU as a 13 and Iowa State as a 4 in Ames.

Or something completely different.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Cleveland State, St. Francis, and UNI all helped out the Jackrabbits today. Those teams winning will help us improve our seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X