• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology 2010 NCAA Women's Tournament

Charlie Creme has us a 10 seed in his first brackets of the season

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/column...lie&id=4748086

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    Charlie Creme has us a 10 seed in his first brackets of the season

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/column...lie&id=4748086
    For this point in the season and the way that the team is still working on getting a few of the bugs out this is a very good ranking. That being said...it is still only December. It is fun to already be thinking about March though...
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

In the category of placement I noticed in the "Kansas City" region one of the first two round cities is Minneapolis. Dear committee, put us there. The second preference would be Ames, Iowa.

I would prefer an 11 seed in Minneapolis over a 10 seed in North Carolina. I know it is a long ways off but I put it on my list Christmas list. Also, his bracketology doesn't have Minnesota making the tournament so Minneapolis could be our home court if that played out.

I know, I know 1-0 this week.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
        I know, I know 1-0 this week.
        Why that certainly might apply this week that is more applicable to football.. How about 1-0 this game..
        just a thought

Comment

This whole thread has jinx written all over it...

so.......

1-0 the next game

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            This whole thread has jinx written all over it...

so.......

1-0 the next game
            Good god...the "1-0" fever has spread to the basketball program!

And, if a thread actually has any impact on a season then I hope that -
            1) Oakland's men will never lose to the Jacks this season. Especially in the Summit Tourney in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Let's not forget that no teams ever been selected for the dance that's had an rpi higher than 64(?).So, to go dancing, we have to be as perfect as we can be headed into the conference tournement.Last years team broke a long string of the conferences season winner not winning the conference tourney.Tournements scare me, but last years team was so confident headed into the tournement, I think AJ will have this years team prepared also to win it again this year.

Comment

Charlie's newest bracketology is out. IPFW gets the Summit Bid as current leader and is given a 16 seed against UConn in Ames, IA. His column is here.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

How big of a game would that be if it was SDSU Jackrabbits vs. UConn instead of IPFW?Probably the only way we would ever get to play against the Huskies & the game being in Ames would have to make the Las Vegas odds makers nervous ,huh? (lol)

Comment

The team that plays UConn will be the last team in (team 64) because UConn will be the 1 overall seed. IF (and I mean IF) by chance we get in, I don't think we would be that last team in type of team.

Comment

UConn could probably beat the Lakers.

Hehe.

Last Saturday, whilst at my parents for the womens game, we were flipping to the UConn/Notre Dame Game...."uconn vs ND" my dad said "ND is #3 and should give them a game".

"yeah right" I said, "I bet UConn is up 25 at half and wins by 30". I didn't miss it by far. UConn was up 23 at half and won by 24.

Seriously, UConn is in a league of thier own.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Nebraska is having a great year in womens hoops, if the Jacks can win the Summit I wouldn't mind seeing a Jacks-Huskers matchup in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                          The team that plays UConn will be the last team in (team 64) because UConn will be the 1 overall seed. IF (and I mean IF) by chance we get in, I don't think we would be that last team in type of team.
                          It would be nice to play them, maybe not in the first round , as that would be a slap in the face for the program, but face it, it's a great opportunity that presents itself to any team that can actually make them work for a win as many high ranked teams have failed in that regard.Any team that play's UConn really tough will be remembered for quite a while.That's why I'm so surprised at how long they've gone dominating every game with such consistencey....they just keep making the carrot that much sweeter to the competition....everyone wants to crack thier aura (sp) of invincibility.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            It would be nice to play them, maybe not in the first round , as that would be a slap in the face for the program, but face it, it's a great opportunity that presents itself to any team that can actually make them work for a win as many high ranked teams have failed in that regard.Any team that play's UConn really tough will be remembered for quite a while.That's why I'm so surprised at how long they've gone dominating every game with such consistencey....they just keep making the carrot that much sweeter to the competition....everyone wants to crack thier aura (sp) of invincibility.

Well said jackdaniel.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                              I would love to see SDSU play UConn. The chances of a Jackrabbit victory would have to be what? 5%? Giving them a game? Maybe 20%?

Look at our expectations coming into this year after making it to the second round...what would we expect if they actually beat a team like UConn? Good luck with that! Ha...

That being said, I think that this team by tournament time could give a team like the Huskers a good run and it would be a great way to expand the fanbase even more. Seems to me that I enjoyed the last Jacks-Huskers WBB game quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X