Bracketology 2010 NCAA Women's Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology

Huskers already beat Baylor, are undefeated ,& probably the favorite to win the Big 12 this year.If that all actually happens, they'll probably be one of the four #1 seeds in the dance.It would be great to play them also,but first we have to show we are capable of consistently beating teams like ORU and the other Summit teams first,if we can't accomplish that , then all the rest is just dreaming.

Comment

Nebraska was a two seed in the latest brackets.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Charlie's latest brackets are out. ORU is the Summit entry as they are leading the conference. They are given a #16 seed up against Notre Dame with the game at ...... Notre Dame, Ind.

His comment on ORU is that they are 3-0 against SDSU & UMKC, their closest Summit League teams.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to provide the link for his column, it is here.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

i wonder how much excitement the sdsu women would have, if they dont win the tourney but if they finish as the highest team in the summit that doesnt make the tourney and go to the NIT. is it going to be a downer for us after last year or will we be able to sell out frost, if they get a home game? it'll be a bummer for me but i would be there to support them. i hope everyone else would feel the same.

Comment

The goal I'm sure is to win the tourney and go to the NCAA Tournament. For us to expect that every year is probably unrealistic. To believe we have a good chance to make it is another thing. As long as it is in Sioux Falls, SDSU is the team to beat no matter where we are seeded.

The WNIT experiences have been very positive. If that is where SDSU ends up then I would fully expect to see a packed Frost Arena if we get to host a game. Its a big deal.

Whatever happens, it is important that SDSU does well for the school and the conference. The better Summitt League teams perform then the odds of a potential second team in either tournament improve.

Last year was pretty special and will be hard to compete with. IT CAN BE DONE! I hope they do it!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

With a current RPI of 127 right now I would say it is a big stetch we would even be invited to the WNIT. We would have garner that automatic berth awarded to highest team in the regular season conference standings not going to the NCAA tournament. At least I think that is how I remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                With a current RPI of 127 right now I would say it is a big stetch we would even be invited to the WNIT. We would have garner that automatic berth awarded to highest team in the regular season conference standings not going to the NCAA tournament. At least I think that is how I remember it.
                That is the way it has been the last 2 years. Not sure if that has changed or not and I don't know what tiebreakers they use. Upsets can occur and the regular season conference winner goes to the WNIT, that's what I'm hoping for. Unless, of course, we sneak through and win the regular season title. It could happen.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  That is the way it has been the last 2 years. Not sure if that has changed or not and I don't know what tiebreakers they use. Upsets can occur and the regular season conference winner goes to the WNIT, that's what I'm hoping for. Unless, of course, we sneak through and win the regular season title. It could happen.

The WNIT auto-qualifies the HIGHEST placed team who DOESN't go NCAA dancing. Win the Summit League REGULAR season, going either NCAA (if win tourney) or WNIT (if don't).

We need ORU to LOSE TWO games yet this regular season, and Jacks to NOT LOSE another game. If SDSU and ORU are tied, the tie breaker goes soaring with Eagles. Likewise to get #2, SDSU must beat UMKC at Brookings. It would be good to get the #2 if ORU wins the tourney. Then Jacks would go to WNIT if ORU is Summit NCAA tourney rep (assumes ORU #1 at reg season end).

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    The WNIT auto-qualifies the HIGHEST placed team who DOESN't go NCAA dancing. Win the Summit League REGULAR season, going either NCAA (if win tourney) or WNIT (if don't).

We need ORU to LOSE TWO games yet this regular season, and Jacks to NOT LOSE another game. If SDSU and ORU are tied, the tie breaker goes soaring with Eagles. Likewise to get #2, SDSU must beat UMKC at Brookings. It would be good to get the #2 if ORU wins the tourney. Then Jacks would go to WNIT if ORU is Summit NCAA tourney rep (assumes ORU #1 at reg season end).
                    That is what I was trying to say but didn't articulate it well. It is going to be tough for us to win the conference regular season title. 8 teams will have a chance at the tourney title. Upsets often occur meaning the #1 seed loses and goes to the WNIT or if no upsets occur we need that #2 seed to assure entry in the WNIT. Redundant I know but what the heck.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

#2 this year is just as good except for that scenario where #1 gets upset and #2 misses out on both tourneys. The win tonight secured the tie-breaker with UMKC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                        #2 this year is just as good except for that scenario where #1 gets upset and #2 misses out on both tourneys. The win tonight secured the tie-breaker with UMKC.
                        As long as Jacks win out. Yes.

ORU escaped the Oakland/IPFW road trip without a loss. Need UMKC to get the road win in Tulsa.

Comment

I think a nice run in the WNIT would be better for this young team than being fed to UConn. in the first rd.A lot more game experience if we can advance compared to one and done with a likely 15 or 16 seed for the Summit auto qualifying winner.Of course, you alway's try for the dance first, but going to the WNIT wouldn't be too bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            I think a nice run in the WNIT would be better for this young team than being fed to UConn. in the first rd.A lot more game experience if we can advance compared to one and done with a likely 15 or 16 seed for the Summit auto qualifying winner.Of course, you alway's try for the dance first, but going to the WNIT wouldn't be too bad either.
                            That's a valid argument. Not to mention it would probably make the team more hungry in the off season to "miss the mark". And as you said, it doesn't mean they don't try to Dance.

Comment

And the latest of Charlie's projections are in, brackets and column.

Comment

Rabbit Bracketology

The regionals are Dayton, Memphis, Kansas City, and Sacramento.

The first/second round sites for Dayton are:
                                Pittsburgh
                                Ames
                                Tallahassee
                                Notre Dame

The first/second round Kansas City sites are:
                                Minneapolis
                                Seattle
                                Tempe
                                Louisville

The first/second round Memphis sites are:
                                Knoxville
                                Austin
                                Berkeley
                                Durham, NC

The first/second round Sacramento sites are:
                                Stanford
                                Norfolk
                                Norman, OK
                                Cincinatti

Minneapolis would be the best of all possible worlds, except that Nebraska will likely be slotted in there as a #1 seed. We'll likely be a #15--at least according to ESPN, although they might be nasty* and make us a #16 and let us have a shot at the Cornhuskers.

* I'm not sure who that would be nasty to--SDSU or Nebraska . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X