Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology 2010 NCAA Women's Tournament

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    I keep hearing this...I just don't see Nebraska not getting the #1 seed and I definitely don't see SDSU getting a #16 seed. If they do this they're basicly telling people, we might as well just go back to having the first few rounds at the lower-seeds house.

IMO playing a #4 Iowa State in Ames, making SDSU a #13 makes the most sense if they're that intent on keeping teams regional and maximizing revenue for the first-round sites.

Go Jacks!!
    They may send Nebraska a #1 and #16 to Ames, with a #8 and #9 seed and send Iowa State a #6 seed and #11 to Minnapolis with a # 3 seed and #14

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
      They may send Nebraska a #1 and #16 to Ames, with a #8 and #9 seed and send Iowa State a #6 seed and #11 to Minnapolis with a # 3 seed and #14
      They keep Home town teams at their homes if they are hosting. So IA State won't be going to Minneapolis.

Comment

Pretty sure for the women's side, if the host site team gets in, that is where they go. I am sure there are exceptions some times (multiple teams from one metro area), but I think we should expect that Iowa St will be in Ames.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
          No. It doesn't work that way.

See my post upthread.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Mpls will want Nebraska as its #1 priority. They'll travel well. Ames will get Iowa State. SDSU is a natural 14 seed but could be moved to a 15 or a 13. Iowa State is not a 3 seed but they could be 4, more likely a 5.

So, that moves us out of Ames or Mpls as likely locations based on seeding. Geographically that leaves Norman and South Bend. I'd like the Norman option over the Notre Dame option. I predict we'll know more in about 6 hours.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Actually, I think with the upsets in conference tournaments, SDSU could very well sneak up to a natural 13 seed.

The committee's guidelines allow the flexibility to move teams up or down one line, so if SDSU winds up on the 13-seed line in the S curve, then they could actually slot into the tournament as a 12, a 13, or a 14 seed.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ok.......my head is starting to hurt from reading this thread! I think Im going to check out until after 6:00p.m. and then come back to gaze at the inevitable bitching that will take place regardless of where we go and who we play. Later

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  they could actually slot into the tournament as a 12, a 13, or a 14 seed.
                  I expect that we'll see no consideration whatsoever given to SDSU's fan support. Five thousand enthusiastic fans for a conference BB tournament----a women's final out drawing the men's final two years in a row..... Sorry, the selection committee doesn't care about that. Probably doesn't even know, collectively, that it happened.

SDSU, as a 'newb' in 'flyover country' will get underseeded and shipped who-knows-where. I'm certain that other teams will get bumped up ahead of SDSU, that those other teams will belong to small private schools with cachet--even though they don't draw worth a hoot.

And, ultimately, SDSU will be stuck in some pod where it is an awkward fit, poorly justified by any way of looking at it.

---

Then, when it's all over, you'll hear the whining and the bellyaching about how little fan support the tournament gets.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    I expect that we'll see no consideration whatsoever given to SDSU's fan support. Five thousand enthusiastic fans for a conference BB tournament----a women's final out drawing the men's final two years in a row..... Sorry, the selection committee doesn't care about that. Probably doesn't even know, collectively, that it happened.

SDSU, as a 'newb' in 'flyover country' will get underseeded and shipped who-knows-where. I'm certain that other teams will get bumped up ahead of SDSU, that those other teams will belong to small private schools with cachet--even though they don't draw worth a hoot.

And, ultimately, SDSU will be stuck in some pod where it is an awkward fit, poorly justified by any way of looking at it.

---

Then, when it's all over, you'll hear the whining and the bellyaching about how little fan support the tournament gets.
                    Thank you Mister Positivity! In the end your probably right though!

Comment

Upshot to a crappy seed?

SDSU's players and fans will be ambassadors to a place where the state itself is barely on the map (cf Lubbock, TX last year).

SDSU plays a very attractive style of basketball. If you have no opinion whatsoever at the start of the game, odds are, you'll have a good opinion of the team by the end of the game.

Comment

This just in SDSU as in South Dakota State not the other one will play Baylor in a sub-sub- regional in Nome Alaska. Did I tell you I really detest Baylor.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          They keep Home town teams at their homes if they are hosting. So IA State won't be going to Minneapolis.
                          Iowa State averages 8,000 fans/game. NCAA committee knows this and won't be sending them anywhere but to their own gym.

Comment

It appears remote chance we get to Minneapolis, but if we did what would be the projections for Jacks fans? I would say 2500-3000 conversatively.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              It appears remote chance we get to Minneapolis, but if we did what would be the projections for Jacks fans? I would say 2500-3000 conversatively.
                              Trio del Flamingo is now on the air . . .

Comment

Sacramento bracket announced . . . Stanford is the #1 seed; Gonzaga gets a #7 seed and a matchup against North Carolina.

Comment

Working...
                                X