Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jacks to play USD

Originally posted by yotefan90 View Post
    Yes we had some dark days in there, but just as your mens team is proving now, teams can eventually turn the corner. Have you forgotten how competitive the USD women were in the last 4 years you were still DII? From 00/01 to 03/04 our overall record was 85 and 36 including 44 and 22 in the conference. Yes we only one 2 of the 10 games played against State in that time period. However, one of those losses was in the Regional title game when you won the entire thing. USD must not have been all that bad! We also made the regionals another year in that time frame.

All these comparisons of records and past strength mean nothing. This is a what have you done lately business......and you have done alot! Hopefully we will have a good schedule (it hasn't been released yet) and compete well in it. Maybe then we can have an RPI that will help you, or at least not hurt you any more than some of the lower Summit teams.
    Very good, I agree. Things started to look up especially when Mandy made the move. This carried over when SDSU and NDSU left DII. As I've said before, the excellence demonstrated year after year by NDSU and then UND forced SDSU to improve its women's basketball program, USD was then inclined to do the same.

Now, will the relative success at DII shown by USD translate to DI? Only time will tell but we all know its going to take a great deal of commitment and from what I can tell Coach Williams is ready and willing to give it his best.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      If we have a bad season and just squeak into the NCAA's ...
      Think about that statement. How many honestly can say that they expected the day would come when any D-I Jackrabbit program could reach a level where squeaking into the NCAAs would be considered a bad season?
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I golfed with 3 big Coyote supporters yesterday. They are all excited about the chance to play in Brookings. Already concerned about ticket availability so get your tickets for this game early. Oh, BTW, the Jackrabbit in the group was the winner for the day. That is the way it usually works.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...28/1002/sports

Here's the USD schedule. SDSU will be the only top 25 caliber team for the Yotes, although they are managing to get Wis-GB into SIOUX FALLS to play.

Jacks vs Coyotes will be a good game, and Jacks should win this.

Comment

This game will most certainly be a sell-out!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              This game will most certainly be a sell-out!
              If it wasn't on a Monday night I think I would be with you. I do plan to be there myself along with a USD graduate from my office, but being a Monday night I expect that the sellout will not come to fruition.
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...28/1002/sports

Here's the USD schedule. SDSU will be the only top 25 caliber team for the Yotes, although they are managing to get Wis-GB into SIOUX FALLS to play.

Jacks vs Coyotes will be a good game, and Jacks should win this.
                The UWGB game in SF is a good get for the Yotes in their first year as a counter.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                  If it wasn't on a Monday night I think I would be with you. I do plan to be there myself along with a USD graduate from my office, but being a Monday night I expect that the sellout will not come to fruition.
                  I have heard that AD Sell wants all rivalry games to be sellouts thus the reason we are having the NDSU basketball games as a doubleheader vs. 2 games. So does Sell make sure the all tickets get sold via promotions, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsValleyrabbit View Post
                    I have heard that AD Sell wants all rivalry games to be sellouts thus the reason we are having the NDSU basketball games as a doubleheader vs. 2 games. So does Sell make sure the all tickets get sold via promotions, etc.?
                    The NDSU game's will easily be a sellout. I don't know about the USD game. The question is how many people will stay in Brookings for the Monday night game? The parents and some fans that travel a long ways probably will but if you have to drive more than 2 hours(each way), is it worth it? I think if you have a place in Brookings to stay, it's well worth it. Otherwise, you either have to drive 4 hours to watch a 1 3/4 hour game or get a hotel room for 2 nights. I guess a vacation in Brookings to watch 3 basketball games against NDSU and USD isn't all bad. It depends on how much vacation you get and if you have to use it on kids or other stuff.
                    I think USD will put up a fight in the 1st half. I know AJ will have his team ready but I'd be more worried about NDSU than USD. Both of those teams will want that game bad. It is also a "big game" to some people because they haven't played in a few years. I think it'll be a "big game" in a couple years when they join the conference. I just don't know if it's a bigger game than some of the conference games. It is behind Oakland and NDSU(along with some top out of conference teams) in my opinion.
                    I'll be there, I only miss a couple a year. It's a big enough game but just not in the top 5(maybe 10) on my list. I'm just trying to justify some reasons why I don't think it will sellout. I could be wrong!

Comment

USD is a hard team to be comfortable about predicting how well they'll play.Played too many " softies" last year, so when they had to play someone like a Seattle (0-3), although they gave them a good fight, just couldn't win any of three games with them.
                      Same for UND, (0-2), just not quite up there with these two " Independent" Div 1 teams.They've added Hegge along with some good recruits,but how well they play against Wisc-GB will tell a lot how well they can play against us.Then there's UNC last yr, only lost by six , about the same as playing against Seattle ....hard team to predict.Some people claim that UNC didn't "respect" USD enough to play as hard as they normally do.Baloney, USD got thier attention most of the game , leading, if I remember, up to double didgits at one time.I don't think it was thier "game plan" to be behind until the last 1-1/2 minutes or so & then pull out a win.That wouldn't be too smart.They're darn lucky to pull out the win & avoid major "embarressment" to thier "peers" , which , they might have endured anyway, the way they didn't ever take control of the game til the very last minutes.The minute you buy into the "mystique" (sp?) that someone's "unbeatable" , then they usually are.USD didn't do that , much to thier credit.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-05-2009, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I hope that Sells/USD counterpart set up with a promotion targeting the SF market to get casual/USD fans/SDSU fans to make the trip to Brookings. With some marketing, maybe a Bus trip to/from the Arena parking lot tossed in, so not tons of mileage expense to watch the game, Jacks could get 5K+ for the game.

If I'm reading the USD schedule right, if USD is .600 in OOC and #1 or #2 in the GWC standings, their RPI should be < 150. This is setting up to be a good LATE OOC game for the Jacks & Yotes.

Comment

*edit by Filbert: No. Not in this thread.*
                          Last edited by filbert; 11-02-2009, 08:55 PM. Reason: Smack in non-smack thread

Comment

Oh yeah, this game is going to go over real well.

:eyeroll:
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

That shirt would be one of the kinder shirts printed during the hay day of the rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                                That shirt would be one of the kinder shirts printed during the hay day of the rivalry.
                                I still think we need to move beyond that kind of stuff. Just my opinion. I'm sick of it.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X