Jacks to play USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jacks to play USD

You are not the only one, it is childish.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
      You are not the only one, it is childish.
      The same kind of shirts exist for the NDSU rivalry ("Buck the Fison"). So I'd say these kind of of shirts can exist while maintaining a healthy, respectful rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        The same kind of shirts exist for the NDSU rivalry ("Buck the Fison"). So I'd say these kind of of shirts can exist while maintaining a healthy, respectful rivalry.
        Because the Bison & Sioux have a healthy, respectful rivalry, right?

Comment

Although my days of wearing a t-shirt, like the ones we are talking about are long gone, I can't agree that they are childish. They are part of rivalries all across our country on all campuses. We are talking about college kids/young adults here so let them have there fun. AS LONG AS NO LINES ARE CROSSED, I say go for it.

Comment

There were Bison fans at Coughlin this year with Buck The Funnys t-shirts also. Doesn't mean the rivalry is disrespectful. Just means there are rude, tasteless jerks in every crowd.

As long as it isn't mean spirited, offensive or abusive, live and let live.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I would prefer not having to ban Jackrabbit fans for smacking in non-smack threads.

I would prefer even more not being forced to make that decision.

I'm asking nicely--this time.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                Because the Bison & Sioux have a healthy, respectful rivalry, right?
                SDSU students made them, not Sioux fans...

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  SDSU students made them, not Sioux fans...
                  That's a UND 'bon mot', though.

Comment

I think every rivalry has the buck the fison, duck fuke.... its just what everyone has....

I personally like the one where it has your rival (before), then a bottle of Tide and then your team after and then says "tide takes the **** right out"

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      Right. The utility of that analogy ends at the shirt. There's nothing healthy about the USD/SDSU rivalry and hasn't been as long as I can remember. If it was just a shirt, that would be different.

SDSU fans need to be the bigger people here. We've moved on to bigger and better things. Students parroting the 1990s version of the hateful rivalry doesn't really reflect the way things are today.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I agree with you all that the shirts are tacky. Unfortunately this is not how a vast MAJORITY of our students feel. During the NDSU game I would say half of my friends Facebook status's were "Buck the Fison." I am guessing over half will be "Screw the U" when the time comes. If it gets the students pumped up, to the game, and loud then I am for it. Yes we have moved on to bigger and better things, but I think we can still have some room for college kids to be college kids and have a little fun. My generation has always heard stories about the USD vs. SDSU rivalry now we want to experience it.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

My daughters had the "Buck the Fison" t-shirts. Told them they had them back when I was in school (screw the U, or sometimes worse) and now I think they are tacky and asked that they did not wear them. Guess what? They still wore them...Don't think it is going to change.

Comment

Back in the day, our own bookstore sold t-shirts featuring an image of the Jackrabbit on top of the DakotaDump(TM) holding the mangy coyotee by the throat.

As long as clever wins out over vulgar/offensive/tasteless, and if it helps spur students' interest, I say go for it.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                              My daughters had the "Buck the Fison" t-shirts. Told them they had them back when I was in school (screw the U, or sometimes worse) and now I think they are tacky and asked that they did not wear them. Guess what? They still wore them...Don't think it is going to change.
                              The UND t-shirt was tame compared to the one the Bison made for UND matchup back in the late 70's early 80's.....
                              Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                              Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                I agree with you all that the shirts are tacky. Unfortunately this is not how a vast MAJORITY of our students feel. During the NDSU game I would say half of my friends Facebook status's were "Buck the Fison." I am guessing over half will be "Screw the U" when the time comes. If it gets the students pumped up, to the game, and loud then I am for it. Yes we have moved on to bigger and better things, but I think we can still have some room for college kids to be college kids and have a little fun. My generation has always heard stories about the USD vs. SDSU rivalry now we want to experience it.
                                I don't think there's anything wrong with little things like facebook status and even t-shirts, though I think they're stupid. I'm more interested in making sure that the middle-fingers, swearing, terrible name-calling, fighting, animal-tossing, and all the rest of the idiotic, hateful stuff stays out of it.

At the game, cheer FOR your team, not against the other team. And any disparaging, personal comments directed at individuals on the opposing team are just out of bounds. Period.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X