Clear All

• Jacks to play USD

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3746721

Re: Jacks to play USD

and from usd

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/wbb...elease_id=5130

Comment

Of course the only thing Craig and John on 1230 could focus on and be critical of was Aaron's comments.

"The opportunity to play USD fit the scheduling criteria we have for our women’s basketball team,” said Johnston, whose Jackrabbits have finished in the top 40 of the NCAA rating percentage index (RPI) two of the last three years. “We really needed a home date and we were looking for a single game.”

They chastised a caller who asked why they focus on the negative. They just don't get this is clearly a bigger deal for USD than SDSU and far from our biggest game of the year. I would not even call it a rivalary at this point especially in Women's Basketball.

Comment

This is a good move for both schools.

Operative line: "Overall, SDSU leads the series, 37-21, after sweeping the 2003-04 season series by scores of 99-83 and 61-58."
        Got a feeling that gap is going to grow in the immediate future. Now, let the men play.

Go Jacks

Comment

No big deal. Let's try not to over comment on this one. I'd be more interested in seeing IUPUI or IPFW. Hopefully they'll draw just as well.

Comment

The game on Feb. 13 is a much bigger deal, Saturday night vs. NDSU.

Comment

This is a big deal and it still is a rivalry. Just because we'll crush the Yotes, it does not mean they not our rivals. I am glad to see AJ reach out to USD. This will be a fun game for the fans and the State of South Dakota.

Comment

You all say you want students at the game. I guarantee that we will be there in full force for this one. No students on this campus were around during the BIG rivalry days, but we have heard plenty of stories and are ready for it.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  You all say you want students at the game. I guarantee that we will be there in full force for this one. No students on this campus were around during the BIG rivalry days, but we have heard plenty of stories and are ready for it.
                  No doubt. It'll be a blow-out though.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                    The game on Feb. 13 is a much bigger deal, Saturday night vs. NDSU.
                    "Much bigger deal" is a pretty bold prediction. NDSU might be important in the Summitt standings, but this is the revival of an intense in-state rivalry after a six-year hiatus.... I'd wager the crowd and attention will be just as big for the U, if not bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      "Much bigger deal" is a pretty bold prediction. NDSU might be important in the Summitt standings, but this is the revival of an intense in-state rivalry after a six-year hiatus.... I'd wager the crowd and attention will be just as big for the U, if not bigger.
                      Saturday night, conference game, against the new rival NDSU vs. a Monday night game against an over matched non-conference USD. I would take that bet.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        Saturday night, conference game, against the new rival NDSU vs. a Monday night game against an over matched non-conference USD. I would take that bet.
                        Same thing North Carolina was saying.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                          Same thing North Carolina was saying.
                          I forgot at USD you get style points for almost winning on the road! Jacks will be very prepared for this game!

Comment

If USD gets a fair scheduling deal I will go to the game in Brookings but if USD is going to sell themselves out for a one game only contract I will not be attending that one. If I don't go to the game in Brookings I will make it a priority in 2010 to come to a game in Vermillion that I would not have otherwise attended against another school just for principal's sake. I am not gonna sell out as a fan for a game that will be/was set up based on inequality. USD owes SDSU nothing.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Smack is bad, here.

Strive to avoid smack.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X