Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks to play USD

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    If USD gets a fair scheduling deal I will go to the game in Brookings but if USD is going to sell themselves out for a one game only contract I will not be attending that one. If I don't go to the game in Brookings I will make it a priority in 2010 to come to a game in Vermillion that I would not have otherwise attended against another school just for principal's sake. I am not gonna sell out as a fan for a game that will be/was set up based on inequality. USD owes SDSU nothing.
    Personally, I think it will be a fun game, and will try to talk Snookums into attending. It will be interesting to see how the two teams stack up.

My guess is that the Coyotes will come out sky-high and play exceptionally well. The only question is if they'll have enough to make it a full game vs. the Jacks. I think it would be a MAJOR mistake to underestimate the Yotes in this game.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
      No big deal. Let's try not to over comment on this one. I'd be more interested in seeing IUPUI or IPFW. Hopefully they'll draw just as well.
      You have to be the only fan in South Dakota to make such an unbelievable statement. I tell you what, buy a ticket for the USD game and offer to trade for IUPUI and IPFW and you'll be alone in Frost for those two games while everyone else will be in Brookings for the "U" game.

I'll buy (4) IUPUI tickets and trade for (2) U games. Interested?

Get real

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Personally, I think it will be a fun game, and will try to talk Snookums into attending. It will be interesting to see how the two teams stack up.

My guess is that the Coyotes will come out sky-high and play exceptionally well. The only question is if they'll have enough to make it a full game vs. the Jacks. I think it would be a MAJOR mistake to underestimate the Yotes in this game.
        I have no clue as to whether we realistically can compete or not, and although you are correct never to understimate a potentially "dangerous" team, I give the serious edge to SDSU. And they have earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I think it would actually be quite funny if the crowd ended up being 5,000 supporting SDSU and about 10 supporting USD just to prove that USD cares about this game alot less than SDSU does. I am not intending to smack just making a point that USD fans should make it a point to not attend this game but a game at home against a different D1 school.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            I have no clue as to whether we realistically can compete or not, and although you are correct never to understimate a potentially "dangerous" team, I give the serious edge to SDSU. And they have earned it.
            Given the Yotes showing against UNC last year (even if I don't think the Yotes really had UNC's attention for most of that game) it would be foolish in the extreme to consider the Coyotes anything less than a worthy opponent.

And as I said before, my guess is the USD women, having listened to all the hype about the SDSU women this past year, will be pretty amped up to play.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Let me amend my last statement a bit. If anyone makes it a point to go up to the game make sure to attend a home game that you would not have otherwise attended. supporting USD is showing up for home games against Seattle U or UNI more than going to games in Brookings. If you had to make a choice between the home game against Houston Baptist or the road game at SDSU, choose the home game every time.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Let me amend my last statement a bit. If anyone makes it a point to go up to the game make sure to attend a home game that you would not have otherwise attended. supporting USD is showing up for home games against Seattle U or UNI more than going to games in Brookings. If you had to make a choice between the home game against Houston Baptist or the road game at SDSU, choose the home game every time.
                Not to be smug, but you might want to preach this on the coyote board, for you are probably reaching about 3 or 4 USD fans by posting it on this board.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

I see all three fans from the USD Board are in the house tonight. Amazing nobody over there is even talking about your new mens recruit today! Obiously your administration feels differently about whether a one game deal makes sense. If 10 USD fans show up to Frost that would be on par with the way USD showed up in Brookings the last few years of the "rivalvary". USD owes SDSU everything for showing them the proper path to DI and your fortunate we took this game.

Comment

Good Lord Coyote Fan, how about advising people to go to the game they will enjoy more rather than punishing themselves to prove a point nobody really cares about. Life is too short and fragile to hold these petty grudges and protests you are advocating.

I hope coyote fans come to Brookings and attend games in Vermillion, but if they can't do both I hope they choose the one that will be more convenient and enjoyable for them. It's obvious from the agreement that the USD AD doesn't agree with you about how much the university needs this game.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      You have to be the only fan in South Dakota to make such an unbelievable statement. I tell you what, buy a ticket for the USD game and offer to trade for IUPUI and IPFW and you'll be alone in Frost for those two games while everyone else will be in Brookings for the "U" game.

I'll buy (4) IUPUI tickets and trade for (2) U games. Interested?

Get real
                      I realize the USD game will have better attendance, but the truth is that IUPUI or IPFW is a lot more important than a game against USD. I know there's hype and interest in the USD game, but keep it in perspective. For now, this is a non-conference game that doesn't mean very much to SDSU and means everything to USD. That's not smack, just the reality of conf vs. non-conf and the fact that you're transitional and don't have anything else to strive for.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        you are probably reaching about 3 or 4 USD fans by posting it on this board.
                        He probably would only reach 3 or 4 USD fans on the other board too!!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

If USD gets a fair scheduling deal I will go to the game in Brookings but if USD is going to sell themselves out for a one game only contract I will not be attending that one. If I don't go to the game in Brookings I will make it a priority in 2010 to come to a game in Vermillion that I would not have otherwise attended against another school just for principal's sake. I am not gonna sell out as a fan for a game that will be/was set up based on inequality. USD owes SDSU nothing.
                          I don't think anyone's worried if you attend in Brookings or not. BTW, USD may not owe SDSU anything but we sure as hell don't owe USD anything either. In fact, I think it's nice gesture that we scheduled the game this early.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                            I realize the USD game will have better attendance, but the truth is that IUPUI or IPFW is a lot more important than a game against USD. I know there's hype and interest in the USD game, but keep it in perspective. For now, this is a non-conference game that doesn't mean very much to SDSU and means everything to USD. That's not smack, just the reality of conf vs. non-conf and the fact that you're transitional and don't have anything else to strive for.
                            I know this is a SDSU board but actually it means less to USD. They are not post season eligible and SDSU is, so if the Jacks lose the game it might be the difference between a post season at large bid or not. It won't mean anything to USD as far as post season. The SDSU game for USD is also nothing more than a non conference game. Since USD at least has a conference title to be competing for hopefully they will focus most of their attention towards their conference season. It's more important for SDSU to beat UMKC and more important for USD to beat Texas Pan American.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                              I don't think anyone's worried if you attend in Brookings or not. BTW, USD may not owe SDSU anything but we sure as hell don't owe USD anything either. In fact, I think it's nice gesture that we scheduled the game this early.
                              It's more of a nice gesture on USD's part to play in a game that will draw 5,000 vs a so so unknown that might draw 1500.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                                He probably would only reach 3 or 4 USD fans on the other board too!!
                                Unfortunately you couldn't be more right. There is a problem when more USD fans post on this board than on their own board. One of the best USD fans I know, good old SD4Ever doesn't even post on the USD board. That is the whole problem with the USD board. People don't make a big enough effort to keep it interesting.
                                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                                X