Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Gabby won't be here until 2010 as she is a current high school junior. She will come in the year after Maria graduates as Maria is a current junior at SDSU.
    Hence 8 consecutive years. If they overlapped a year, it would be only 7, right?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      Hence 8 consecutive years. If they overlapped a year, it would be only 7, right?
      Right...but then you can't say "next year will be Maria and (G)abby". As to next year, I think we will miss our seniors more than some of you think...but will still be very strong. We do have some great recruits coming in, but I think they will be a year away from being real solid. I look for next year to be just a little down and the next year, very strong. Of course, I would be happy to be proven wrong (next year)!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Right...but then you can't say "next year will be Maria and (G)abby". As to next year, I think we will miss our seniors more than some of you think...but will still be very strong. We do have some great recruits coming in, but I think they will be a year away from being real solid. I look for next year to be just a little down and the next year, very strong. Of course, I would be happy to be proven wrong (next year)!
        I meant and said that the 'story' next year would be the Boevers--one outgoing, one incoming. As opposed to this year's story being Jenn W.

Comment

Charlie Creme has us a 6 seed in his latest bracketology in Columbus

Columbus, Ohio (March 21)
          (6) SOUTH DAKOTA ST./SUMMIT (29-2)
          (11) ILLINOIS STATE/MVC (24-6)

(3) OHIO STATE/BIG TEN (27-5)
          (14) EAST TENNESSEE ST./A-SUN (20-10)

And here is his article on bubble teams

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

BTW, SDSU is NOT a bubble team.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
              Charlie Creme has us a 6 seed in his latest bracketology in Columbus

Columbus, Ohio (March 21)
              (6) SOUTH DAKOTA ST./SUMMIT (29-2)
              (11) ILLINOIS STATE/MVC (24-6)

(3) OHIO STATE/BIG TEN (27-5)
              (14) EAST TENNESSEE ST./A-SUN (20-10)

And here is his article on bubble teams
              I for one, would love this bracket's matchups. Take on another mid-major program to start the tourney. Also, we have proven we can play with teams from the Big Ten and win, so Ohio State doesn't worry me nearly as much as say, playing Rutgers in NJ or having Duke in the second round. Time will tell where we are, but this would be a pretty good match up I think. Also, Creme has Iowa State as a 4. They have 7 losses. Its frustrating that our RPI has suffered so much.

EDIT: Upon further review, I really don't like playing in Columbus. I just realized that's where this one would be. It seems we may have to pick our poison, no easy path the Sweet Sixteen. I guess that's the point though huh?
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Its not going to matter where we play. We wil eventually be in someones backyard whether its in the first round or the second. We are the new team on the block and we will have to pay our dues before getting a favorable draw.

Comment

Seems like the high seeds alway's have the "easy" go of it, it's remarkable to me that there are any "upset's" at all.I still say they "gave " Purdue the game against now SMU, at the time they were Southwest Missouri State, they run that team ragged playing all # 1 & #2 seeds basically at home & beating them, still made it to the final four , but they were just to exhausted to give Purdue a good fight.That seeding was way to low for them , i'd like to see Purdue have to do what SMU did and then have them play that game over , i think it would have been an entirely (sp) different outcome.
                  A lot of it is news hype, large schools have large fan base, it's basicly(sp) , who's who as far as players (love fest) it's all a big "show" which makes it what it is , highly anticipated, it's the crown jewel of college athletics, it's festive, dramatic, & as i started out with , sometimes a tradgedy.Can't wait for it to start.

Comment

My $0.02 worth on comments at Creme's Bracketology...

SDSU Jacks and Xavier should be swapped on the 3/8 bracketology. SDSU sweeps through the Summit Conference, goes 31-2, with an all 2008 post-season teams as OOC. Only loss OOC was to MD Terps, who Jacks led at half. Only loss in conference was at #70 (RPI) Oakland, in a a brain fart of a game. 3-0 vs Big10 this year, plus non-BCS regular season champs - Utah, Montana, and Gonzaga. Xavier falls in the quarterfinals.

Having enjoyed the SEC tourney in N. Little Rock, and following the Jacks all year, Jacks would be VERY COMPETITIVE with ANY of the ranked SEC teams. Vandy is the most like the Jacks, but isn't nearly as deep as the Jacks.

Going to Duluth GA, as a #5 seed would be good. UGA nor GaTech are showing there, and I suspect that Pitt would be a good second round match up for the Jacks.

Comment

On matchups--

The one team that worries me is Rutgers; why? Because they play physical and will get away with it. As IUPUI showed yesterday physical play will slow the Jacks down--they're not oversized and their style of play is based on being able to move continually and create separation. If you've got a team that's big into making contact, that will slow the Jacks down. I do not want to see this team sent to Piscataway.

Comment

Every team still playing at this time of the year can beat you.

Unlike the men's tournament, 16 seeds HAVE beaten 1 seeds in the women's NCAA tournament.

The only way to win is to approach all opponents with the highest level of respect.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Here is a link to a possible brackets:

http://www.collegerpi.com/women/09/ncaaguess.html

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                            Here is a link to a possible brackets:

http://www.collegerpi.com/women/09/ncaaguess.html
                            I don't like this bracket at all. It's scary! We have a 3/4 chance NOT to be in UConn's bracket. I hope we aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                              I don't like this bracket at all. It's scary! We have a 3/4 chance NOT to be in UConn's bracket. I hope we aren't.
                              But you must say that playing Illinois St (who we beatin the WNIT acouple of years ago) would be a good match up first round and the possibly the Big Ten Champ Ohio St. I like the first two rounds alot! After that it is all Gravy, to get to the sweet 16 would be incredible!

Comment

When you get to the NCAA tournament, with the teams that are selected, & the type of players that won't give up, anything can happen & usually does.
                                Especially the sweet 16 & further because they sense they're getting close to the big prize, the championship.It's one of , if not the most , hard fought trophies to bring home in college athletics.
                                Only those that can withstand this grueling(sp) tournament can make claim to the prize, & many top seeds have went home early.

Comment

Working...
                                X