Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Could you explain this in more detail? And provide a link that explains this in more detail. If I remember right, back in 2004 and before the first and 2nd round games were hosted by the top-seed's school. I would prefer that so Brookings/Sioux Falls could possibly host some games in the future. It would be WNIT nuts times 10!
    See Charlie Creme's article referenced above, at least I think it was that one. One of his articles talks about it.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

2/23 Creme predictions are up. Have Jacks as a #6 vs #11 Texas Tech in LUBBOCK, TX (Tx Tech home)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

For those that can't access at work....

LAST UPDATED: 2/23/09 2:30 AM ET
      Raleigh
      College Park, Md. (March 22)
      (1) Maryland (23-4)
      (16) MURRAY STATE/OVC (16-7)

(8) MIDDLE TENNESSEE/SUN BELT (23-5) (9) VCU/COLONIAL (23-4)

Columbus, Ohio (March 21)
      (5) Florida (23-5) (12) ILLINOIS STATE/MVC (22-4)

(4) OHIO STATE/BIG TEN (22-5) (13) BOSTON U./AMERICA EAST (18-6)

Lubbock, Texas (March 22)
      (6) SOUTH DAKOTA ST./SUMMIT (26-2) (11) Texas Tech (15-11)

(3) Duke (22-4) (14) UTEP/C-USA (16-10)

East Lansing, Mich. (March 22)
      (7) Michigan State (19-8) (10) Villanova (17-10)

(2) AUBURN/SEC (26-2) (15) FRESNO STATE/WAC (18-7)
      Berkeley
      Iowa City, Iowa (March 22)
      (1) Louisville (25-3) (16) NORTH CAROLINA A&T/MEAC (19-6)

(8) Iowa (18-9) (9) TCU (18-8)

Chattanooga, Tenn. (March 21)
      (5) Vanderbilt (21-7) (12) BOWLING GREEN/MAC (22-2)

(4) Kansas State (21-4) (13) EAST TENNESSEE ST./A-SUN (16-9)

Baton Rouge, La. (March 22)
      (6) Virginia (21-7) (11) LSU (15-9)

(3) Texas A&M (20-5) (14) SAMFORD/SOUTHERN (21-4)

Los Angeles (March 21)
      (7) DePaul (20-7) (10) Boston College (18-9)

(2) STANFORD/PAC-10 (22-4) (15) PORTLAND STATE/BIG SKY (18-7)

Oklahoma City
      Albuquerque, N.M. (March 21)
      (1) OKLAHOMA/BIG 12 (24-2) (16) PRAIRIE VIEW/SWAC (15-10)

(8) UTAH/MWC (17-7) (9) Georgia Tech (19-8)

Seattle (March 21)
      (5) Arizona State (20-6) (12) GONZAGA/WCC (21-6)

(4) Pittsburgh (19-5) (13) UW-GREEN BAY/HORIZON (22-3)

Bowling Green, Ky. (March 22)
      (6) Tennessee (19-8) (11) Temple (18-8)

(3) Baylor (21-4) (14) SACRED HEART/NEC (19-7)

Piscataway, N.J. (March 21)
      (7) Purdue (19-8) (10) Rutgers (15-10)

(2) FLORIDA STATE/ACC (23-5) (15) LEHIGH/PATRIOT (21-6)
      Trenton
      Storrs, Conn. (March 22)
      (1) CONNECTICUT/BIG EAST (27-0) (16) DARTMOUTH/IVY (14-9)

(8) Minnesota (18-8) (9) Mississippi State (19-8)

Duluth, Ga. (March 21)
      (5) Texas (19-7) (12) MARIST/MAAC (25-3)

(4) XAVIER/A-10 (24-4) (13) LIBERTY/BIG SOUTH (16-7)

San Diego (March 21)
      (6) Iowa State (18-7) (11) San Diego State (18-6)

(3) California (22-3) (14) UC SANTA BARBARA/BIG WEST (17-8)

Notre Dame, Ind. (March 22)
      (7) Notre Dame (18-7) (10) Indiana (17-9)

(2) North Carolina (23-4) (15) TEXAS-ARLINGTON/SOUTHLAND (15-9)

Comment

Playing Tex.Tech on their home court doesnt bother me as much as looking who the second round game would be, Duke. If you look at all the second round 6-3 matchups those are some really tough opponents. Getting to the sweet-16 would be quite a challenge.

On the other hand if we could move up to a 5, the 5-4 match ups look a lot more inviting.

I know the correlation between a top 20 ranking and seeding is not high, but going just by ranking that would seem to indicate a 5 seed.

Win out and hope for the best!

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
          Playing Tex.Tech on their home court doesnt bother me as much as looking who the second round game would be, Duke. If you look at all the second round 6-3 matchups those are some really tough opponents. Getting to the sweet-16 would be quite a challenge.

On the other hand if we could move up to a 5, the 5-4 match ups look a lot more inviting.

I know the correlation between a top 20 ranking and seeding is not high, but going just by ranking that would seem to indicate a 5 seed.

Win out and hope for the best!
          Problem with the rankings (AP/ESPN) is that they are people voting, and as such, as long as Jacks continue to win, those voters have no reason to change Jacks out. Unfortunately, the computer Rankings various RPI, but especially NCAA RPI, has the Jacks slipping with every game we play because of the +200 RPI ratings of our Summit league mates. The ONLY help Jacks get is the success of our OOC games that we defeated. As long as they are doing well, the Jacks will do well. FYI, RPI range as high as 29th for Jacks, which is the NCAA's RPI. Vaporia.com isn't running this year, which is a shame, as it was the most accurate predictor out there. But using the basis of Vaporia, which is to average most rating services, Jacks should be about 21.

Comment

http://realtimerpi.com/bracketology/...ogy_Women.html

Realtime takes the #28 Jacks and puts them in as a 12 SEED!!!!!

That REALLY wouldn't be bad, as matched 1st round vs IA St, and 2nd round Ohio St or Wis-GB. That my Rabbit friends is a reasonable shot at the sweet 16.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

That REALLY wouldn't be bad, as matched 1st round vs IA St, and 2nd round Ohio St or Wis-GB. That my Rabbit friends is a reasonable shot at the sweet 16.
              A 12?!?!?!?! What were they thinking??

Comment

That's not a bad seed for a conference AQ.....

But they must be doing some weird voodoo where a team that is 6 spots into the at large pool (at least by the most pessimistic RPI services, as many as 10-12 spots in by other services) goes in as a #12.

Comment

i want a good seed, but if we're a good seed playing in maryland or LA then not good.
                  if were a lower seed but we get to play in Iowa thats ok. i just want us to be in iowa, so i can go watch, otherwise everythings too far away.

Comment

I looked at that and thought that the bracketologist basically set up three 4/5 seeds, and then UW-GB who's having a very good Horizon run. IMHO, that would be a sweet 4 teams, and Jacks can play with any of them, and likely take them down.

I'd love to see the Jacks take out the #1 Big 10 team, showing indeed that the Best team in the Big 10 this year, plays in the Summit.

Comment

Whether we are 5 or 12 doesn't really matter, either way helps us avoid a 1, 2, or 3 seed in the second round. Just hope we aren't 7-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                        Whether we are 5 or 12 doesn't really matter, either way helps us avoid a 1, 2, or 3 seed in the second round. Just hope we aren't 7-10.
                        Now that's an intelligent person speaking........exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

This is just plain wacky. I would not even bother to awaken the microchips inside your computer to peruse this.
                          This mockup gives the other SDSU - the one that has befuddled people all year - a 10th seed, even though the lesser SDSU's RPI is 36 to the Jacks' 28.

Comment

rabidrabbit Creme predictions are up. Have Jacks as a #6 vs #11 Texas Tech in LUBBOCK, TX (Tx Tech home)

Not sure Texas Tech will even make the tournament after the 30-point-loss pile of stinkeroo they left on the court at Baylor tonight. They're also likely to be no better than 16-14 with games against Iowa State and Oklahoma just around the corner.

Comment

The latest Bracketology has us down to a #7 seed and going to NJ to play Rutgers. Our SOS is going to hurt our seed.

Comment

Well hopefully the Selection Committee will look past that and seed us where we should be. A #7 seed is getting borderline ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X