• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology

Saw this in TV's Tuesday Tidbits, Jacks are now projected as a #7 seed

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

Re: Bracketology

Well here is the latest projections. We are still projected as a 7 seed, but they also list Oakland/Summit as a 13 seed. I guess they are stating that if SDSU does not win the Summit Tourney, that we will still get an at-large bid.

Charlie Creme explains State's chance of an at large bid here:

South Dakota State: The Jackrabbits' at-large viability is actually reflected in this week's bracket. They aren't the current leaders in the Summit after falling to Oakland at the beginning of the month. The Grizzlies go in as league champs, but South Dakota State is in the field, and comfortably so.
    That should also be the case come March even if the Jackrabbits stumble in the conference tournament. The job done by ninth-year coach Aaron Johnston is among the top stories in the women's game over the past few years. Of course, that alone doesn't get anyone a bid. What does is a gaudy record and big wins. The Jackrabbits are already at 18 victories and counting. More important are some of those nonconference victims. Wisconsin, Utah, Montana, Minnesota and Gonzaga could all be competing with South Dakota State for at-large bids -- and the Jackrabbits beat each of them. This side of a meteor falling in Sioux Falls, Jennifer Warkenthien & Co. will be in the NCAA tournament for the first time win or lose at the Summit League tournament.
    More Pub for the Jacks, I like it!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Interesting that beating SDSU gives the Summit champ a real boost in tournament seeding....

Sans SDSU winning the Summit would get you, what? a 15 seed at best?

Comment

they now have us in iowa city instead of ....was it michigan? i think i like that better.

Comment

This show you that playing a tough schedule and winning can earn you a lot of respect.

Just think what will happen with a couple tournament wins.

Comment

I really hope we can get a 4, 5, or 6 seed. nothing higher. and i hope we aren't too far away. iowa city would be ideal. so say sdsu's first round game is in california. how do fans and parents do travel arrangments. cause u can't book a flight to go and come home unless you know if u are going to win or loose. it could be tricky when the time comes. hopefully the time does come.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit_fan View Post
              I really hope we can get a 4, 5, or 6 seed. nothing higher. and i hope we aren't too far away. iowa city would be ideal. so say sdsu's first round game is in california. how do fans and parents do travel arrangments. cause u can't book a flight to go and come home unless you know if u are going to win or loose. it could be tricky when the time comes. hopefully the time does come.
              Just spend the entire weekend out here and if the Jacks go home early stay until the weekend is over. You can stay at my house, we have a spare room.

Go State!!!
              Go Jacks!!!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

well thank you very much for the invite. i'll keep that in mind

Comment

I think Charlie Creme always give the auto-bid to whoever is in first place of each conference at the time he releases the brackets. If there is a tie, he goes by who would get number one seed in conference tourney and right now that would be Oakland because they have won the only head to head match up. This is also why Oakland would not be in the list of last 4 in. I don't think he thinks the Summit would get two teams unless SDSU gets upset in the tourney, but if it happens we are a lock to get an at-large invite.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    they now have us in iowa city instead of ....was it michigan? i think i like that better.
                    guarantee Iowa City becomes rabbit den south if this holds true...

Comment

Let's say the unmentionable happens and we lose in the Summit League tourney. What affect, if any, would there be if we and Oakland both got into the field of 64? Would it have an affect on future conference RPIs or would anybody besides Summit fans notice? If respect comes out of big game/tourney wins then having two teams pulling shockers might be good.

Now back to reality, when does the 2010 schedule get set? It will be interesting to see if being league champs and the tourney Cinderella will scare or encourage better competion.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

if we wouldn't had lost to Oakland
                        and we were 19-1 right now.
                        what would our seed have been then.

5 or maybe 6

Comment

I think you can look at the polls and come close to figuring this out; 20 & 26 avg 23.

01-04 get #1
                          05-08 get #2
                          09-12 get #3
                          13-16 get #4
                          17-20 get #5
                          21-24 get #6
                          25-28 get #7
                          29-32 get #8

Charlie probably puts a little more stock in the AP, so that may explain it. RPI would likely factor into it also. However, AJ said today that the NCAA selection likes to use the RPI to justify its placement when it helps them, and says it is not the only factor when it doesn't. If we hadn't lost to Oakland we definitely would still be in the AP, probably close to where we are in Coaches, meaning would likely be seeded about a 5 or 6.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Or in other words, yep about there.

Comment

What I really like is that he has COMFORTABLY IN as AT Large

Comment

Working...
                              X