Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    Let's say the unmentionable happens and we lose in the Summit League tourney. What affect, if any, would there be if we and Oakland both got into the field of 64? Would it have an affect on future conference RPIs or would anybody besides Summit fans notice? If respect comes out of big game/tourney wins then having two teams pulling shockers might be good.

Now back to reality, when does the 2010 schedule get set? It will be interesting to see if being league champs and the tourney Cinderella will scare or encourage better competion.
    lol I was trying to think of a way to word this question....lol very nicely done

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      Let's say the unmentionable happens and we lose in the Summit League tourney. What affect, if any, would there be if we and Oakland both got into the field of 64? Would it have an affect on future conference RPIs or would anybody besides Summit fans notice? If respect comes out of big game/tourney wins then having two teams pulling shockers might be good.

Now back to reality, when does the 2010 schedule get set? It will be interesting to see if being league champs and the tourney Cinderella will scare or encourage better competion.
      It would actually be beneficial for the SUMMIT LEAGUE as a whole to have both Jacks and Griz in the Dance. BTW, Oakland RPI is about 80-90, or about where Jacks have been the last two years. Make no mistake, OAKLAND IS A GOOD TEAM ALSO. If they were to make the NCAAs, they could reasonable pull an upset also as there are at least 8 leagues with WORSE #1 RPIs, so that 13 seed is reasonable.

With that said, I hope EVERY ONE WITHIN 250 MILES OF BROOKINGS IS PLANNING THEIR 1/31 night to pack the world's largest RABBIT DEN FOR OAKLAND DOUBLEHEADER!

Comment

Anybody else notice that our ONE unsuccessful revenge game team is the selected opponent in this bracketology. In the NCAA's would be a GREAT TIME to correct that!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          they now have us in iowa city instead of ....was it michigan? i think i like that better.

East Lansing was looking pretty good to me. It's only a two hour drive away. Psst and don't tell my wife you could all stay at my house.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            East Lansing was looking pretty good to me. It's only a two hour drive away. Psst and don't tell my wife you could all stay at my house.
            I've got the verbal signoff from Snookums to go to the 1st/2nd Rounds and to the Regionals, if SDSU's in it.

Like I've crowed before, we've already got the tickets for the Final Four
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

On a given night, let me emphasize given, the Jacks are capable of beating any team in the country--except for Uconn.

That being said, on any given night they could also lose to most of the teams in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                On a given night, let me emphasize given, the Jacks are capable of beating any team in the country--except for Uconn.

That being said, on any given night they could also lose to most of the teams in the tournament.
                My most fervent hope is that Uconn is "peaking too soon." They're absolutely destroying people right now, but the tournament is still a long ways off.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  My most fervent hope is that Uconn is "peaking too soon." They're absolutely destroying people right now, but the tournament is still a long ways off.
                  Look what happened to North Carolina, lost to Conn., & instead of destroying thier next opponent, lost two more games .Got to be something mental there with the team, seems they've lost the confidence to win games after the crushing loss to UConn.Anything can happen with a basketball team...like the jacks men, i personaly think the team's "cursed".Is there some voodo magic ritual to remove a curse we could employ?

Comment

UConn is only going six-deep of players with over 10 minutes (at least against Louisville their last game): one senior, two juniors, two sophomores, one freshman. (One of the sophomores is Maya Moore, though.)

They're exceptionally strong but I'm not sure how deep they are, now that they lost starting guard Caroline Doty to an ACL. It's a long grind between now and the NCAA tournament--we'll see how well they hold up.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      UConn is only going six-deep of players with over 10 minutes (at least against Louisville their last game): one senior, two juniors, two sophomores, one freshman. (One of the sophomores is Maya Moore, though.)

They're exceptionally strong but I'm not sure how deep they are, now that they lost starting guard Caroline Doty to an ACL. It's a long grind between now and the NCAA tournament--we'll see how well they hold up.
                      At least they don't have Elena Delle Donne, no one could touch them if she would have decided to play there.

Comment

When I was watching the Purdue vs. Ohio State game on Sunday, I think I heard one of the announcers say something like, "If your not in the same bracket as UConn, you have a chance at getting to the Final Four". Here's to hoping were on the opposite field of 32 from UConn

Comment

there is a new bracketology up on ESPN... Creme has us as a #6 in the Raleigh region...

East Lansing, Mich. (March 22)
                          (6) SOUTH DAKOTA ST./SUMMIT (21-2) vs. (11) Michigan State (15-7)
                          and
                          (3) North Carolina (19-3) vs. (14) EAST TENNESSEE ST./A-SUN (12-8)

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

with the other half of the bracket looking at:
                          (7) Vanderbilt (17-5) vs. (10) San Diego State (14-5) and
                          (2) Texas A&M (17-3) vs. (15) TEXAS-ARLINGTON

In looking at all the different brackets.. I honestly like this one... but don't think there is a gimmee in the bunch.

Comment

Do I read that right? Do they have San Diego State going in as an at-large?

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                              there is a new bracketology up on ESPN... Creme has us as a #6 in the Raleigh region...

East Lansing, Mich. (March 22)
                              (6) SOUTH DAKOTA ST./SUMMIT (21-2) vs. (11) Michigan State (15-7)
                              and
                              (3) North Carolina (19-3) vs. (14) EAST TENNESSEE ST./A-SUN (12-8)

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

with the other half of the bracket looking at:
                              (7) Vanderbilt (17-5) vs. (10) San Diego State (14-5) and
                              (2) Texas A&M (17-3) vs. (15) TEXAS-ARLINGTON

In looking at all the different brackets.. I honestly like this one... but don't think there is a gimmee in the bunch.
                              i dont like the idea of playing michigan st in east lansing. kind of seems unfair that a 6 seed has to play at the home of the 11 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                i dont like the idea of playing michigan st in east lansing. kind of seems unfair that a 6 seed has to play at the home of the 11 seed.

The Good news is, these are just projections.

And what do you think the Summit League is going to think after coming to Sioux Falls to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X