Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracketology

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
    The Good news is, these are just projections.

And what do you think the Summit League is going to think after coming to Sioux Falls to play.

i still would like to see us in iowa city. a lot closer to go watch in person. and iowa is projected to be in right now but at 13-8 , they might not make it.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      i dont like the idea of playing michigan st in east lansing. kind of seems unfair that a 6 seed has to play at the home of the 11 seed.
      Don't they state that home teams can't start in their home arenas? So, for example, I don't believe Iowa can start in Iowa City, GA at Athens, GA, etc. Certainly want to have MI/ MSU start in a nearby city to get crowds in for the games.

Comment

first round games can... they just cant be for the main braket... California is one that is getting moved because of the location...

here is c.cremes statement on cal.

A last reminder: Cal is one of those teams that moved into a No. 1 seed this week, and it might look odd to see the Bears in the Raleigh Regional instead of Berkeley. But by rule, Cal can't play in the Berkeley Regional. No team can play the regionals on its home floor, though it is allowed in the first two rounds, when a host school must play at home. This is just something to keep in mind as Cal keeps popping up in the field everywhere except Berkeley.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          Do I read that right? Do they have San Diego State going in as an at-large?
          Quite likely. Aztecs are 14-5, and have beaten TCU (who tagged Maryland for an L), and are doing well in the Mt West. Even better news out of the MWC is that Utah is undefeated in conference play, including a win at UNM and I believe a win over TCU. Don't know if Aztecs and Utes have played each yet.

Comment

Utah beat San Diego 58-52 in Jan., they play again Feb 11.

Comment

Originally posted by shinman View Post
              Utah beat San Diego 58-52 in Jan., they play again Feb 11.

State??? Or University of??? We know how much we all like it...

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I believe he has four from the MWC in the tourney.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                  I believe he has four from the MWC in the tourney.
                  There are 4 teams, TCU, Utah, NM and the other SDSU that are playing well and have good OOC play also.

I look forward to the Summit only getting Jacks in, as we win the tourney. When was the last time (if ever) that the Summit/MidCon ever got two teams into the Dance? If Oakland were to to win the tourney (Gawd forbid), we could see that this year.

BTW, other than location to play Mich St., I like our chances of prevailing out of that bracket.

Comment

Two comments:

TCU has been wildly inconsistent. I don't think they deserve an at-large. Give it to a team that has maybe not beaten Maryland, but HAS beaten all the teams they should've beaten.

There's one thing I don't want to see in the Summit: Other schools piggybacking on SDSU's RPI. Oakland played a decent, but not fantastic OOC schedule. NDSU didn't. If other teams want to make names for themselves and have a shot at the NCAAs, I'd like it to be due to a bit more than winning one or two of three from SDSU during the conference season and tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      Two comments:

TCU has been wildly inconsistent. I don't think they deserve an at-large. Give it to a team that has maybe not beaten Maryland, but HAS beaten all the teams they should've beaten.

There's one thing I don't want to see in the Summit: Other schools piggybacking on SDSU's RPI. Oakland played a decent, but not fantastic OOC schedule. NDSU didn't. If other teams want to make names for themselves and have a shot at the NCAAs, I'd like it to be due to a bit more than winning one or two of three from SDSU during the conference season and tournament.
                      The only way for the Summit to ever be more than a one trick pony is for the other schools to pull an SDSU, play and beat top schools in OOC. Then a loss or two in conference don't ruin opportunities for an at-large. Since no one else in Summit besides Oakland and State are below 220 RPI, nobody else has a shot without winning the conference title.

Comment

Here's an interesting assessment of RPI relative to going Dancing.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=46295

97% chance that Rabbits get in whether win title game or not (assuming we win out til then)

Thanks Filbert for the encouraging note to check this site out!

Comment

I'm actually rooting hard for Oakland to get in the Dance. SDSU is a virtual shoo-in at this time, but if Oakland wins out in the regular season and has a strong showing in the Summit conference championship (say, a loss in the finals to SDSU) then I think the Summit can make a case for having 2 teams in. Multi-bid conferences (particularly perennial multi-bid conferences) get mucho respect, and in turn, the sports analysts will look back and think, the Jackrabbits did THAT in the Summit?

I'm not saying the Summit will ever become the ACC or Big 12, but it could turn into another Mountain West or Missouri Valley - conferences that rarely produce great teams, but often have several teams that put a thorn into the big boys' sides.

Comment

Originally posted by fezzador View Post
                            I'm actually rooting hard for Oakland to get in the Dance. SDSU is a virtual shoo-in at this time, but if Oakland wins out in the regular season and has a strong showing in the Summit conference championship (say, a loss in the finals to SDSU) then I think the Summit can make a case for having 2 teams in. Multi-bid conferences (particularly perennial multi-bid conferences) get mucho respect, and in turn, the sports analysts will look back and think, the Jackrabbits did THAT in the Summit?

I'm not saying the Summit will ever become the ACC or Big 12, but it could turn into another Mountain West or Missouri Valley - conferences that rarely produce great teams, but often have several teams that put a thorn into the big boys' sides.
                            It would be nice, but the only chance of them making the tournament is beating the Jacks---& I don't want that to happen. Otherwise they have 0% chance.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              i dont like the idea of playing michigan st in east lansing. kind of seems unfair that a 6 seed has to play at the home of the 11 seed.
                              Last year Michigan St played all their WNIT games in East Lansing and made it to the finals where they again played on the home court and were destroyed by Marquette. Plus once again East Lansing works out great for me and the other Jacks fans in Lapeer and the metro Detroit area. Yes there are Jacks fans in Michigan.
                              Last edited by SturgisJeff; 02-04-2009, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I read one of the bracketologists said virtually all the teams ranked in the top 25 at the end of the year make it to the tournament.
                                Last edited by shinman; 02-05-2009, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X