2010 Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruiting

There will be a real Minnesota flavor on our roster in the 10-11 season with Macie, Jennie, Leah, Gabby, Hannah, and Megan.

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
      I hope you mean....first for the jacks going head to head with a big 10 school.
      Yep.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

This program is still in it's infancy and to get the recruits we've been getting bodes well for the future of the program,exciting times are ahead, Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          This program is still in it's infancy and to get the recruits we've been getting bodes well for the future of the program,exciting times are ahead, Go Jacks!
          jackdaniel is correct! One thing to remember too is that the recruits we've been getting have been playing AAU ball across the country against some of the best players, and in front of hundreds and hundreds of college coaches. And they are choosing SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
            I hope you mean....first for the jacks going head to head with a big 10 school.....lower level major conference schools get beat by solid mid majors programs....
            Just a note that MN Gophs WBB have been post season most years this decade, which puts them in as a solid upper (not elite, but upper) major conference program. Choosing to join Jacks rather than Gophs is a nice +

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              I believe we can close the book on 2010 recruiting. Some pretty good instate players still out there.
              When we run out of scholarships, it can only help USD, unless they don't have any either, still a lot of good players out there & not enough sholarships, better than the other way around though.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                When we run out of scholarships, it can only help USD, unless they don't have any either, still a lot of good players out there & not enough sholarships, better than the other way around though.
                We get the best...and they get the second best! Seems right to me!

Aside from tongue-in-cheek: Since USD tends to recruit Nebraska more, and SDSU Minnesota more, there certainly are enough good players to recruit out there. We will just have to settle for the best in South Dakota and Minnesota!

Comment

IMO the talent level is down for DI WBB...but that's my opinion...Barden's probably the best in state...
                  Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                  Muhammad Ali

Comment

i think, & this is just my opinion, that recruits are invited to watch the team play, because of comments made last year of seeing recruits in the audience watching a game.They get to see first hand what type of fun & exciting style of game we play , & want to be a part of that.Take for example Waytashek, she runs the floor well , that sounds like a jackrabbit all the way doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      We get the best...and they get the second best! Seems right to me!

Aside from tongue-in-cheek: Since USD tends to recruit Nebraska more, and SDSU Minnesota more, there certainly are enough good players to recruit out there. We will just have to settle for the best in South Dakota and Minnesota!
                      I'm hoping the new assistent coach from Drake can help us tap into Iowa & Neb. more, so we don't have to hit Minn so hard, but if we get the quality of player like Megan Waytashek,that's all we need.I couldn't understand, for example ,why we didn't offer to the two players in Sioux City, maybe we did, but no one ever mentioned them if we did, maybe they accepted to Duke or someone & we were never really in the running....just thinking out loud, my apologies!

Comment

Seems JACKGUYII was a head of the curve on this one when he first saw the future Jacks 2010 TRIO together at a Jacks game last spring. They will make great teammates as they have already come to know each other through playing together in AAU.

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Noticed Gabby and her Dad had a couple of other girls and parents with them at the game. One wearing a New Prague Jacket and the other Centennial (Circle Pines). Some pretty good Juniors on those two good teams.

Comment

Re: Minnesota recruiting.

Minnesota's got about 6x as many people as SD and 2x as many people as Iowa---naturally SDSU should recruit heavily there.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                            Re: Minnesota recruiting.

Minnesota's got about 6x as many people as SD and 2x as many people as Iowa---naturally SDSU should recruit heavily there.
                            Not only is a quantity, but it's the quality of players as well. The past few years the state of Minnesota has produced a large number of D1 players (I believe in the mid to upper 20's in number each year). College coaches hit Minnesota hard, and with it serves us well....as proven with the kids we've gotten the past two years.

Comment

There are a lot of DI coaches from all over the country who recruit Minnesota for the quality and quanity of players. We have a wonderful advantage because of our proxmity to Minnesota which allows families to attend games on a more regular basis.

Comment

Now that this class is full can somebody sum up the 3 players names, heights, home towns, etc... in 1 thread so we can see it without reading all 12 pages?
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X