Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruiting

Originally posted by basketballfaithful View Post
    Not impressed that AJ didn't sign any SD kids....mark my words, there will be less and less SD kids there going forward.
    I've never understood this argument. Worthington is less than 100 miles from Brookings. Just because its on the other side of a line means we shouldn't recruit from there? Its ok to recruit from Rapid City, Pierre, etc even though they are much farther from Brookings than Worthington (for example) just because those towns are inside a certain boundary? Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by basketballfaithful View Post
      Not impressed that AJ didn't sign any SD kids....mark my words, there will be less and less SD kids there going forward.

I am just going to say it flat out - someone has taken my spot as having made the dumbest post ever on the board.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Nidaros, my earlier post begins with "Early in Jim Thorson's ... ." Chris White did not arrive until later, along with kids from some of the states you mention. I stand by my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
          Nidaros, my earlier post begins with "Early in Jim Thorson's ... ." Chris White did not arrive until later, along with kids from some of the states you mention. I stand by my post.
          Okay if you stand by your post, list the South Dakota Kids that did not pan out early in the coaching career of Jim Thorson? I think you are making a false generalization which you can not back up. I dont want to hear its so long ago, I have forgotten names. Thorson had his issues as the head coach at SDSU, but recruiting too many SD kids was not one of them.

How Bill Cartwright who I believe is still with Daktronics came the second year that he was coach as did Randy Suarez. These two came the second year he was and neither was from SD nor was Randy Jenkins.

Comment

Maybe its just me but I can't see how anyone can argue about the radius that AJ is getting 90% of his kids. He is getting the kids he wants, the kids love the style we play, and they love playing for AJ. As far as I'm concerned those are local kids. Heck, even the ESPN commentators mentioned how all the kids come from so close. That kind of thing doesn't just happen very often. He has cultivated a strong relationship with a lot of people that keep him up to speed on the potential of future recruits.

I'm not saying he walks on water but I will guarantee he is working on it!

OBTW-it doesn't hurt attendance a lick that all these kids from just over the border can have their family and friends make it over for the games with relative ease.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Okay if you stand by your post, list the South Dakota Kids that did not pan out early in the coaching career of Jim Thorson? I think you are making a false generalization which you can not back up. I dont want to hear its so long ago, I have forgotten names. Thorson had his issues as the head coach at SDSU, but recruiting too many SD kids was not one of them.

How Bill Cartwright who I believe is still with Daktronics came the second year that he was coach as did Randy Suarez. These two came the second year he was and neither was from SD nor was Randy Jenkins.
              Thanks Nidaros, I had just about gotten the Thorson years out of my brain. Back to therapy!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                Thanks Nidaros, I had just about gotten the Thorson years out of my brain. Back to therapy!

SUPERBUNNY
                Sorry Superbunny. I hope the relapse will not be too severe and that you recover quickly.

I am trying to still decipar the orignal post that got us off track here and that relates to SD kids not getting opportunities to make the SDSU roster as we progress into the new reclassication of D1. Its a red herring that we heard in the debate before the decision was made to go D1. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you got talent and if want to attend SDSU there is a good chance you might be recruited. If not recruited one can still get a good education at SDSU. I think most of us on this board feel that way.

Being from SD should not be a guarentee for anything.

Comment

Here is a link to a photo of Megan Waytashek

http://www.photostockplus.com/home.p...1289&pcount=45

Here is a link to a photo of Hannah Strop

http://www.photostockplus.com/home.p...1289&pcount=45
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Via Terry V's Twitter page http://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec:

HoopGurlz ranks SDSU recruit Megan Waytashek at No. 81 nationally in the 2010 class with a 93 grade. Wow.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncw/recru...6season%3d2010

Pretty Impressive. According the list, she is the second highest rated player from Minnesota. Good work AJ and staff!

Comment

Wished they would list her college choice! Still amazing Sam Ostarello is #15 on the 2009 list.

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204831156

Waytashek is listed as 6'0, but is 6'2 in every other article I have seen

Comment

Originally posted by slosho
                          well they may not list it but she is going to Purdue. I ran into her last summer @ zesto and she even had on Purdue shorts. Said she was tired of everybody telling here she should be going to STATE.... but Purdue for sure. FYI
                          Huh? Ostrello is 2009 class and is at Purdue. We are talking about the 2010 class and Waytashek, the Jackrabbits and how it would be nice to have SDSU listed next to such a highly touted recruits name. At least that's what I think we are talking about.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Huh? Ostrello is 2009 class and is at Purdue. We are talking about the 2010 class and Waytashek, the Jackrabbits and how it would be nice to have SDSU listed next to such a highly touted recruits name. At least that's what I think we are talking about.

MSG deleted. I thought JACKGUYII was looking for that info. if you read just the one post it kinda reads that way. but it's gone now thanks

Comment

Here is a brief recap of 2010 recruit Hannah Strop's New Prague team and a video interview with Hannah after their close win over Barnum.

http://www.mnsportspreview.com/hoops...ue-barnum.html

Comment

Wanted to hold off reporting this until something official came out about the nature of the injury,but as TV reported in his blog today,Gabby Boever suffered a knee injury in a game before Christmas. Word after the injury was that it was just a sprain,but an article in the Worthington paper today states that she partially tore several ligaments - not sure what "several" means.Saw her at a game on Saurday and she was wearing one of the big,bulky braces over her street clothes..The artcle did not mention what the chances were of her returning for this year. Best wishes to Gabby as she works through this.

Comment

Working...
                                X