2010 Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruiting

I am very sorry to learn of Gabby's knee injury. I hope she things go well for her and she has a speedy recovery.

Can't wait to see her play at SDSU. She is going to be a very good Jackrabbit!

Comment

Jaicee Ullmer, the Canton Junior who hit the full court shot seen on all the local news shows, was said to be a SDSU recruit on one site I saw. Anyone know anything about this? I know for a fact that Augie and USF have offered her already.

She's a real gamer, little point guard. She has been starting since the 8th grade and was top 5 statewide in points, rebs and assists (I believe) last year as a sophmore.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
        Jaicee Ullmer, the Canton Junior who hit the full court shot seen on all the local news shows, was said to be a SDSU recruit on one site I saw. Anyone know anything about this? I know for a fact that Augie and USF have offered her already.

She's a real gamer, little point guard. She has been starting since the 8th grade and was top 5 statewide in points, rebs and assists (I believe) last year as a sophmore.
        How is she on the defensive side of the ball and possession wise? I think AJ is going to be looking a little more closely at those things.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

With Westergard leaving the team, it would seem that we would have another scholarship available for next year. Any thoughts on who we would target?

At one point there was conversation on Shaunteva Ashley from SF- Rosevelt who has been playing very well as of late. Does anyone know if she has commited elsewhere?

We may need to target more height though, since we lost depth there.

Comment

I -think- that at present next year's incoming class is accounted for (Boever and I-can't-remember-her-name-but-she's-from-Minnesota), as AFAIK, Ketty & Allison are the only seniors on the squad.

But with Cala leaving the team, next year's incoming freshman class can be a bit larger, balancing out the classes on the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
              I -think- that at present next year's incoming class is accounted for (Boever and I-can't-remember-her-name-but-she's-from-Minnesota), as AFAIK, Ketty & Allison are the only seniors on the squad.

But with Cala leaving the team, next year's incoming freshman class can be a bit larger, balancing out the classes on the squad.

Maria Boever is also a senior

Comment

D'OH

I'm an idiot.

Comment

I think we oughta give Ashley and Janis a look, if a scholarship does indeed open up.
                  Last edited by SDHoops; 01-24-2010, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I thought Christian Janis might be someone to look at when she was putting up big numbers last year.We had already filled all our scholarships for 2010 though.But,if we get one more?
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-24-2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

There are three MN players signed for next year already: Gabby Boever, Megan Waytashak, and Hannah Strop. But with Cala leaving, there would be an additional scholarship opening up now.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        There are three MN players signed for next year already: Gabby Boever, Megan Waytashak, and Hannah Strop. But with Cala leaving, there would be an additional scholarship opening up now.
                        Bingo. My mistake earlier.

It would be nice to keep bringing in classes of 3 with no redshirts, or classes of 4 with one redshirt.

No more five freshmen at once please.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                          I am very sorry to learn of Gabby's knee injury. I hope she things go well for her and she has a speedy recovery.

Can't wait to see her play at SDSU. She is going to be a very good Jackrabbit!
                          Spoke to Gabby's dad Saturday and her surgery was either yesterday or today. Wishing Gabby a speedy recovery.

Comment

Good story on Roosevelt's Shaunteva Ashley.
                            http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...TS0103/1280303

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                              Spoke to Gabby's dad Saturday and her surgery was either yesterday or today. Wishing Gabby a speedy recovery.
                              Is there any concern by doctors, coaches, or family that the injury will have an effect on her game?
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Good story on Roosevelt's Shaunteva Ashley.
                                http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...TS0103/1280303
                                Ashley seems like a very talented player for a quality high school program, but doesn't have a college scholarship offer even from local D2 or NAIA schools, let alone the area D1 schools.

Seems odd to me.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X