2010 Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Recruiting

Another link to a picture of Hannah and brief writeup on her verbal.

http://www.kjasr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
      I know what you mean.
      Ditto.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Gotta keep that one...two punch going with the inside game, great pick-up

Comment

Because of all the hype about Wolters and interviews with the 3 AD canidates, the verbal from Strop has flown under the radar. Has anyone seen her play or can give us some information about her?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

TV post on Hannah: http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...rgusleader.com

Comment

Success breeding success (from TV's post):

Strop said that she also had a scholarship offer from NDSU and was receiving interest from UNI, USD, Northern Illinois, Colorado State and Creighton. She is the first commit since the Jacks qualified for the NCAA Division I tournament for the first time.

“I always had this feeling that I wanted to go to SDSU,” she said, “but them making it to the NCAA tournament and making it as far as they did really put that through my head that, wow, I could be doing this in a year or two and it got me way more excited.”

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                In all fairness to Lingle, the post season awards revolve a lot around offensive numbers, and from the box scores I looked at, Lingle seemed to play the role of the rebounder/shot blocker on the team, where Paluch was more of the offensive focal point of Pierre.
                The role of shot blocker& rebounder is not a bad one at all for any team to have , although, during the 3 class shootout, she was free to break that role & showed everyone she can score points too, made mvp

Comment

I think AJ will experiment a little in the exhibition part of the schedule & see what the "big" girls can do, he's got a lot of talent in Sunnerborg(sp) , Westargard(sp) , Lingle, Strop, & Dietel(sp) maybe with the gaurds too, who there will earn a starting job? Macie's gotta have the nod for starting point gaurd you'd think.Might see the bench used a lot too , as we'll probably be good enough to be able to develop player's games & still win the games.We seem to get good enough players to do that, a lot of other teams , the talent level drops off too much after the first 6 or 7 to do that.Oops, sorry, maybe two yrs from now is a little too early to evaluate a team , my bad , forgot i was in the 2010 thread.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-02-2009, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I think AJ will experiment a little in the exhibition part of the schedule & see what the "big" girls can do, he's got a lot of talent in Sunnerborg(sp) , Westargard(sp) , Lingle, Strop, & Dietel(sp)
                    Strop won't be in until the following year.

Comment

Here is a nice Q & A with Hannah Strop, along with some photos.

http://www.gprep.net/902onthecourt_strop_qanda.html

Comment

Sounds like our type player, can't wait to see her in yellow& blue.

Comment

Jacks have offer out to another Minnesota Prep according to the Star Tribune:

Other recruiting notes
                          • Centennial's Megan Waytashek has become one of the state's top basketball recruits. She is considering scholarship offers from Creighton, Drake, Minnesota and South Dakota State. And she is looking at six additional programs, including Michigan and Northwestern. She plans to announce her choice in July. Waytashek, a 6-2 guard/forward, averaged 12.5 points for the Cougars, who lost the Class 4A championship game to Minneapolis South.

http://gprep.net/204rankings_waytashek_megan.html

Comment

Megan listed as the #5 recruit in the class of 2010 in Minnesota:

http://gprep.net/200rankings.html

Comment

Just wondering, what's the highest ranked recruit we've gotten from Minn. since they've been ranking thier prep players?
                              I think the top 5 or six usually go to big time conferences, Big ten, big east , acc, etc...
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-23-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Megan and Leah Dietel were AAU teammates. Maybe that will help get her to SDSU.
                                For the highest ranked Minnesota player, I know Macie Michelson was ranked very high as a senior. She may have been a Miss Basketball finalist if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X