Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Recruiting

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    When did we get the second best player in Minnesota?
    Leah Dietel.... Just my opinion, though....

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      I just don't see any possible impact on the program other than good things. AJ will stick to his formula and if they continue to get more and more interest from "elite players" it is a great thing.
      But there's always a temptation to grab a 'star' recruit, if said recruit is interested in playing for SDSU----I guess what I'm saying is AJ may find himself in the odd position of having to turn down an entirely different caliber of player, if top 25 status becomes a year-in-year-out thing.

Comment

I think it comes down to winning. In most cases (excluding T.O. types) any athlete is going to be happy when the team is winning 95% of their games. Now, go to a .500 team and try to give your best player only 27 minutes. Not a recipe for keeping people happy.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          But there's always a temptation to grab a 'star' recruit, if said recruit is interested in playing for SDSU----I guess what I'm saying is AJ may find himself in the odd position of having to turn down an entirely different caliber of player, if top 25 status becomes a year-in-year-out thing.
          Lord, who'd of thought that we'd be having this kind of discussion 4 years ago?

The leading scorer in D-I, a Middle TN St player, wouldn't do well with the platoon system that AJ promotes/coaches. However, if Jacks continue on the lofty settings that they are on, you can see that Jacks WBB is getting better each year. We are losing a superstar, and three super position players to graduation this year. However, you already see the quality of the players coming up. Maria and Ketty will provide the Senior leadership next year, and Kristen, Jill and Macie will play major roles also. With Schut, Cala, and Leah developing the inside game. This is a deep, deEP, DEEP team, and there will be no one in Summit League that will be challenging them for the title, unless they get complacent. Complacency is a distinct NON trait of SDSU basketball.

The future is LQQKing good for the WBB at SDSU.

Comment

Leah Dietel.... Just my opinion, though....
            I've only seen clips from a couple of Leah's game and she may only be the 2nd best player on her HS team. She has a teammate going to Kansas State. Just my opinion. I hope she is better than Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
              I've only seen clips from a couple of Leah's game and she may only be the 2nd best player on her HS team. She has a teammate going to Kansas State. Just my opinion. I hope she is better than Jen.
              Yeah. The best player in the state of Minnesota is going to K-State, the second best player is going to SDSU and Pam Borton's got a 10 year contract.

In South Dakota, the best player in the state is going to Purdue, and the next 4 are going to be Jackrabbits.

Comment

Yeah. The best player in the state of Minnesota is going to K-State, the second best player is going to SDSU and Pam Borton's got a 10 year contract.

In South Dakota, the best player in the state is going to Purdue, and the next 4 are going to be Jackrabbits.
                No the best player in the state is hands down (Tayler Hill) of Minneapolis South. She is the all-time leading scorer in Minnesota history and had the pick of any program in the country, she just eliminated Duke from consideration. Leah had a great year and career and received honorable mention all-state honors and second team all-metro. I think Leah is the right kind of player for SDSU, but I think some people like you are putting unfair expectations on her. I think she is a more complete player than her talented and more heralded Jordan teammate (Brittany Chambers). I think she will have a solid career at SDSU. There are a lot of talented players in Minnesota who are going to a variety of different DI programs.

Comment

Have to agree 100% with JackGuyII that Tayler Hill is the best in Minnesota, maybe the best in Minnesota state history. Saw her play 8 times this year and she proved her spot as number 1 every time. I read somewhere that there are 24 D1 kids from Minnesota in the class of 2009. That's an incredible number. We got one of them, Leah, who was named to some all-state teams amongst all those D1 kids. I also agree with JackGuyII that she's the right kind of kid for SDSU. Then we already have one of the top 2010 Minnesota kids in Gabby Boever. There are more to get out of the 2010 class too, hopefully we'll land some of them.

Comment

After watching Jordan play Minneapolis South, I felt Leah was the 3rd best player from a skill stand point on the floor (Hill and Chambers being the 1st and 2nd in that order), but I think she may have had the most room for growth out of those three players as well. Leah has a lot of athleticism and overall talent (plus really smart, as I believe she is a 4.0 student), but she needs to refine some of the rough edges in her game (leans in a little too much when she is shooting; needs to develop her post moves). I think once Coach Johnston gets a hold of her there will be immense improvement in her game and she could end up having the best college career out of those three... though Tayler Hill is amazing and I have no doubt she'll have a great college career where ever she ends up.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

SDSU recruit Heiser has been named SD Girls basketball player of the year by the Argus and is joined by two other SDSU recruits, Eide and Paluch on the first five. congrats to all.

http://argusleader.com/

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...15/1002/sports

Comment

Here's a link to a separate story on Tara Heiser by Mick Garry.

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                          SDSU recruit Heiser has been named SD Girls basketball player of the year by the Argus and is joined by two other SDSU recruits, Eide and Paluch on the first five. congrats to all.

http://argusleader.com/

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...15/1002/sports
                          I hope nobody takes this wrong because I have complete faith in A.J. and the staff but where is Lingle? She is the only future Jack that didn't make the 1st team and she's not even listed on the 2nd team. Were there too many good players on that team so she just played as a roll player? Was she injured?
                          I know SDSU will be fine either way but I just thought her name would be on one of the lists.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            I hope nobody takes this wrong because I have complete faith in A.J. and the staff but where is Lingle? She is the only future Jack that didn't make the 1st team and she's not even listed on the 2nd team. Were there too many good players on that team so she just played as a roll player? Was she injured?
                            I know SDSU will be fine either way but I just thought her name would be on one of the lists.
                            In all fairness to Lingle, the post season awards revolve a lot around offensive numbers, and from the box scores I looked at, Lingle seemed to play the role of the rebounder/shot blocker on the team, where Paluch was more of the offensive focal point of Pierre.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

I heard that SDSU is looking at Samantha Kliensasser (spelling?) from James Valley, I see she made 1st team all state and had some great stats.

How many recruits can they sign for class of 2010? I see Ashley from Roosy and Barden from Sturgis both made 1st team all state, I think both are worth major looks. They will have big summers I bet with a lot of teams checking them out. Does anyone know what traveling teams they are with?

Comment

Originally posted by basketballfaithful View Post
                                How many recruits can they sign for class of 2010?
                                Lemmee see here:

Cornemann, Boever, and Anderson graduate next year and they'll have a full roster of 15 at the end of the year (if no one leaves) so I'm guessing 3??? Gabby Boever's one so they've got two spots open....

Comment

Working...
                                X