AP poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AP poll

At quick glance, it appears that SDSU is the only college in the top 25 that isn't a member of a BCS conference.

Comment

It looks like only two other teams have 12 wins so far, UNC and Auburn.

Comment

Unbelieveable!!!!! Not a reflection on the success of this team and this coach, but who would have thunk it a couple of years ago? Congratulations to the South Dakota State University women's basketball team, a top 25 in the NATION NCAA Division I in both media and coaches poll!!!!!! Go JACKS! And a welcome home to Megan Vogel, who certainly helped our program improve by leaps and bounds. What a Christmas present for Jackrabbits everywhere!!!!!

Comment

UCONN women's basketball and South Dakota State University women's basketball mentioned within paragraphs of one another. Who would of thought we would ever see that much less the first year we are eligible for DI play.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=3787441

UConn stays unanimous atop AP poll; South Dakota St. at No. 25

Associated Press
          Updated: December 22, 2008, 1:53 PM ET
          South Dakota State is ready to step into the national spotlight.

The Jackrabbits earned the first ranking in school history when they came into The Associated Press poll at No. 25 on Monday.

UConn was No. 1 for the 113th time in school history, matching Tennessee as the all-time leader of appearances atop the poll.

South Dakota State (12-1) became the first school from the Summit League (formerly the Mid-Continent Conference) to be ranked since Northern Illinois was 25th in the final poll in 1993.

"It's wonderful for the university to go from a regional institution to a national one," coach Aaron Johnston said. "It's a great opportunity and will open up some doors and other scheduling opportunities.".........................

After a very successful stint in Division II, the Jackrabbits made the move to Division I. This is the first season that South Dakota State will be eligible for the NCAA tournament. The Jackrabbits' lone loss this season came against then-No. 10 Maryland in the Cancun Caribbean Challenge.

TCU was the lone team to fall out. The Horned Frogs lost their only game this week to then-No. 4 Texas A&M.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I love the headline has to do with the Jacks making it!

Comment

I don't think that just Jack Fans have noticed that we deserve to be there. I have been around a few boards (I know gasp horror, the time wasted ) and I would say that most knowledgeable fans have taken note... there are still the uneducated ones who think it is some kind of a joke... but most respect what we have been doing over the transition and into this year.

I just think there were the doubters that have not been willing to give us the votes before now... so not sure about this but are the Jacks gaining about 30? points a week in the poll.. over the last month.. I should go check the real numbers but at the begining of december weren't we at like 17 points... then 40 something? then 70 something .. now 114? reflects well on the AP voters starting to learn who the SD State Jackrabbits are

Congratulations Ladies... it is overdue and well deserved.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

this is awesome! Its a great day to be a Jackrabbit!
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

This is terrific, and it was important to get the SDSU name in the poll now, because although our RPI today is pretty high, it will do nothing but drop the rest of the season. But now that we've gotten in and don't have a major meltdown in the next few weeks, this team should be able to stay in the poll and climb (probably slowly, but still climb) as the win total continues to add up during the season.

Because of our conference being poorly rated, I don't know how far the Jacks could climb in the poll even if they win most of the remaining games. Any thoughts?
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I was going through some of the voting. Looks like one of the AP Poll voters got us confused with the other SDSU.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/externa...name=ANTONELLI

Look at #25

Comment

She is a Basketball analyst for Westwood One. No excuse. Wished we had an e-mail address!

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                          I was going through some of the voting. Looks like one of the AP Poll voters got us confused with the other SDSU.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/externa...name=ANTONELLI

Look at #25
                          pfftt...what a joke.

Laziness sure makes people look stupid!
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            pfftt...what a joke.

Laziness sure makes people look stupid!
                            Not that I know for sure but she could have just put "SDSU" down in her ballot and the person who tallied the votes might have mis-interpreted it. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              Not that I know for sure but she could have just put "SDSU" down in her ballot and the person who tallied the votes might have mis-interpreted it. Just a thought.
                              The other SDSU has a Sagrins rating of 91 and a 7-3 record

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

Comment

Maybe she thought San Diego State's 7-3 record was worth a #25 spot

Comment

Working...
                                X