AP poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AP poll

Old timers will remember in the pre-three-pointer days when a kid from Hamlin came to SDSU and some predicted he might not be good enough. Everyone quickly learned you could lock Steve Brown in a closet in the Hanson Hall and he'd still make the shot.

Comment

Steve could always shoot the "3" (even though it only counted 2) but my favorite thing to watch him do was to go in amongst the trees and get an offensive rebound back up for 2.

Comment

I remember all those great games in hgih school when Hamlin played SV, Desmet etc. I still believe it was the most entertaining sports I have ever seen.

Comment

It's sure nice to be receiving votes in the poll don't you agree.....
          This thread has gone....

Comment

Updated: 12/01/2008 - 3:33 PM

December 01, 2008

Women's Top 25
            RANK TEAM RECORD PTS LAST
            1 Connecticut (45) 5-0 1125 1
            2 North Carolina 8-0 1073 2
            3 California 6-0 1009 3
            4 Stanford 6-1 973 5
            5 Texas A&M 6-0 868 8
            6 Oklahoma 4-2 845 4
            7 Tennessee 5-1 790 9
            8 Maryland 6-1 781 10
            9 Texas 7-0 748 11
            10 Baylor 5-1 677 6
            11 Notre Dame 5-0 669 14
            12 Duke 4-1 652 12
            13 Louisville 5-1 623 7
            14 Auburn 7-0 576 15
            15 Rutgers 2-2 536 13
            16 Vanderbilt 6-1 397 17
            17 Purdue 5-1 363 19
            18 Ohio St. 6-1 353 20
            19 Oklahoma St. 3-1 351 18
            20 Virginia 5-2 280 16
            21 Michigan St. 6-1 204 24
            22 TCU 6-1 129 22
            23 Xavier 5-2 128 25
            24 Pittsburgh 4-1 94 NR
            25 Arizona St. 3-2 68 21

Others receiving votes: Florida 47, Gonzaga 36, Old Dominion 36, Iowa St. 31, Kansas St. 29, Wisconsin 28, Boston College 21, Marist 16, S. Dakota St. 12, Georgia Tech 11, Arkansas 9, DePaul 8, New Mexico 8, Marquette 6, Coastal Carolina 4, Michigan 4, Bradley 3, Middle Tennessee 1, Minnesota 1, Utah 1, Wis.-Green Bay 1.

First-place votes in parentheses

WOW! Wisconsin gets more votes than us? Really? Maybe I'm a little not eve, but I think we should be right on the brink of cracking the top 25. We blew out Wisconson and Utah (both receiving votes), lost a close game to #8 Maryland without our regular starting point guard. Hopefully we will start getting more respect as the season goes on.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/rankings

Jacks receive 12 votes!!

Looks like Maryland moved up from #10 to #6 with their win over the Jacks, Montana and Illinois.

Also, noticed that Wisconsin is receiving more votes than SDSU at 28???

Wow...I say give us another shot to put a 20 point thumping on them. I guess when you beat a #6 Baylor team, it gets people's attention.

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Remember who is doing the voting, AP guys. Just think how many guys there are like Stu out there. Enough said. We know what we have going at SDSU, go ahead and let the rest of the world remain ignorant, advantage us.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree! I think this is crap but lets keep the rabbits a secret for a bit longer! That way March madness is a little more fun!
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I may be wrong, but aren't we receiving more votes this week than we did last week?

If so, not bad for a week you go 2-1.

Remember, respect isn't given, it's earned. And usually, the respect you get lags a bit behind the respect you deserve.

We're going the right direction . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This week's votes:
                      Dave Trimmer has us 22
                      Steve Tucker has us 24
                      Vicki Friedman has us 24
                      Chris Solari has us 25
                      Chuck Carlton has us 25
                      Stu Durando has us 25
                      Tony Bleill has us 25
                      To be ranked on 7 ballots is a big step from the one ballot we have been ranked on.

To check out who has a vote:
                      http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/s...n.html?SITE=AP
                      To see more in depth reports:
                      http://pollspeak.com/basketball.htm
                      Last edited by thebluehatman; 12-01-2008, 05:14 PM.

Comment

One of my favorites quotes of all time:

"If you have to tell people you are good, then you aren't that good."

Comment

Others receiving votes: Florida 47, Gonzaga 36, Old Dominion 36, Iowa St. 31, Kansas St. 29, Wisconsin 28, Boston College 21, Marist 16, S. Dakota St. 12, Georgia Tech 11, Arkansas 9, DePaul 8, New Mexico 8, Marquette 6, Coastal Carolina 4, Michigan 4, Bradley 3, Middle Tennessee 1, Minnesota 1, Utah 1, Wis.-Green Bay 1.

To crack the top 25, we need to knock somebody down above us. The ONLY team we have played that is in that category was Maryland. Jacks didn't win against them on a neutral court.

In bold are teams we are yet to play that could be how we build a strong base of top 50 that have lost to the Jacks. When you see teams with only 1 loss, and know that it was the Jacks that tagged them for the loss, then we'll be right at the cusp of cracking the top 25. But it would help if we beat Gonzaga, and Gophers, and not lose any other games.

The WBB is right there, and I'd love to see them in top 25 voting starting before conference, because once Jacks are playing in conference, everybody else in conference will be below the Jacks in RPI, and they will have no opportunity to advance higher.

Comment

We will continue to advance higher just based on record. If we are sitting at 12-1 we will be rated even if it is by default. When we finish the year with a record of 25-2 we will be rated around 18, I would bet on it!

We have played enough teams in enough states for them to start moving us up because that just helps there team feel like the were beat by a quality opponent!

Maryland respects us even before playing us their coach commented on this 2 years ago in DC tourney when he saw us play!
                            Last edited by tattoo; 12-01-2008, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Little respect is being shown to SDSU when Wisconsin, whom SDSU thumped by 20, is receving more votes in the AP then the Lady Jacks. I wonder how many teams in the AP poll have played the quality of teams that SDSU has thus far?

Comment

Its NKOTB syndrome. SDSU will get respect as the season rolls on.
                                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X