Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AP poll

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
    i know its early but Sagarin's has us at 29.

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm
    Agreeing with the early statement and the fact that computer ratings have their limitations, it is neat to see that after last nights victory, Sagarin has us at # 14

Comment

It hasn't been updated yet, but once the season is rolling this page compares all of the major womens basketball polls...

http://www.vaporia.com/sports/wcpage.html

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitears View Post
        It hasn't been updated yet, but once the season is rolling this page compares all of the major womens basketball polls...

http://www.vaporia.com/sports/wcpage.html
        This has been the best gage of who's selected or not selected for NCAA/WNIT

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
          Agreeing with the early statement and the fact that computer ratings have their limitations, it is neat to see that after last nights victory, Sagarin has us at # 14
          SDSU #14
          Maryland #17

I like the looks of that.

Goon
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

ESPN has the Jacks vs Oregon game as one of 15 games to watch this weekend.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...ame=ncwexperts

Comment

Originally posted by sf_jackster View Post
              ESPN has the Jacks vs Oregon game as one of 15 games to watch this weekend.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...ame=ncwexperts
              "The Jackrabbits beat Missouri and Wisconsin (and faced Utah late on Thursday) and look to add a Pac-10 victim to their list. The scary part is the Summit League team hasn't even shot the ball well or taken care of it -- two of its strengths."

Amen!

Although we did get a little bit better against Utah in those two departments.

Comment

Updated: 11/24/2008 - 2:01 PM

November 24, 2008

Women's Top 25
                RANK TEAM RECORD PTS LAST
                1 Connecticut (44) 3-0 1124 1
                2 North Carolina (1) 5-0 1070 4
                3 California 3-0 971 7
                4 Oklahoma 3-1 943 2
                5 Stanford 3-1 925 8
                6 Baylor 4-0 845 10
                7 Louisville 3-0 836 9
                8 Texas A&M 3-0 741 12
                9 Tennessee 2-1 716 5
                10 Maryland 3-1 704 11
                11 Texas 5-0 664 14
                12 Duke 3-1 626 6
                13 Rutgers 2-2 583 3
                14 Notre Dame 3-0 579 15
                15 Auburn 4-0 469 20
                16 Virginia 2-1 444 16
                17 Vanderbilt 4-1 352 13
                18 Oklahoma St. 2-1 318 19
                19 Purdue 3-0 303 21
                20 Ohio St. 3-1 258 17
                21 Arizona St. 2-1 257 18
                22 TCU 3-0 211 24
                23 Old Dominion 3-1 186 25
                24 Michigan St. 5-0 79 NR
                25 Iowa St. 3-0 67 NR
                25 Xavier 2-2 67 23

Others receiving votes: Marist 59, Pittsburgh 40, Marquette 30, Florida St. 29, Hartford 24, Kansas St. 18, LSU 18, Georgia Tech 15, Arkansas 9, DePaul 8, Syracuse 8, Georgia 6, Coastal Carolina 4, Michigan 4, S. Dakota St. 4, Florida 3, Gonzaga 3, Utah 3, Montana 2.

Comment

Thats great to see we got some votes, but I find it a tad disappointing that Utah only had one vote less than us after we beat them. I guess that's the way it goes. A win over Maryland would really open some eyes!
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The only way to crack the top 25 for the "no name, no rep" team is to be undefeated, and start taking down other top 25 teams.

IF Jacks come back from Cancun either 6-1 or 7-0, they will be noticed!

Comment

Seems to me that the peeps who are doing the most noticing of the Lady Jacks are the coaches of the teams we have thumped so far this year!!

Comment

Here's the voters this year:
                        http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/s...n.html?SITE=AP
                        You can check who's voting for who. Good to see Chris Solari on that list
                        Vicki Friedman and Solari are the two giving us votes.

Comment

It should be noted that the Jacks also play Montana in Cancun as well. Montana recieved honorable mention.

We also play Gonzaga in mid-December, they were also on the honorable mention list.

I worry about how this team shoots the three outside of Frost. I think they were 1-15 against Missouri. It will be interesting to see how they do this coming week in Cancun.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            I worry about how this team shoots the three outside of Frost.
                            Odd you should mention that. Earlier today I told a friend that you could put Jill Young on the sidewalk outside of Frost and she'd still make the basket.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              It should be noted that the Jacks also play Montana in Cancun as well. Montana recieved honorable mention.

We also play Gonzaga in mid-December, they were also on the honorable mention list.

I worry about how this team shoots the three outside of Frost. I think they were 1-15 against Missouri. It will be interesting to see how they do this coming week in Cancun.

That was without Jill.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                Odd you should mention that. Earlier today I told a friend that you could put Jill Young on the sidewalk outside of Frost and she'd still make the basket.
                                Agree wholeheartedly. She steps into the gym and she is in range. I would let her "Josh Mueller" it all day long. Well maybe, not quite that bad, I would want her more than two feet into the half court set.

About the rankings, we come out of this tourney smelling like a rose, and crack that Top 25. Pretty excited.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X