AP poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AP poll

too bad the women dont have a "bracket buster" like the men. how bout a marist vs sdsu in frost for a womans bracket buster. i think we could pack frost for a matchup like that.

Comment

Well i dont get Marist being at #20, if you look at the sagarins rating they are at 38 with a schedule difficulty of 220. While we are at 19 with a schedule difficulty of 76. I just don't understand the voters.

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        too bad the women dont have a "bracket buster" like the men. how bout a marist vs sdsu in frost for a womans bracket buster. i think we could pack frost for a matchup like that.

Good idea, MR... We've already had "bracket busters" on the road (Minnesota, Gonzaga, etc.).... and at home (Utah, Wisconsin, Oregon) ...seems like we won them all.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
          Well i dont get Marist being at #20, if you look at the sagarins rating they are at 38 with a schedule difficulty of 220. While we are at 19 with a schedule difficulty of 76. I just don't understand the voters.

so often, in every sport, the polls have a lot to do with your past history. marist proved themselves last year so i guess they are getting more lovin than us.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            so often, in every sport, the polls have a lot to do with your past history. marist proved themselves last year so i guess they are getting more lovin than us.
            A 13 game winning streak catches voters eyes also.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post

Marist is probably getting the benefit from previous years when they've won a game or two in the NCAA tournament. Voting on past years' performances rather than strictly on this year's team on the court. Happens all the time.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

One this is for certain, UCONN is 20 pts better than anybody in the country! So we need to avoid their bracket! They are unreal!

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                  One this is for certain, UCONN is 20 pts better than anybody in the country! So we need to avoid their bracket! They are unreal!
                  WAY ahead, but I wouldn't mind a 2nd shot at Maryland in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Comment

If we focus on playing good baketball first, everything else will come naturally.As i've said before, if the jacks play thier very, very best ball, they are capable of beating anyone, that includes Conn.
                    Hope we do play Conn. , that would mean we've made it to the final four.
                    I'm sure we could do better against Conn. than the lady tar heels did.(30 pt loss)
                    UConn forced 18 to's & had 9 steals.They must play an incredibly(sp) intense defense & must be exceptionaly quick, because NC isn't exactly a pushover either.
                    Thier shooting stats weren't that great , moore was only 8-21,as a team , 47% fg , 33% 3 pt.
                    Thier steals & forcing 18 to's was the diff. in that game.
                    Last edited by shinman; 01-20-2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                      I don't think we'd meet UConn until the 3rd round anyway. We're too good to be in a #1 seed bracket. We should be in the regional #2 bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                        I don't think we'd meet UConn until the 3rd round anyway. We're too good to be in a #1 seed bracket. We should be in the regional #2 bracket.
                        Im not clear what you mean by being "to good to be in the #1 bracket" because the 4 and the 5 seeds are on the side with the 1 seed. (See below). The bottomline is any coach that has to deal with seeding (including me) will tell you they want to get as high a seed as you can for the first round because that gives you a better shot at winning the first game and possibly a lower ranked team in the second round then you would have with a higher seed.

1 v. 16
                        8 v. 9
                        5 v. 12
                        4 v. 13

6 v 11
                        3 v. 14
                        7 v 10
                        2 v. 15

Comment

There's a very good chance that if we win the 1st round, that the 2nd round game would be against a 1 or 2 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                            There's a very good chance that if we win the 1st round, that the 2nd round game would be against a 1 or 2 seed.
                            If we stay a 7, 8, 9, or 10 seed, absolutely. Jacks win out, and especially if the OOC teams that we beat are selected, we could potentially get seeded 6 or above. But key to 6 or better seed is to win out.

Remember our RPI is sinking with every Summit game we play. The only way to stay buoyed up is the success of our OOC wins. Oakland and Jacks were the only two Summit teams to tackle a relatively tough OOC schedule this year. Oakland didn't win their sub 100 RPI match ups. Jacks did.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                              Not if we can get a 5 or 6 seed. YES WE CAN!

Comment

Both Okla State(#23) and New Mexico (#22) lost last night. Should open up the top 25 next week if we take care of business against NDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X