Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AP poll

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    So they actually corrected the error? Yee HAW!
    I received a very nice email from Dave Trimmer, who thanked me for noting the discrepancy, and saying he had contacted AP and they would correct it. Said it was the first time he had not spelled out South Dakota State, because he was typing in a hurry so he could watch the Super Bowl! He wished the Jacks well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      I received a very nice email from Dave Trimmer, who thanked me for noting the discrepancy, and saying he had contacted AP and they would correct it. Said it was the first time he had not spelled out South Dakota State, because he was typing in a hurry so he could watch the Super Bowl! He wished the Jacks well.

Nice work Jacks#1!! Rep points to you!

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

There was some double teaming going on here, which is good in sport and in life. In the future, if any of you flag anything about the poll, I have email contact with AP's sports editor, Terry Taylor. I emailed her after noticing other posts on the board. Terry has a reputation for hard work and she is a stickler for accuracy, even by AP's standards, so it wasn't a surprise they corrected as soon as it was pointed out.
        Last edited by NoVaJack; 02-04-2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Can't see the sports poll at work, but can get to the AP pollsters.

Week 14 numbers - Jacks with 149 votes, and on 40 of 46 ballots.

Chris Solari - Terry's predecessor - has us as high as 17th. (TN is 16th on his ballot)

Utah is starting to get votes as they're on a 12-game win streak and lead the MWC with a perfect 9-0 record.

Jacks are getting well entreanched to the top 25, as long as we keep winning!

Comment

#23 this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre_Jacks_Fan View Post
              #23 this week.
              Great up a position! Did I have the vote total right? If so, then Jacks picked up about 15 votes.

Comment

Jacks have beaten three teams receiving votes in the AP Poll: Gonzaga, Utah and Minnesota. http://www.cbssports.com/ncaawbasketball/polls/ap#

Comment

Great up a position! Did I have the vote total right? If so, then Jacks picked up about 15 votes.
                  Close 150!

Comment

• New AP Poll

We gained 50 pts and moved up a spot

1. Connecticut (45) 25-0 1125
                    2. Oklahoma 22-2 1080
                    3. Auburn 25-1 999
                    4. Stanford 20-4 979
                    5. Baylor 21-3 942
                    6. California 20-3 865
                    7. Duke 20-3 800
                    8. Louisville 23-3 794
                    9. Maryland 21-4 787
                    10. North Carolina 22-4 785
                    11. Florida State 21-5 665
                    12. Texas 19-5 652
                    13. Tennessee 18-6 538
                    14. Texas A&M 19-5 505
                    15. Florida 22-4 497
                    16. Kansas State 20-3 408
                    17. Xavier 22-4 345
                    18. Vanderbilt 20-6 293
                    19. Pittsburgh 18-5 281
                    20. Ohio State 20-5 276
                    21. Iowa State 18-6 263
                    22. South Dakota State 24-2 200
                    23. Virginia 19-7 169
                    24. Notre Dame 17-6 130
                    25. Arizona State 19-6 76
                    OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES
                    Middle Tennessee State 62, Bowling Green 26, Michigan State 26, Villanova 23, DePaul 14, Virginia Commonwealth 7, Gonzaga 6, Wisconsin-Green Bay 4, Marist 2, Utah 1,

Comment

Jacks move up to #22 in the AP poll and I see Iowa State lost yesterday to Texas at Iowa State. Maybe another chance to slid up a couple of more spots?

GBGBGJ

Comment

Moving up any higher than #22 will be tough. I am not trying to rain on our parade, but the fact of the matter is that we have zero wins against the top 25, and only one win against a team getting votes (Gonzaga). I'm hoping we can move up, but I don't know if it will happen.

Comment

Utah received a single, 25th place on someone's ballot.

RPI wise, and certainly SOS we topped out back in mid Dec. 08. However, we still have either 3 or 4 wins over top 50 members, and we are winning by margins reflective of the differences in abilities.

The fact that Jacks are not playing top 25 teams each nite is reflective of the league, not the Jacks talent. I just hope that they can show the kind of dominance while dancing that they have in EVERY GAME save the Oakland Game. I think a win in the first round would REALLY bolster their chances in subsequent rounds.

Savor this guys and gals, because this is an AMAZING start to eligibility!

Comment

Utah received a single, 25th place on someone's ballot.

RPI wise, and certainly SOS we topped out back in mid Dec. 08. However, we still have either 3 or 4 wins over top 50 members, and we are winning by margins reflective of the differences in abilities.

The fact that Jacks are not playing top 25 teams each nite is reflective of the league, not the Jacks talent. I just hope that they can show the kind of dominance while dancing that they have in EVERY GAME save the Oakland Game. I think a win in the first round would REALLY bolster their chances in subsequent rounds.

Savor this guys and gals, because this is an AMAZING start to eligibility!
                            Here is one very vivid measure of how much status the Jackarabbit women have brought to the Summit. The men's Summit league R.P.I. is 26th. The women's is 21st. Almost all of the differential is attributable to the Jack women.

Comment

UConn wins by "only" ten points, making people believe they could beat them, big mistake appearing beatable, games might get tougher for them now.We'll wait & see if they can go undefeated the rest of the way now.
                              Iowa State loses again , to unranked Kansas, at #21 , they don't have too much room to fall.And, there's all tose teams waiting at the door for someone to falter , so they can get in.

Comment

Jacks move up one spot. Or is this still old?

AP Top 25 1.Connecticut (44) 27-0 1100 2.Oklahoma24-2 1056 3.Stanford22-4 996 4.California22-3 897 5.Maryland23-4 877 6.Baylor21-4 859 7.Auburn26-2 848 8.Louisville25-3 834 9.North Carolina23-4 777 10.Duke22-4 714 11.Florida State23-5 681 12.Texas A&M20-5 623 13.Xavier24-4 487 14.Ohio State22-5 478 15.Pittsburgh20-5 443 16.Texas19-7 389 17.Florida23-5 373 18.Tennessee19-8 301 19.Vanderbilt21-7 297 20.Kansas State21-4 257 21.South Dakota State26-2 255 22.Virginia21-7 223 23.Notre Dame18-7 174 24.Arizona State20-6 157 25.Iowa State19-7 94 OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES
                                Bowling Green 43, DePaul 28, Middle Tennessee State 10, Purdue 8, Virginia Commonwealth 7, Wisconsin-Green Bay 6, Marist 4, LSU 2, Utah 2, Complete Rankings
                                ESPN/USA Today Poll No rankings available

Comment

Working...
                                X