AP poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AP poll

Again I say congratulations to your womens basketball team. They have done an outstanding job thus far, and I see no reason now they can't run the table on the league. They have beaten quality opponents in the non-conference portion of their schedule and deserve the recognition they are getting.

As a fan (of sports) looking in, I understand the excitement and hype associated with the rankings, and the hope and desire to move up in the polls, that is just plain fun. But I would caution you not to put to many eggs in one basket about polls at this point in the season. In some respects, as fan base expectations climb, that puts a certain amount of self imposed pressure on your team. Don't get me wrong, and annialate me because I am a Coyote fan, but have realistic expectations as they wind down their season and head for post season play. I would hate to see them get all nerved up (enough of that will happen anyway without undue pressure from the outside) and not play like they have thus far.

It is exciting for your university, it's exciting for the game of womens basketball, it's exciting for the state of South Dakota. This really is good stuff. What to me would be more exciting would be for them to get a relatively low seed and have the opportunity to advance 1-3 rounds. That would be dynamite.

Best wishes to the Lady Jacks basketball team.

Comment

to yoteforever, thanks for your comments, very gracious of you to wish the jacks well. Been following your teams also, go get that first div1 win, maybe against North Carolina?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        Again I say congratulations to your womens basketball team. They have done an outstanding job thus far, and I see no reason now they can't run the table on the league. They have beaten quality opponents in the non-conference portion of their schedule and deserve the recognition they are getting.

As a fan (of sports) looking in, I understand the excitement and hype associated with the rankings, and the hope and desire to move up in the polls, that is just plain fun. But I would caution you not to put to many eggs in one basket about polls at this point in the season. In some respects, as fan base expectations climb, that puts a certain amount of self imposed pressure on your team. Don't get me wrong, and annialate me because I am a Coyote fan, but have realistic expectations as they wind down their season and head for post season play. I would hate to see them get all nerved up (enough of that will happen anyway without undue pressure from the outside) and not play like they have thus far.

It is exciting for your university, it's exciting for the game of womens basketball, it's exciting for the state of South Dakota. This really is good stuff. What to me would be more exciting would be for them to get a relatively low seed and have the opportunity to advance 1-3 rounds. That would be dynamite.

Thanks for your concern and advice.

Good luck to the Coyote men and women in the independent tournament this year.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Yo! Yoteforever. Thanks for the cautionary note, concern, congratulations... Kinda reminiscent of all those times Eddie Haskell said, "My, you look nice today, Mrs. Cleaver."

Comment

who?
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
              who?

Best wishes to the Jackrabbit Women's basketball team.
              There, I fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksbacker View Post
                Yo! Yoteforever. Thanks for the cautionary note, concern, congratulations... Kinda reminiscent of all those times Eddie Haskell said, "My, you look nice today, Mrs. Cleaver."
                That post by YF made me think of a Bonnie Raitt song.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

[quote=yoteforever;104326]It is exciting for your university, it's exciting for the game of womens basketball, it's exciting for the state of South Dakota. This really is good stuff. What to me would be more exciting would be for them to get a relatively low seed and have the opportunity to advance 1-3 rounds. That would be dynamite.

Why not do both, finish in the top 15 or 20 and win a few games in the tourney.

Comment

Upto 26 in the AP.

Comment

[quote=minnesotarabbit;104344]

Why not do both, finish in the top 15 or 20 and win a few games in the tourney.
                      It's what I meant. Win some games and go as deep in the tourney as possible. In regards to saying Lady Jacks, that was not meant as disrespect, I have heard fans of your school call them that. If it is wrong, I take it back.

In regards to Jackmd's post about Eddie Haskell, I understand where you are coming from, but what I said I mean. I never did think June Cleaver was very good looking anyway.

If you look at the Coyote board, you will see a taming down of the harsh words. Maybe that is a good thing long term.

I am smoking the "peace" pipe. Anybody want a drag?

Comment

[QUOTE=yoteforever;104346]
                        Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post

It's what I meant. Win some games and go as deep in the tourney as possible. In regards to saying Lady Jacks, that was not meant as disrespect, I have heard fans of your school call them that. If it is wrong, I take it back.

In regards to Jackmd's post about Eddie Haskell, I understand where you are coming from, but what I said I mean. I never did think June Cleaver was very good looking anyway.

If you look at the Coyote board, you will see a taming down of the harsh words. Maybe that is a good thing long term.

I am smoking the "peace" pipe. Anybody want a drag?
                        I've tamed down the rhetoric quite a bit. I didn't make the Eddie Haskell comment, I don't doubt that you are being sincere it just seems like you are trying to toss us a few crumbs. Maybe its the tone with which in interpreted the post. These last 2 losses for the men's team hurt badly and have left me a little jaded. Its hard for a team and its fans, struggling to find its identity and win close games on the road.

As for the women, they are an amazing team and as long as they continue to approach things on a game-to-game basis they'll be tough for any team to beat. I just blocked by schedule for the 9th and 10th of March so I can be in Sioux Falls for the afternoon semifinal and championship games. I hope to be watching the Jackrabbits.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am smoking the "peace" pipe.

Well, that might explain some things...

All that 'nice talk' about SDSU's WBB looks pretty forced to me. A guy should learn to be honest with himself and be able to say what he's really thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
                            Well, that might explain some things...

All that 'nice talk' about SDSU's WBB looks pretty forced to me. A guy should learn to be honest with himself and be able to say what he's really thinking.

You dang Bison fans always stirring the pot...no, not that pot.

Thanks for the comment yoteforever, except for CF it has been pretty tame around here. It really helps me achieve my new years resolution of no U. talk!

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

[quote=jackmd;104353]

I've tamed down the rhetoric quite a bit. I didn't make the Eddie Haskell comment, I don't doubt that you are being sincere it just seems like you are trying to toss us a few crumbs. Maybe its the tone with which in interpreted the post. These last 2 losses for the men's team hurt badly and have left me a little jaded. Its hard for a team and its fans, struggling to find its identity and win close games on the road.

As for the women, they are an amazing team and as long as they continue to approach things on a game-to-game basis they'll be tough for any team to beat. I just blocked by schedule for the 9th and 10th of March so I can be in Sioux Falls for the afternoon semifinal and championship games. I hope to be watching the Jackrabbits.
                              I went back and reread the post, and you were quoting Jacksbacker when he made the Eddie Haskell comment. I have made the resolution to try and bring some civility to the SDSU/USD thing. Obviously, both you and I have gone after each other in the past, and when you sit back and examine it all, it makes no sense. I have said it before, and I will say it again, I am not a Jackrabbit hater. We have some Yote fans that are, and obviously by the postings on this website, you have some rabid Coyote haters as well.

Regarding your mens team, I am not sure what is lacking. Although Iowa State isn't that good, that was a huge win for SDSU. That should have bouyed their confidence level. Something is lacking. The talent isn't that bad in my opinion, and Nagy coached a good game at ISU. Anyway, it's no fun to lose, and it would be fun to get some wins. I understand that.

Lastly, regarding my tone, I am sincere in wishing your womens basketball team much success. That's about all I can say.

Comment

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...women-poll.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X