This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Mandy's niece ? She must be a special player to draw an offer as an incoming freshman.
    Yes. Mandy is an assistant coach for Wagner’s team these days as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Jacks offer Ashlyn Koupal, Class of "26 from Wagner. Looks to be her first offer. http://www.twitter.com/AshlynKoupal/...92009708220416
      State Class A HJ Champ - serious vertical lift is another reason to offer her early ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post

State Class A HJ Champ - serious vertical lift is another reason to offer her early ​​​​​​
        She won it as a 7th grader too. Very good athlete that's going to be fun to watch develop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post

She won it as a 7th grader too. Very good athlete that's going to be fun to watch develop.
          Her aunt {Mandy}jumped 5'8" , Ashlyn was quoted as saying she wants to top that I read, she's dang close now. What's the SD record, 5'10" ? I think I come accross that somewhere, but I'm not sure about that height.

Comment

• Just as a change of thought for a moment, while waiting for our new commit to reveal herself to the public and Jackrabbit Nation, I ran across this nice little podcast on Dru, which I enjoyed listening to and you may also, which those who are interested can listen to at your own leisure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricgraeber View Post
              Walker Demmers out of Grafton ND, committed to USD last week. 6’3” junior graduating early so she can play next year. Number 2 in the state. Don’t know if AJ had recruited her or not, but with DP leaving maybe someone to look at.
              She is now listed on the 22-23 USD roster on their website. Only she isn't listed at 6'3" anymore but is listed at 6'0". I guess she shrunk..

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

She is now listed on the 22-23 USD roster on their website. Only she isn't listed at 6'3" anymore but is listed at 6'0". I guess she shrunk..
                haha! yep i saw that too steel. maybe a few inches does not seem like a lot but in this world that is a very significant difference!!

i check the roster from time to time and i guess players shrinking was or is not the biggest surprise.

i REALLY thought the new coach, who i think is supposed to be kind of a recruiting expert, would bring in a juco or two. so far NOTHING

i mean they could still add someone, but the thought would be to get them on campus as early as possible and to have them part of the summer program. i think they might be doing a foriegn tour??? obviously you would want to have the whole team together for that for building chemistry, starting to figure out roles, and lots of reasons

but it seems like they might be planning to hit this season with the returning players and incoming freshman??? they definitely have some talent and maybe some girls will show a totally different level of game with a new coaching staff and new opportunities?? but it really appears that they are going to have a pretty steep dropoff in talent

if the rest of the league was not also losing significant talent, i think they would have been very vulnerable to falling out of the top 2

Comment

• Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Just as a change of thought for a moment, while waiting for our new commit to reveal herself to the public and Jackrabbit Nation, I ran across this nice little podcast on Dru, which I enjoyed listening to and you may also, which those who are interested can listen to at your own leisure.
                  Dru Gylten named Rapid City College Female Athlete of the Year
                  https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/ra...4d8852c54.html

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Going to be hard for any player who is really a high school senior to contribute at the college level. And especially for post players, who seem on the average to take longer to adapt compared to guards and wing players.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post

Dru Gylten named Rapid City College Female Athlete of the Year
                      https://rapidcityjournal.com/news/ra...4d8852c54.html
                      Well deserved award, congrats to Dru.

Comment

• I listened to the Utah Ute’s podcast (“What Ute Need to Know”) featuring Dru on my drive to (of all places) Vermillion today. A few of the things they mentioned really illustrated how fortunate we are to have her joining the team. I was not aware of just how good she was until she signed. Big time player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          I listened to the Utah Ute’s podcast (“What Ute Need to Know”) featuring Dru on my drive to (of all places) Vermillion today. A few of the things they mentioned really illustrated how fortunate we are to have her joining the team. I was not aware of just how good she was until she signed. Big time player.
                          I was aware of her playing at Utah, but because she wasn't a Jack, same as Alexys Swedland at Wash St, yet another St Thomas More product, I didn't follow too closely. To be a starter for a team in the Pac 12, I suspect you have to be a pretty good player for sure. We seemed to have to play the best of the Pac-12 in our encounters with them in the NCAA Tournament, particularly Stanford and especially Oregon, with Ionescu, Sabally sisters, and Ruthy Hebard,Erin Boley ( ND transfer}, etc .Probably the best team they've had in recent seasons, jmo. Of course we lost in the heart breaker to Stanford in 2016 to keep us out of a sweet 16. Just rambling on , so guess I'll leave it at that.

Comment

• Busy day for USD as they offer:

Ashlyn Koupal - 2026 Wagner, SD

Maggie Taylor - 2024 Hill City, SD

Melina Snoozy - 2027 North Sioux City, SD

Comment

• Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                              Busy day for USD as they offer:

Ashlyn Koupal - 2026 Wagner, SD

Maggie Taylor - 2024 Hill City, SD

Melina Snoozy - 2027 North Sioux City, SD
                              Looks like they have a camp going on.

Comment

• 2026 and 2027 are pretty far out, I guess you can make an offer, but are they going to realistically make a decision at that young of an age? I think it's OK as far as a nice introduction saying "hey, we like you" and getting in their good graces. That's probably the idea behind that I'd assume. Congrats to them, take it as a compliment I guess, a nice gesture, but they won't make a decision until they get more offers around their junior season is the norm. Recruiting is getting way more strategic now days it seems. Maybe it was at a camp they were offered too, as suggested, personally getting to know people isn't a bad thing, especially when you will give yourself over to play for that person for 4 years or longer. You have to have trust that that coach will do his/her best to make you better both as a person and athletically.

Comment

Working...
                                X