This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goon View Post

Hopefully all the bench stays, Byom seems to be able to drop in some baskets and seems good enough on defense. Neshiem can defend and rebound like crazy, but not much for offense. MV has the shot, and after what she went through last season, thats hard to mentally be prepared. The only problem is that it seems she didnt get the athletic ability that the rest of her family had. good shooter for sure. I dont want to sound harsh, she is a solid basketball player, but others are faster, quicker, stronger etc then she is. Jill Young was not overly fast, but played effectively at her pace and obviously was a great shot.

Back to Byom, i am surprised she didnt get more minutes as the 3rd post option. Even if close games or when worried about foul trouble she could easily eat up several minutes at a time, give the starters a break or if they get some cheap fouls. Plus her length makes it hard for teams to defender her compared to Burkhard.

Also agree, if Neshiem could knock in a three on occasion she could potentially get more PT as well. She seems to do really we on defense and rebouding, so adding a shot and slashing to the hoop could help her get some more minutes.

MV would need to get to knocking down a lot of shots to get more minutes I think. Almost like Wingett on the mens team. They both get lost on defense way to much, both can shoot the 3 and neither are athletic enough to make of the difference when they are on the court.
    I have to admit knowing what an ATHLETIC FREAK her brother was, i do find myself always thinking that she will be more athletic than she appears. Jared was really a savage!! but yes i think if Mady can shoot like she did the first year then there are probably some minutes for her

you know i was thinking if the biology department could like Frankenstein those 3, i think we could have probably a first team all conference type)) take Mesa height, length, and athleticism combine it with Regan tenacity and rebounding and Mady's shooting and boy howdy you would have yourself a player))) haha

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I have to admit knowing what an ATHLETIC FREAK her brother was, i do find myself always thinking that she will be more athletic than she appears. Jared was really a savage!! but yes i think if Mady can shoot like she did the first year then there are probably some minutes for her

you know i was thinking if the biology department could like Frankenstein those 3, i think we could have probably a first team all conference type)) take Mesa height, length, and athleticism combine it with Regan tenacity and rebounding and Mady's shooting and boy howdy you would have yourself a player))) haha
      From people I know who knew her dad and family, and I thought her brother was track and good athlete were always impressed, but they mentioned she didnt get the athletic ability like Jared had and her dad. But if you can shoot and play good enough D, you will play. She seems lost on defense to much when she did play.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Another "Great Day to be a Jackrabbit" tweet from AJ. Still have yet to find out if the South Dakota picture means the recruit is from SD as the last several recruits have been in state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
          Another "Great Day to be a Jackrabbit" tweet from AJ. Still have yet to find out if the South Dakota picture means the recruit is from SD as the last several recruits have been in state.
          I would guess that is a generic image. Excited to see who it is!

Comment

Another "Great Day to be a Jackrabbit" tweet from AJ. Still have yet to find out if the South Dakota picture means the recruit is from SD as the last several recruits have been in state.
            I kind of feel like it Claire Sheppard time.

Comment

• According to her Twitter, 2025 McKenna Johnson was visiting SDSU yesterday. She is a 6'2 post from Mandan, ND and also plays for North Tartan. NDSU was first to offer in March.

Comment

• Not that this means anything, but McKenna Johnson was on campus yesterday visiting on an unofficial visit. She is from Mandan, ND. 6'-2" and class of 2025.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

I kind of feel like it Claire Sheppard time.
                  I agree with this. I have talked to a few people in Flandreau, one said she was going to take her time and not make a commitment right away (this was a couple years ago), and another said there was a really good chance she ended up at SDSU. It seems like girls typically make their decisions earlier than the guys, and with the classes filling up it seems like this could very well be Claire committing. I also just noticed she liked AJ's tweet. Could be a nice little bow on arguably one of the deepest classes on paper in program history.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                    Not that this means anything, but McKenna Johnson was on campus yesterday visiting on an unofficial visit. She is from Mandan, ND. 6'-2" and class of 2025.
                    Getting another player from ND like Tylie Irwin would be too great for us, first 2025? Not comparing Tylee to McKenna, except by both around same height. As always, whomever it is, I know she'll be a great player, cause that's what AJ and staff does, recruit great players, hoot hoot !! Oh, I'd take Claire in a heart beat too if it's her. It's always a fun time hearing those words from AJ " It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit".

Comment

• Jacks offer Ashlyn Koupal, Class of "26 from Wagner. Looks to be her first offer. http://www.twitter.com/AshlynKoupal/...92009708220416

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Jacks offer Ashlyn Koupal, Class of "26 from Wagner. Looks to be her first offer. http://www.twitter.com/AshlynKoupal/...92009708220416
                        Wasn’t sure what the relationship would be like between AJ and the Koupal family but glad to see we have offered. Would be fun to see her in yellow and blue.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

Wasn’t sure what the relationship would be like between AJ and the Koupal family but glad to see we have offered. Would be fun to see her in yellow and blue.
                          Mandy's niece ? She must be a special player to draw an offer as an incoming freshman.

Comment

• Not the conclusion to "It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit" but great news as it's a very important first step in the process, always . Congrats to Ashlyn. They all work so hard to get these opportunities.

Comment

• Taking a break from the recruiting talk, I watched the SDSU episode of benchwarmers on Midco. Tom Nieman made reference to Paige Meyer returning from injury next year and Matt Zimmer never really corrected him or brought up the possibility of her red shirting. Is this really a possibility? I had it as almost a foregone conclusion that she was going to redshirt next year. It took Mya into January until she really started looking like herself last year and I think it was mentioned on here that their injuries were similar. I just can't see her coming back halfway through the year just to be a backup point guard, and I can't see Dru not starting. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment

Taking a break from the recruiting talk, I watched the SDSU episode of benchwarmers on Midco. Tom Nieman made reference to Paige Meyer returning from injury next year and Matt Zimmer never really corrected him or brought up the possibility of her red shirting. Is this really a possibility? I had it as almost a foregone conclusion that she was going to redshirt next year. It took Mya into January until she really started looking like herself last year and I think it was mentioned on here that their injuries were similar. I just can't see her coming back halfway through the year just to be a backup point guard, and I can't see Dru not starting. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
                                Every player has a different timetable in their recovery. Myah also had the shoulder injury just after she came back. Paige may or may not be interested in a redshirt season. Not everyone wants to attend school for an extra year.

Comment

Working...
                                X