This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    Seems to be a big drift accumulating for July.
    Snow Belt Conference reference?

Comment

• Originally posted by Justwin View Post
      Seems to be a big drift accumulating for July.
      It seems that the WBB & Snow Belt FB are connected!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post

It seems that the WBB & Snow Belt FB are connected!
        Who woulda thunk

Comment

• Conference realignment has direct roster consequences in WBB and FB = all sports.

Justin Sell quoted in an ARGUS-LEADER article, regarding realignment (paywall):

"​​​​​​Hopefully, you're in a spot where you're playing with schools with similar goals like enrollments, other measuring pieces, good competition, and the Summit League has provided that for us,” Sell said. “I'm trying to make sure we're really good at what we do, and then you’ve got your plan A and your plan B and your C as you work through that. I say often patience is a choice, and it's really difficult to be patient these days. Everyone wants to chase something or wants to get into something or wants to move to something, and I think you have to be really careful. You can make some mistakes doing that.”

My un-informed call on a conference destination is the Mountain West, based on McFeeley's reporting (see post #1104 in this thread).
          The Athletic's David Ubben reports their current $6.6 million/year payout - an improvement, no?

(paywall) https://theathletic.com/4751759/2023...ampaign=601983

"​​​​​​
          How does this all end? I think football ends up in its own entity, separate from other varsity sports at each school, playing in its own tournament and abiding by its own rules. It’ll still make gobs of money, but it will feel more hollow."

Above is quoted from THE PULSE daily sports newsletter.

​​​​​​One former network executive said “the TV money is like the gasoline that feeds the engine here” and, ominously, “the gas is getting very scarce.”

“The problem is not everybody’s going to get paid, and this is what we saw with the Pac-12,” the executive said. “That’s the next thing everybody’s going to have to face, whether it’s football or basketball or whatever: If you’ve got a bunch of weaklings you’ve been dragging along in your conference, at what point do you start eating your young?”

Another applicable quote from The Athletic....
          Last edited by GrandpaLee; 08-16-2023, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• AJ has posted the " Great Day to be a Jackrabbit " picture of him and Jack standing on the state of South Dakota on Twitter. In the past this has indicated an in-state commit. Anyone have any info or guesses ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              AJ has posted the " Great Day to be a Jackrabbit " picture of him and Jack standing on the state of South Dakota on Twitter. In the past this has indicated an in-state commit. Anyone have any info or guesses ?
              The only two in-state offers i know of are Brinley Altenburg '27 from SF Jefferson and Melina Snoozy '27 from Dakota Valley

Seems a little early for them to be committing. My hope is Hadley Thul '25 from Alexandria, MN or McKenna Johnson '25 from Mandan, ND

Comment

• Any chance its a late addition for this year yet?

Comment

• Koupal?

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                    Koupal?
                    You’re right I forgot about her, but I’m not holding my breath

Comment

• Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                      Any chance its a late addition for this year yet?
                      With the Timmer injury, a grad transfer type player that you could plug in and play would be ideal. Probably not many of those left at this point though.

Comment

• Last year there was a DSU standout who finished at Milwaukee.... maybe there's a similar grad student type scenario out there.. but agreed highly unlikely.

Comment

• Any word on who the new commit is?

Comment

• Brooklynn Felchle

6'3 post from Bismarck, ND

http://twitter.com/BrooklynnGFel/sta...31928872394825

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                              Brooklynn Felchle

6'3 post from Bismarck, ND

http://twitter.com/BrooklynnGFel/sta...31928872394825
                              A great edition to the team in '25. I don't have to remind anyone how good our last recruit turned out from up North. Brooklynn seems to come from the same mold, #1 ranked player in ND for the class of 2025. Welcome to the Jackrabbit family Brooklynn, our first recruit for the class of '25 !

Comment

• Now it would be nice to get the #2 ranked player in 2025 class in ND (McKenna Johnson) 6'2 forward from Mandan who also has an SDSU offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X