This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I saw she recently visited the Gophers and was at the Iowa/Ohio State game this past weekend. I just question what position she will play in the Big 10/SEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

Brooklynn Felchle is the commit you are referring to. I believe she is our only verbal commit beyond the class of '24
      Saw a video of one of her games a few weeks ago but couldn't remember her name.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        Vasecka and Sheppard square off on night one in the late game in Brookings.
        Emily Fox plays in the first game of the 'A' Tournament, the time is 12 PM The games should be on SDPB (South Dakota Public Broadcasting)

It's good we are finally getting into beyond '24 territory for recruiting + Felche a '25 recruit. I'm the little kid in the candy store until it's finally announced (our new recruit), being we've had such great success over the years getting very good players here.Anyone we offer it seems are very good players , and I will be looking forward to watching them play in yellow and blue.The future remains bright. GB,GB, GJ's

Comment

I saw she recently visited the Gophers and was at the Iowa/Ohio State game this past weekend. I just question what position she will play in the Big 10/SEC.
          I got confused who was the subject, consequently, I'm editing my original post about an offer to Indiana, I was referring to Ashlyn Koupal getting the offer in that one.

Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-07-2024, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• AJ with another "It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit" tweet last night. Not sure who it is but fun way to enter the tournament weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Looked back at the Class of 2025 thread and it showed 3 offers - 6'2 Hadley Thul from Alexandria MN , 6'2 McKenna Johnson from Mandan,ND and 5'11 Libby Fandel from Cedar Rapids, IA. The last post there was in June, so things certainly could have changed since then.
              I see McKenna Johnson liked AJ's tweet (fingers crossed). I really like Hadley Thul, but I wonder if she is out of reach now as I see she is starting to get Big 10 offers.

Comment

I see McKenna Johnson liked AJ's tweet (fingers crossed). I really like Hadley Thul, but I wonder if she is out of reach now as I see she is starting to get Big 10 offers.
                The early word on Thul is she committed to Northwestern University. There is also a McKenna Johnson from Wisconsin who graduated early and joined the Gophers. I am not certain if that is the same Johnson.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post

The early word on Thul is she committed to Northwestern University. There is also a McKenna Johnson from Wisconsin who graduated early and joined the Gophers. I am not certain if that is the same Johnson.
                  The Mckenna Johnson I am referring to is from Mandan ND.

Comment

The Mckenna Johnson I am referring to is from Mandan ND.
                    I found her. She played AAU in Minnesota. 2025 6'2" PF/C who may be on X as Kenna Johnson and an offer from Jory Collins. She would be another shot blocker.

https://twitter.com/kennajohnsss?lang=en
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I typed in McKenna Johnson basketball in a search, must of clicked on the same one as you did, but then I saw she was from Wisc and I was looking for the one from Mandan ND. Very rare both first and last names are exactly the same, except Johnson is a pretty common last name.

Comment

I found her. She played AAU in Minnesota. 2025 6'2" PF/C who may be on X as Kenna Johnson and an offer from Jory Collins. She would be another shot blocker.

https://twitter.com/kennajohnsss?lang=en
                        Looks like she would be cut form the Mesa Byom mold.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

I typed in McKenna Johnson basketball in a search, must of clicked on the same one as you did, but then I saw she was from Wisc and I was looking for the one from Mandan ND. Very rare both first and last names are exactly the same, except Johnson is a pretty common last name.
                          It is ONLY ONE game, but I did see the Mandan McKenna Johnson play one game. saw her against Minot and their couple of top recruits. she is VERY and i mean VERY slender, maybe that is what Jackrabbit2012 means with his comparison to Mesa??

I was impressed. I felt like she went toe to toe with the Bell girl from Minot, who has a much more college ready build. like i said, it was only one game, but the shot blocking made me think of Clarissa Ober. she looks like a versatile defender that could be compared to Tori Nelson, but I saw no evidence that she is going to be stepping outside on the offensive end of the floor

Comment

• i did not realize that Fox and her MVP team beat Wagner by 20 on their path to the state tourney. I know Wagner lost plenty from last year, but i did not think the roster was completely bare beyond Koupal. dont know that much about the MVP team and dont mean to disrespect any of their players at all!! not surprised by MVP winning, just surprised by the margin

Comment

• Fox is a terrific player.

Comment

• looks like Wagner was very good this year they beat both SF Christian and Centerville (each with only 2 losses i believe) they have Ashlyn's older sister and they also have another pair of sisters who are both over 6 feet tall

Wagner was the top seed in region 5, but they did lose to MVP during the season also

MVP was only down by 2 at half to top seed Sisseton. tough 3rd Q they are now down by 12. Fox started hot with 8 or 10 points in the first quarter, but she has gotten pretty ice cold. dont think she scored in the 3rd Q and their other top player picked up her 3rd and 4th fouls

Comment

Working...
                                X