Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Honestly, if anyone on this board lives long enough to see another player like Nate Wolters, they will be extremely lucky. Potential first round NBA pick, every imaginable pre-season list, etc.

I don't think its very fair to compare incoming recruits to Nate.
    I don't want him to be the next Nate Wolters. I would him rather be the first Anders Broman at SDSU to accompish great things regardless of who is or was on the team to compare him too. Because no offense I know Nate has been great but as a fan I will be very disapointed if he is the only great athelte who comes through our doors. I truly think we should get use to seeing guys get national press and to winning the confrence most years and guys possibly being drafted. I dont think its out of the question.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I don't want him to be the next Nate Wolters. I would him rather be the first Anders Broman at SDSU to accompish great things regardless of who is or was on the team to compare him too. Because no offense I know Nate has been great but as a fan I will be very disapointed if he is the only great athelte who comes through our doors. I truly think we should get use to seeing guys get national press and to winning the confrence most years and guys possibly being drafted. I dont think its out of the question.
      We could become the Gonzaga of the prairie... (Reference to the Harvard of the plains or whatever it was)
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        We could become the Gonzaga of the prairie... (Reference to the Harvard of the plains or whatever it was)
        I think Creighton is the Gonzaga of the prairie

I like Browman, I think he will be a solid college basketball player. But I want people to be careful in comparing him to Nate Wolters. That is a pretty high bar set. I mean who was Nate Wolters compared to coming out of high school? Just because he is a gym rat from Minnesota doesn't make him Nate Wolters and doesn't mean he will turn into that type of player.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          I think Creighton is the Gonzaga of the prairie

I like Browman, I think he will be a solid college basketball player. But I want people to be careful in comparing him to Nate Wolters. That is a pretty high bar set. I mean who was Nate Wolters compared to coming out of high school? Just because he is a gym rat from Minnesota doesn't make him Nate Wolters and doesn't mean he will turn into that type of player.
          I think comparing a guys game is one thing but to say he will have the same career is another. Who knows, maybe if 5 years we will have recruits coming in and we will be talking about wow those are great recruits, hope they are the next Anders........
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Only things I would compare Broman to with Nate is in their work ethic (Nagy even made the comparison) and basketball IQ.

They play different positions and different styles of basketball, so fans shouldn't be expecting Nate (Version 2.0).
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              Only things I would compare Broman to with Nate is in their work ethic (Nagy even made the comparison) and basketball IQ.

They play different positions and different styles of basketball, so fans shouldn't be expecting Nate (Version 2.0).
              Yeah, what he said.

Comment

I do not believe these statements to be realistic, but maybe I'm just a stick in the mud.

I will be very happy if we can maintain 20 win seasons. Unless the other 8 teams in the league quit trying, then yes we will win the conference most years.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  I do not believe these statements to be realistic, but maybe I'm just a stick in the mud.

I will be very happy if we can maintain 20 win seasons. Unless the other 8 teams in the league quit trying, then yes we will win the conference most years.
                  Like Gonzaga they might not win the confrence every year but you know their players, they have several games on national TV. WE probably wont see 4 and 5 star recruits picking us, I dont think we are that far from that happening of making the national coverage. Another great season like last year and it will be more realistic I think then most would beleive. Of course we could go back to barely being above .500 in confrence and we might just be a flavor of the week(year).

Comment

A link to Anders Broman with video.

Seems like he's got a great family. It will be nice to see him and his family as Jackrabbits

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/...180252581.html
                    It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Gonzaga is considered a mid-major but they spend like they're a major. SDSU has a long ways to go before anything like that happens. Gonzaga is picked by some to make the Final Four this year.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Gonzaga and butler and I think sdsu is more then capable of joing that group as mid majors who like I said can get some national press and hype even if they don't win the confrence every year. The summit has a long ways to go to get their but I feel sdsu has the ability to be in that mid major force most years.

Comment

Gonzaga and butler and I think sdsu is more then capable of joing that group as mid majors who like I said can get some national press and hype even if they don't win the confrence every year. The summit has a long ways to go to get their but I feel sdsu has the ability to be in that mid major force most years.
                          SDSU doesn't belong in the same sentence as Gonzaga and Butler.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            SDSU doesn't belong in the same sentence as Gonzaga and Butler.
                            Sorry you feel that way. I guess I feel sdsu has the potential to be a top mid major.

Comment

Sorry you feel that way. I guess I feel sdsu has the potential to be a top mid major.
                              You realize that Butler has been to TWO National Championship games? Gonzaga has made the tournament every year since 1999, been to the Sweet 16 5 times and the Elite Eight once. SDSU has made the tournament once and lost in the first round. You need blue and yellow glasses along with a lot of high quality drugs to put SDSU with those two teams.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                You realize that Butler has been to TWO National Championship games? Gonzaga has made the tournament every year since 1999, been to the Sweet 16 5 times and the Elite Eight once. SDSU has made the tournament once and lost in the first round. You need blue and yellow glasses along with a lot of high quality drugs to put SDSU with those two teams.
                                I'm pretty sure he's saying they have the potential to be in that category not that they are which I can somewhat agree. Who's to say in 5-10 years they won't be??
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X