2013 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Here is a post game interview video from the AA championship game via Midco Sports.....

-At the 40 second mark they show Lane's ridiculous buzzer beating 3 pointer.

-At the 50 second mark they start interviewing Lane and show 2 of his clutch 3 pointers in the 4th quarter.

Comment

QUOTE OF THE YEAR:

"With Conrad here, we finally had a full squad." --- Lane Severyn, state champion.
      Last edited by 67jack; 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM.
      When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

I know we have no scholarships left, but Bittle was a late sign on last year at this time, so how long before this thread gets fired up again? Will there be any special news in the near future?

I say : "YES"

Comment

On Thursday Anders Broman finished his career scoring 34 points in a 72-54 loss to Rushford-Peterson in the opening round of the state tournament. He finishes his career with 5119 career points.

The Duluth News Tribune Article mentions Anders getting another shot at a victory in Williams Arena with the Jacks next season. I think this will likely be the case as I don't believe he will take a redshirt and will be a contributor next year.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

As much as I dislike the B1G 10, they have certainly performed well in the tourney. Well, except for Wisconsin.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Lane Severyn was named MVP of the AA team at the "Three Class Shootout" today in Salem. He had 18 points, 11 rebounds, and 7 assists. He also won the dunk contest.
              Last edited by 67jack; 05-04-2013, 07:22 AM.
              When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Parade Magazine (Sunday newspaper supplement) picks an All-American team for senior boys' basketball. Our recruit from Duluth, Anders Broman, is on the list:
                http://www.parade.com/14852/brianmcl...ketball-teams/

Comment

Today's (7/31/13) Duluth News Tribune had a story on recruit Anders Broman with the headline "Broman, SDSU to Play Gophers in December".

Anders Broman played his final high school basketball game in March at Williams Arena, and Minnesota’s all-time scoring leader could play one of his first college contests at the fabled venue in December.

The Minnesota Gophers unveiled their 2013 nonconference schedule Tuesday, and appearing at Williams on Dec. 10 is Broman’s new squad, South Dakota State.

“I’m looking forward to it,” Broman said Tuesday from Brookings, S.D., where he’s been participating in summer workouts with the Jackrabbits since June. “It should be a tough game, but I’m definitely looking forward to coming back to Minnesota to play.”

''''

Reading on, Broman's comments indicate it has not been determined whether he will red-shirt but "his mindset is that he'll be playing as a true freshman this season."

I like the kid's attitude. He's telling the reporter that he's in Brookings working hard and getting prepared to play but if he red-shirts, he'll live with that and focus on getting better every day.

Incidently, keep reading...below the story on our newest Jackrabbit is a report on his younger brother who was brought up to the "A" Howard Pulley team and played well in a recent tourney.

Here's a link: http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/273919/

Comment

Working...
                  X