Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Seriously, at what level of competition is this occurring? Anyone?
    Minnesota Class A, small schools.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I did a quick look at last year's game in the Minnesota Class A tourney. Broman was limited some when that team doubled and tripled him. That team also won the championship. Hopefully he would not be the only weapon on the Jacks team. I am not sure how small the schools in Minnesota might be, but i would guess that Lakeview Christian is one of the smaller schools. They also play more schools of a smaller parochial variety. It is common for that size of school to depend on a player like this young fellow. It might be the same question some ask about Nate Wolters numbers coming against the Summit League.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I have a brother in Duluth and he's a basketball fan. I asked him the other day about the team Broman's team had just played and he made a joking reference that the team was from the "Sisters of the Poor" High School. Broman's team will bowl over most of the teams they're playing BUT this past summer he played on a club team along with some of the top high school prospects in Minnesota and showed he belonged. He's an amazing shooter (at least as good as, maybe better than Steve Brown).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I have a brother in Duluth and he's a basketball fan. I asked him the other day about the team Broman's team had just played and he made a joking reference that the team was from the "Sisters of the Poor" High School. Broman's team will bowl over most of the teams they're playing BUT this past summer he played on a club team along with some of the top high school prospects in Minnesota and showed he belonged. He's an amazing shooter (at least as good as, maybe better than Steve Brown).
          No one is better than Steve Brown. I say that jokingly since I never was in the area to see Steve play. My point is that we have to get better and better. Some of our legends are going to take a back seat eventually. Will some one top Jim Suttons 86% at the FT line? I hope so, and Nate has a chance to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            No one is better than Steve Brown. I say that jokingly since I never was in the area to see Steve play. My point is that we have to get better and better. Some of our legends are going to take a back seat eventually. Will some one top Jim Suttons 86% at the FT line? I hope so, and Nate has a chance to do that.
            Tom McDonald topped that by shooting 88.5% from 1983-1986.

As for recruits, Anders Broman is human. He only had 20 pts his last game
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7avXpCKer8

Clark Willow Lake (white) vs. Sioux Valley (navy) last Saturday.

Flatten has a dunk near the end.

#13 for Sioux Valley is 6'1" 8th grader Tate Vincent, who finished the game with 28.

Supposedly these two guarded each other all game.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Pretty high praise their, JD

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

#13 for Sioux Valley is 6'1" 8th grader Tate Vincent, who finished the game with 28.

After watching the video Tate is being guarded by Flatten on only one of the plays in the highlights. I've also spoke to someone who was at the game in person and they agreed they were not guarding each other the entire game. So to say they guarded each other the whole game would be stretching it.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    After watching the video Tate is being guarded by Flatten on only one of the plays in the highlights. I've also spoke to someone who was at the game in person and they agreed they were not guarding each other the entire game. So to say they guarded each other the whole game would be stretching it.
                    Fair enough, just what I heard.

Edit: I just went back and watched again, did we watch different videos? Flatten is #10 right? Vincent dribbles by #10 at :07 and :14. At :27 he makes a three #10 doesn't contest, at :32 he inbounds with #10 guarding. At :36 Vincent is running sideline and #10 follows him to the corner. At 1:06 #10 is guarding Vincent at the top of the key and Vincent turns it over. I'm sure they didn't guard each other the entire game, and its not really important anyway.

Either way, I'm glad Flatten is coming to State, this is the first I've seen of him other than on KELO. Tate will be one to watch in coming years. Sioux Valley plays at Sioux Falls once and CWL plays in Brandon from the looks of their schedules, I might have to try to take in those games.
                    Last edited by SF_Rabbit_Fan; 12-12-2012, 01:08 PM.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Fair enough, just what I heard.

Edit: I just went back and watched again, did we watch different videos? Flatten is #10 right? Vincent dribbles by #10 at :07 and :14. At :27 he makes a three #10 doesn't contest, at :32 he inbounds with #10 guarding. At :36 Vincent is running sideline and #10 follows him to the corner. At 1:06 #10 is guarding Vincent at the top of the key and Vincent turns it over. I'm sure they didn't guard each other the entire game, and its not really important anyway.

Either way, I'm glad Flatten is coming to State, this is the first I've seen of him other than on KELO. Tate will be one to watch in coming years. Sioux Valley plays at Sioux Falls once and CWL plays in Brandon from the looks of their schedules, I might have to try to take in those games.
                      You are correct - I obviously didn't look very closely the first time I ran through it. But I will restate that I do know someone who was at the game who knows basketball and these kids well and they did not guard each other the entire game. Let's hope Tate develops into somone that is a legitimate D-I recruit! I'd like our chances of being able to pull him in from Volga!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        You are correct - I obviously didn't look very closely the first time I ran through it. But I will restate that I do know someone who was at the game who knows basketball and these kids well and they did not guard each other the entire game. Let's hope Tate develops into somone that is a legitimate D-I recruit! I'd like our chances of being able to pull him in from Volga!
                        No worries, I trust the judgement of your friend, I was only posting what I'd heard second (third/fourth?) hand. Would have been a fun game to attend.

Comment

Tate is my cousins son. His mother and I are first cousins from the Kruse family in DeSmet. Cousin Brad played BB and ran track at state in early 90's. Tate's mom played college VB. Tate's dad and coach Bill Vincent is one quality individual and Sioux Valley is lucky to have him. Tate is a great kid from a great family. Fun to see him doing so well so young. He has a lot of cousins that played sports after high school and I expect he will follow them.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Broman scored 53pts tonight to top 4,000. He is now 42pts away from Minnesota's all-time scoring record. That's an insane amount of points to amass in a high school career.
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              Broman scored 53pts tonight to top 4,000. He is now 42pts away from Minnesota's all-time scoring record. That's an insane amount of points to amass in a high school career.
                              **yawn**
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve.../group/Sports/

Comment

Working...
                                X