2013 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Another ho-hum game for Broman last night. His team won 112-107. Broman contributed 58 points.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      Skyler Flatten is a McDonalds All-American Nominee. Only one from South Dakota to make the list
      Here is the link:http://www.mcdepk.com/2013allamerica...oys_Girls).pdf
      McDonalds All-American teams announced: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...an-game-roster

Comment

Does anyone know how you get nominated? My cousin was a nominee and I've played rec-ball with other McDonalds all Americans as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          According to this article, Doyle put up a triple-double the other night...

http://www.echopress.com/event/article/id/101616/

"The South Dakota State signee made an impact in every facet of the game. Doyle finished with a triple-double of 20 points, 16 rebounds and 11 blocks. "
          Saw Doyle play a few times. Good shot blocker. Great motor. Will be a good player no doubt. Here is one of the other guys they were looking at when they offered Doyle (6'10" Carter Evans). Less ability as a shot blocker but wider body and lane presence. Evans is going to Northern State as he wanted to stay in the midwest and had a teammate sign there. He would have jumped at SDSU had they offered. Evans is currently putting up similar numbers in Minnesota AAAA. Time will tell!
          []

Comment

Anders Broman put up 70 points tonight, career high is 71. Wow
            Last edited by YanktonJack7; 02-15-2013, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              Anders Broman put up 70 points tonight, a career high. Wow.
              Skyler Flatten with 27 tonight.

Comment

Not quite a career high: https://www.google.com/search?q=ande...hrome&ie=UTF-8
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

...along with 9 rebounds and 8 assists...
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    McDonalds All-American teams announced: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...an-game-roster
                    Does Iowa have that much talent? Doesn't seem possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                      Does Iowa have that much talent? Doesn't seem possible.
                      No they don't. Iowa has had ONE player selected for the team in the last 12 years. I was told that players get nominated by their high school coach. McD's need to revisit their nomination process.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        You're right. Saw that on Twitter but should have checked. To have two 70 point games in your career is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          No they don't. Iowa has had ONE player selected for the team in the last 12 years. I was told that players get nominated by their high school coach. McD's need to revisit their nomination process.
                          Well UNC has gotten 2 from Iowa the last 5 years in Harrison Barnes and Marcus Paige.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            ...along with 9 rebounds and 8 assists...
                            70, 9, 8...... Simply amazing, no matter whom it is done against. I've been cautiously optimistic about this kid but can't help but move beyond that.

Comment

Iowa has had some solid recruits (Barnes, McDermitt, Paige, etc.) But like I said I don't think being nominated is that big of a thing. You get a plaque and your name gets in the paper, but the way I see it unless you've played in the game its not a big deal in my eyes.

Comment

Not sure if commenting on this belongs in this thread but since he would be here next year, i thought it was appropriate.

I did talk to Cody Larsen on Saturday night. There is a very good chance he will be at SDSU next year. Discussions with coaches and current players have met with approval.
                                Small issue to work through and I think he will be Jack next year
                                Last edited by SDSU Dad; 02-18-2013, 02:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X