Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    My understanding is, and I'm sure Mango being from Pierre could give a better understanding. Severyn is more of a finished product, a solid player, but has a lower ceiling then Hanson. Hanson is 6'9", if one was to go to a BCS school it would be Hanson. But as of right now Severyn is more college ready.

Severyn is listed as a Small forward in most books, somewhere in the 6'4" range, my understanding is he is similar to a Carlson/White/Griff. Hanson is 6'9" and more of the power forward/center type.

that is just my understanding from talking to Pierre folks and some people who watched them play this summer.
    I find the higher celing or whos more polished right now talk silly, because they both would look darn good in a Jacks uniform.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Here is a write up of Alec Peters

http://blogs.suntimes.com/hoopsreport/

Class of 2013 Stock Riser
      • Alec Peters, Washington
      The fact Peters has just five Division I offers at this point absolutely blows the Hoops Report's mind. Kudos to you UIC, Illinois State, Wisconsin-Green Bay, Albany and South Dakota State. The 6-7 junior, who is among the Hoops Report's top 20 prospects in the Class of 2013, averaged 24 points and 8 rebounds in four Tournament of Champions games over Thanksgiving.

Peters was soon diagnosed with a ruptured spleen and mononucleosis. He spent time in the hospital, lost weight, strength and conditioning while missing four games. He returned to help lead Washington to an upset win over the No. 1 team in Class 3A, Springfield Lanphier, and a Pekin Holiday Tournament title game appearance. In four games, fresh off battling illness and fighting weakness, Peters averaged 15 points, 6.5 rebounds and shot 8 of 18 from beyond the arc. Peters, who when healthy is a strong, crafty, high motor forward who can really shoot it, should (and will eventually) have a multitude of mid-major offers.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Not able to verbally commit at a sophomore? Did something change that I'm not aware of?
        I think jackmd said she did verbally commit,and that is all she could do at this point - which is correct.

Comment

Not able to verbally commit at a sophomore? Did something change that I'm not aware of?
          I'm confused by your question. You can tell a coach you will play for them but nothing is official until signing day. Same way a coach can tell an athlete they intend to give them a scholarship, nothing is official until the letter of intent is signed. I know you know that, perhaps I was unclear.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            Yes, Katelyn has verbally committed to SDSU to play basketball. She's only a sophomore.
            Lots of athletic ability. Has the size...listed at 6'0" I believe. Is quick, great moves, good passer..sees the court well, great rebounder. Has to work on her shot.....a lot!
            When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I'm confused by your question. You can tell a coach you will play for them but nothing is official until signing day. Same way a coach can tell an athlete they intend to give them a scholarship, nothing is official until the letter of intent is signed. I know you know that, perhaps I was unclear.
              My mistake - I just mis-read your post. I read it as "not able to do that anymore" but rather you said "not able to do anymore than that." It happens to me a lot on here. I read through all posts entirely too fast!

Comment

Klink was at the Pierre vs Watertown game. I'd say SDSU is very interested in both based on my conversations. Hansen likely has some interest from major DI schools, interest does not equate to offers.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.peoriairishhoops.com/programnews.htm

2013 Wing Alec Peters (Washington) has received scholarships from South Dakota State, Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne, and Illinois State.

Highlight video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=UDibamWepbk#!
                  Last edited by LakeJack; 02-07-2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Just read in today's Argus that Zach Hanson broke his fibula in Friday's game against Brandon Valley.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Just read in today's Argus that Zach Hanson broke his fibula in Friday's game against Brandon Valley.
                      Not sure what kind of schools were looking at him. If majors were looking at him, can we assume they'll back off and SDSU will have a better shot at landing him?
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

A broken fibula is not a big deal. Its the non-weight bearing bone in the bottom leg. Its not like he injured a knee. In fact I am hearing he may be back by tournament time? But, you never know. If he was simply on someone's radar they may shy away and look elsewhere. Plus, I think he is only a jr? Certainly a big blow to this young man and his team as they should be one of favorites to win the AA.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        Not sure what kind of schools were looking at him. If majors were looking at him, can we assume they'll back off and SDSU will have a better shot at landing him?

Comment

He is only a junior, from my understanding SDSU is his best offer to date, but many mid and high majors have their eye on him. The key for his recruitment will be how he plays this summer. That is all its going to come down to, unless he has complications with his injury.

Comment

My mistake - I just mis-read your post. I read it as "not able to do that anymore" but rather you said "not able to do anymore than that." It happens to me a lot on here. I read through all posts entirely too fast!
                            I should give you neg rept for making a mistake.

Comment

He had same injury to other leg last season that was diagnosed on 2nd day of State AA tournament. He sat out two months and returned to playing in June. This injury will not affect his recruitment. More than SDSU has offered and schools of significance have offered or shown strong interest. SDSU is not his best offer to date. SDSU will be in a dog fight to get a commitment from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
                                He had same injury to other leg last season that was diagnosed on 2nd day of State AA tournament. He sat out two months and returned to playing in June. This injury will not affect his recruitment. More than SDSU has offered and schools of significance have offered or shown strong interest. SDSU is not his best offer to date. SDSU will be in a dog fight to get a commitment from him.
                                Is this a total fracture,or more of a stress fracture ? It seems odd that this has happened twice. Is there any worry that it might be a recurring type of thing with him ?

Comment

Working...
                                X