2013 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Ben Moore who Coach Cooley checked out earlier this year has been on fire early. Was named MVP at a Holiday weekend tourney. From the sounds of it, he has developed more as a post player.

Here are the schools recruiting him, IPFW- I believe is the only one to have offered as of now.

Schools recruiting Ben Moore.IPFW-SLU-UIC-UNI-W&M, Loyola-Valpo-SDSU-NDSU-NIU-Cal-Irvine-IL St-In St-UWGB-SIUE-Col St-Minn St.among others

Comment

Does the RC Journal reporter know something? or is he misinformed? This was on December 25, 2011. Scroll to bottom of article.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/sports/h...9bb2963f4.html
      Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Interesting. And hopefully true. I don't imagine the coaching staff is free to talk about verbals. But there's nothing stopping the players from talking.
        This space for lease.

Comment

I talked to someone in the know regarding these two on the 23rd of December and they said they were still looking at schools. I doubt this is correct.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            I talked to someone in the know regarding these two on the 23rd of December and they said they were still looking at schools. I doubt this is correct.
            I agree, I know numerous people in Pierre and they always make it noted that the two have "offers" from SDSU but are not committed. It could be true for all I know, but I would think that if it was public Terry, the Argus and all of South Dakota would be reporting it by now. Duffy is a good reporter, but I wonder if he didn't make a typo or someone reporting it to him got it mixed up confusing offer with commitment.

Verbals are tricky though, I have a friend who works as a college recruiter for Black Hills State, and he said he had a kid tell him that he was already verbally committed to the basketball team, so he went and talked to the coach and the coach had never heard of him. At the same time I know of recruits that were able to keep their verbals quiet for 6 months +. Its a tricky deal, especially if you are not a rivals/scout/espn recruit because its hard to verify the offer in many cases yet the commitment. But with these recruits who have had offers for over a year and everyone knows is good I think more people would have reported it.

Comment

Talked to Lane Severyn last night, no decision has been made so far. Still considering his options so Duffy was incorrect on saying he had verbally committed.

Gut feeling though is Lane ends up at SDSU. Had gotten a lot of looks (including UNI, SDSU, Creighton, Yale, USD) but has only visited SDSU. Like I said, gut feeling and there is a long ways to go but just a feeling I have.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Talked to Lane Severyn last night, no decision has been made so far. Still considering his options so Duffy was incorrect on saying he had verbally committed.

Gut feeling though is Lane ends up at SDSU. Had gotten a lot of looks (including UNI, SDSU, Creighton, Yale, USD) but has only visited SDSU. Like I said, gut feeling and there is a long ways to go but just a feeling I have.
                Isnt his sister going to come to SDSU or verbaled for basketball or something like that?
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Isnt his sister going to come to SDSU or verbaled for basketball or something like that?
                  Yes, Katelyn has verbally committed to SDSU to play basketball. She's only a sophomore.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    She gave AJ a verbal commitment. Not able to do anymore than that as a sophomore. Yes, SDSU has interest in both Severyn and Hansen. Last I heard Hansen is leaning towards football. The source was a friend originally from Pierre who was attending a hall of fame induction ceremony at Riggs High in Pierre. He also said that one of Tubby's guys from U of M was in the gym watching.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Is there a general concensus on which of the Pierre juniors will be the better college basketball player, Severyn or Hansen? Serveryn is more of a guard/wing type player and Hansen is taller and more of an inside guy, correct?
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        Is there a general concensus on which of the Pierre juniors will be the better college basketball player, Severyn or Hansen? Serveryn is more of a guard/wing type player and Hansen is taller and more of an inside guy, correct?
                        Good question. My understanding is similar to yours. I get the sense that there is more interest from higher profile places for Hansen than Severyn. I could be way off though.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My understanding is, and I'm sure Mango being from Pierre could give a better understanding. Severyn is more of a finished product, a solid player, but has a lower ceiling then Hanson. Hanson is 6'9", if one was to go to a BCS school it would be Hanson. But as of right now Severyn is more college ready.

Severyn is listed as a Small forward in most books, somewhere in the 6'4" range, my understanding is he is similar to a Carlson/White/Griff. Hanson is 6'9" and more of the power forward/center type.

that is just my understanding from talking to Pierre folks and some people who watched them play this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            She gave AJ a verbal commitment. Not able to do anymore than that as a sophomore. Yes, SDSU has interest in both Severyn and Hansen. Last I heard Hansen is leaning towards football. The source was a friend originally from Pierre who was attending a hall of fame induction ceremony at Riggs High in Pierre. He also said that one of Tubby's guys from U of M was in the gym watching.
                            Hanson doesn't play football, so I would be shocked if he was leaning towards football.

I haven't talked to Zach about his recruiting, so I'm not sure what's out there for him. I would say he does have the higher ceiling, not to say that Severyn doesn't have room to improve. The improvement for Hanson from his sophomore to junior has been tremendous. He took over games somewhat as a sophomore but it seems like he does it regularly now. There isn't anyone in the state that can guard him when he's playing at his absolutely best. Another good thing about Zach, he passes incredibly well out of the double teams he sees regularly.

Severyn is more polished than Zach and he can take over games as well. The first half of the game against Lincoln last year in the state tournament was absolutely incredible on his part. It seemed like he was making everything in the gym. His range is good, he isn't afraid to go inside, absolutely deadly when he has a little bit of space, runs the court very well, good passer.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Not able to verbally commit at a sophomore? Did something change that I'm not aware of?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                Not able to verbally commit at a sophomore? Did something change that I'm not aware of?
                                You are able to verbally commit. That is it. You can't sign. The coaches can't make it public or comment about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X