Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    There is a quantium leap from Riggs high to the Summit League. Until they sign and get a few games under their belt, we never know what we are getting. I am sorry, but I dont even recall the names of the 4 who left the team this spring. Those 4 could not cut the mustard and are gone, but I recall high hope comments about them. That is not to say the 2 guys from Pierre will fail. They could as you point out be quite successful. I saying now is not the time to get excited and I do not get real excited about recruiting. Its the coach's job. Let him be the deal maker.
    As i mentioned, I am only relying off of reports from people more familiar with the development of Lane and Hanson. I stated they were favorites in AA because they got 3rd last year and Mitchell and OGorman both have a lot of turnover in player personnel. I understand fully your points and they are taken. But as I said 6'9" kids that can shoot a high percentage 3 pointer with a high release don't happen every day in this state, just stating he has an opportunity to be exceptional in this upcoming year because he was always a skinny kid but apparently hes beginning to fill out too, and obviously he can play the game. I will not negate that the next level is, well, just that...a whole new ball game. I doubt SDSU would have offered him as a sophomore had Nagy not been impressed though.

Comment

Originally posted by scubasteve View Post
      As i mentioned, I am only relying off of reports from people more familiar with the development of Lane and Hanson. I stated they were favorites in AA because they got 3rd last year and Mitchell and OGorman both have a lot of turnover in player personnel. I understand fully your points and they are taken. But as I said 6'9" kids that can shoot a high percentage 3 pointer with a high release don't happen every day in this state, just stating he has an opportunity to be exceptional in this upcoming year because he was always a skinny kid but apparently hes beginning to fill out too, and obviously he can play the game. I will not negate that the next level is, well, just that...a whole new ball game. I doubt SDSU would have offered him as a sophomore had Nagy not been impressed though.
      Good points, I understand what you are saying. I quit following High school BB many years ago.

Comment

Logan Doyle a 6'8" power forward out of Alexandria MN stated on his twitter that he had played with Nate Wolters and the rest of the SDSU team on August 1st. So its sounds like he was on campus for some reason or another. He has an offer from Western Illinois already.

Comment

According to a Ryan James tweet,SG Quinton Hooker from Brooklyn Park,MN is making an unofficial visit to campus tomorrow.

Comment

Coach Nagy just tweeted:

Scott Nagy ‏@CoachNagy
            One commitment down three to go. It's a good day to be a Jackrabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Coach Nagy just tweeted:Scott Nagy ‏@CoachNagy One commitment down three to go. It's a good day to be a Jackrabbit.
              You'll be happy about this one!
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Klink, Hansen and and Goff are all tweeting about this, hashtagging 2013 - its a fair bet it is Quinton Hooker who was on campus yesterday - 6'0", 185lb shooting guard.
                Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                  Klink, Hansen and and Goff are all tweeting about this, hashtagging 2013 - its a fair bet it is Quinton Hooker who was on campus yesterday - 6'0", 185lb shooting guard.
                  Per TV, It is Layne Severyn.

Comment

Great news for the Jacks! Skyler Flatten you're next!
                    Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 08-22-2012, 11:54 AM.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Great news for the Jacks! Tyler Flatten you're next!
                      SKYLER Flatten, right?
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                        I think I read that Hooker has 3 or 4 official visits lined up for this fall - it will probably be awhile before he makes a decision.

Comment

My bad, its Lane Severyn from Pierre who has committed. 6'5" wing. This comes from TV's twitter-
                          "Pierre senior wing Lane Severyn (6-5) has given a verbal to SDSU for hoops, per his sister, Kaitlyn. She is also a Jacks recruit."
                          Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

That is great news. I would have hated to see both of those Pierre guys end up out of state.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              SKYLER Flatten, right?
                              Yes you're right. Thanks. Typo.

Comment

This is a great get. Local kid who is a pretty darn good basketball player now, but also has an incredibly high ceiling as well.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X