2013 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Yesterday truly was a good day to be a Jackrabbit. The fact that both guys had interest from other Summit schools but chose SDSU is a nice bonus, as is the fact that one of them is a high-profile South Dakotan.

Comment

Here's TV's latest mentioning the new recruits: http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...oops-headlines
      “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Good write up on Lane out of the capital journal in Pierre. Their new sports writer is fresh out of college and is doing a good job.http://www.capjournal.com/sports/sev...9bb2963f4.html
        It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Hope the Logan Doyle kid improved a lot this summer because his YouTube videos looks like he swats at the ball a lot and doesn't play very good D.
          It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
            Here's TV's latest mentioning the new recruits: http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...oops-headlines
            I am intrigued by Doyle. Didn't have much interest including no offers before his junior year where he grew 3 inches. He could become a pretty good player and Severyn I am glad he stayed in state. Ive heard nothing but good things about his talent and potential. Two good gets by Nagy and the coaching staff. Hope they sign early so in case they have an even bigger senior year. 2 down 2 to go
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
              I am intrigued by Doyle. Didn't have much interest including no offers before his junior year where he grew 3 inches. He could become a pretty good player and Severyn I am glad he stayed in state. Ive heard nothing but good things about his talent and potential. Two good gets by Nagy and the coaching staff. Hope they sign early so in case they have an even bigger senior year. 2 down 2 to go
              Maybe he grows 3 more inches! Would be awesome to have two 6'-11" guys on the roster with skills.

Comment

Originally posted by witness;206694[b
                ]I am intrigued by Doyle. Didn't have much interest including no offers before his junior year where he grew 3 inches.[/b] He could become a pretty good player and Severyn I am glad he stayed in state. Ive heard nothing but good things about his talent and potential. Two good gets by Nagy and the coaching staff. Hope they sign early so in case they have an even bigger senior year. 2 down 2 to go
                I was actually thinking the exact same thing. On the flip side, the SDSU coaches have shown they're pretty good at finding the talent that fits the Jackrabbit program, and he has another year to get more comfortable with those extra 3 inches he added last year. As an Augie fan, I'm mostly just glad Doyle won't wind up playing for one of the many NSIC schools that offered him, since 6'8" bigs with D1 offers are usually pretty tough at our level.

Comment

I'm interested to see how Doyle does as well, but obviously I trust the coaches. This wasn't a late spring signing out of desperation. The coaches saw something they liked and offered the kid.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Post players generally develop slower than guards/wings, especially the ones that a mid major will be in the running for. It's just natural that a kid's motor skills will take time to catch up to his body, especially when it's a large growth spurt.

An example of what happens when a post player's game catches up to his body is current UW-Green Bay standout Alec Brown. He's 7'1 now and is predicted to be the 11th overall pick in the upcoming draft by some sites, but I believe he wasn't even good enough to start for his high school team till late in his junior year at Winona. Alec started to figure it out both physically and mentally his senior year and ended up being a Minnesota Mr. Basketball finalist as well as have his recruiting stock rise. Had he had the season he did in his senior year when he was a junior or during summer ball, he more than likely would of had his pick of Big Ten teams to play for.

Now I'm not saying Logan is going to be a future NBA draft pick, but he obviously has displayed to our coaching staff the potential to be a good post player at our level. Will he reach that potential? Who knows? (Big men can be kind of a crapshoot) But people who evaluate high school players for a living see that the kid possess the ability to compete at the Division I level.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Here's an article about Logan's AAU season from his home town paper
                      http://www.echopress.com/event/article/id/97057/

There's something to be said about a kid that not only has the ability to be good, but the desire as well. It seems as though the kid has both.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        Here's an article about Logan's AAU season from his home town paperhttp://www.echopress.com/event/article/id/97057/There's something to be said about a kid that not only has the ability to be good, but the desire as well. It seems as though the kid has both.
                        He's a tough, hard nosed bruiser. If he's athletic enough he'll fit in just fine.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Hopefully the Jacks will look at a point guard to fill one of the two remaining spots. With Nate leaving,there will be a need for someone who can step in and share minutes with Bittle in 13/14.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Hopefully the Jacks will look at a point guard to fill one of the two remaining spots. With Nate leaving,there will be a need for someone who can step in and share minutes with Bittle in 13/14.
                            They are looking at a PG aren't they? Isn't Quinton Hooker a PG or is he a SG?
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              They are looking at a PG aren't they? Isn't Quinton Hooker a PG or is he a SG?
                              He's a shooting guard but could play some PG.

Comment

To be honest, I think that having another "quality" big would be more precious at this point then say even PG. Thats only because it seems like center would lead to more foul issues against marquee teams other conference powers with bigs. Not to mention many of our other guards seem "able" to run offenses if that need arises. Ideally you could get a combo guard and a big.

It is crazy to think we have 2 spots left for this class and we have a lot of quality offers out there, a luxury this program has not been realistically afforded in a long time.

Things are looking up when the program has this much success and you have many interested recruits and only a few spots to fill. Hopefully this is a reality we can expect and a trend we can continue to build upon in coming years.

In regards to Lane, glad he chose SDSU and if they can tap his potential to the fullest, thats a scary 2/3 we can utilize on the offensive end!

Comment

Working...
                                X