2013 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

State has offered Quinton Hooker, a combo guard from the Twin Cities. He plays for Howard Pulley.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
      What's special about this kid that makes him different from all the other 6-7 to 6-9 skinny white guys ?
      Smooth with the ball great court awareness and great touch. Positions himself well to score and rebound. Works effectively and makes the game look easy for him. And that was this year with a bum knee. Wait till he's healty.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHJJIy7pyzA

Comment

Per Ryan James twitter:
          South Dakota State has offered Quinton Hooker.
          Here is Quinton's rivals profile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...-Hooker-135607

Here is a video:

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Reading about his three games, and watching the highlight video, I was impressed by his court sense and touch. Has the shot outside, drives the lane effectively, dishes, alley-oop passes. Looks like he'd be an effective point guard/ off guard.

Comment

Went to the Dakota Schoolers Spring Jam in Brandon Saturday. Watched Pierre's 6'9" Zach Hanson and Prior Lake, Minnesota's 7' Carson Shanks go at it. Each seem to neutralize each other but I think....I think Hanson did put up more points. Hanson looked more solid, muscular than did Shanks. Shanks seem frustrated the whole game because it seemed Hanson was just more physical. A lot of pushing and shoving....by all players! Did take in four games on Saturday. Some great basketball. Saw some very athletic kids. Isaac Lindquist, the 6'9" kid from Milbank is very solid...build wise.
              Last edited by 67jack; 04-29-2012, 07:32 PM.
              When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                I saw that Skyler Flatten was in the argusleader second five. They said he was being actively recruited by division 1 schools, but did not give any names. I wonder if that Clark/Willow Lake water works for boys basketball players like it works for the gals. I wonder if we are one of the teams looking at him or not.
                Yes SDSU has been watching him and per a friend in Clark he has an offer from the Jackrabbits. NDSU has not officially offered but per the same friend they intend to. Great kid from a great family with a lot of upside. 6'5" who can handle, shoot, defend and who will work his butt of for the team.

As for Zach Hanson, this is exactly the kind of player Nagy needs to sign if SDSU is going to make the step-up to the next level. How do you do that when he has offers from well established mid-major teams and major conference teams? They don't pay me to figure that out.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I found this randomly on FB of all places,

‎2014 F 6'8 Michael Finke of Champaign Centennial has picked up his first offer from south dakota state

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
                    I found this randomly on FB of all places,

‎2014 F 6'8 Michael Finke of Champaign Centennial has picked up his first offer from south dakota state
                    http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/ind...=34:recruiting

He plays on same AAU team (Peoria Irish) as Tanner Willaims (SD State offer). http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/ind...=34:recruiting

*Joeboo had already mentioned Michael Finke in the 2014 Recruiting thread.
                    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 05-01-2012, 04:01 PM. Reason: saw 2014 recruiting thread

Comment

Luke Worthington's recruitment blew up this weekend, received something like 10 offers over the weekend and now has 15+ D-I offers. All of them in the mid-high-mid major category, but starting to get looks from the power 6 conferences.

Comment

Sounds like the invites for the elite camp have/are going out right now. I'll try to get an update of who has been invited and what class they are part of.

Comment

Nebraska offered Zach Hanson per TV.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            Sounds like the invites for the elite camp have/are going out right now. I'll try to get an update of who has been invited and what class they are part of.
                            I started to follow the Jacks last season during the tournament and coincidentally my son just got an invite to the elite camp. Carter Evans 2013, 6'10" 220 from Rochester, MN. Playing for the Minnesota Fury (Davis) this summer. We are both excited that they have been interested enough to invite him to camp.

Comment

Originally posted by benchwarmer75 View Post
                              I started to follow the Jacks last season during the tournament and coincidentally my son just got an invite to the elite camp. Carter Evans 2013, 6'10" 220 from Rochester, MN. Playing for the Minnesota Fury (Davis) this summer. We are both excited that they have been interested enough to invite him to camp.
                              Hopefully your son will enjoy his time in Brookings - the one piece the Jacks haven't had in this run is a true post player. Connor Devine will provide some help there,but it never hurts to have more than one big man.

Comment

Originally posted by benchwarmer75 View Post
                                Welcome aboard Benchwarmer75! I'm assuming your moniker is in reference to Bob Lurtsema.

Comment

Working...
                                X