NAGY must ... Stay (for awhile)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NAGY must ... Stay (for awhile)

I wonder what kind of pie Coach Nagy likes? And if he decided to change favorite pies, I wonder if he could get one that's as good or better for a similar price? Or would have to pay Perkins-like money to get a good one, only to find out it wasn't all it was cracked up to be?
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Got a laugh out of that.

Very few threads get locked and it seems to me there isn't a strong reason to lock this one. Everyone can just let it die (pie time!) and it'll go away on its own. Jackbacker123 has about five posts in his history and I think they're all in this thread, all negative on Nagy. Posters are not required to respond.

Now, if someone would provide me with a piece of lemon-meringue pie....
      Was any type of pie available at Target Field?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Does make you wonder who the face is behind the mask. I dont think its the Lone Ranger.
        Yah, he probably isn't the Lone Ranger, as this guy doesn't seem like a "Kemo Sabe" (faithful friend/trusty scout)...

...and on that note, I'm feeling a little more pious!

*Yes, pun was intended on using the word "pious", as it was a reference to both the relation of my screen name to the meaning of "Kemo Sabe" and the fact that the statement is quite off topic, which generally leads to conversations about pie.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm feeling rather "pie"-ous, too!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
            Was any type of pie available at Target Field?
            Did not see any pies at Target Field. They did have a counter with expensive desserts including some brownies, cakes, Rice-Krispie bars (yep, Rice-Krispie bars) but no pie.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Did not see any pies at Target Field. They did have a counter with expensive desserts including some brownies, cakes, Rice-Krispie bars (yep, Rice-Krispie bars) but no pie.
              Kelloggs products in the heart of General Mills country?

Comment

They should have Twins pie at the games. Half cherry and half blueberry to match their colors. With an a la mode option of SDSU Ice Cream of course.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

There seems to be some issue with the fact that I only have 5 posts and they are all on this thread. Sorry if that bothers you but you have to start somewhere.

As far as being negative, all I can say is that I am of the beleif that a change is needed and I'm not alone (but outnumbered on this board). I have been supporting athletics at SDSU for 30+ years and I feel that going forward Coach Nagy does not give us the best chance for success. It is nothing personal. I applaud Coach Nagy for getting us through the transition but I think we are beyond that now. Change is hard but it happens all the time.

I didn't start this thread and looking at its popularity I think shows that there are many people at least thinking about the idea of change. Why would that be?

Change or not, I will continue to support the team in a "positive" manner.

Comment

TWINkies

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                      There seems to be some issue with the fact that I only have 5 posts and they are all on this thread. Sorry if that bothers you but you have to start somewhere.

As far as being negative, all I can say is that I am of the beleif that a change is needed and I'm not alone (but outnumbered on this board). I have been supporting athletics at SDSU for 30+ years and I feel that going forward Coach Nagy does not give us the best chance for success. It is nothing personal. I applaud Coach Nagy for getting us through the transition but I think we are beyond that now. Change is hard but it happens all the time.

I didn't start this thread and looking at its popularity I think shows that there are many people at least thinking about the idea of change. Why would that be?

Nothing wrong with opposing opinions <3
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                        TWINkies
                        I like Ho hos better

Comment

I think the point you're missing or refusing to acknowledge is that this discussion has been had. I haven't seen anything in the posts you bring to the board that hasn't already been discussed. To say that Coach Nagy can't recruit at the DI level cannot be supported by any facts. The fact that you believe or many other people feel a change is needed doesn't mean a change should occur. I don't think anybody here has any reason to believe anyone has a personal reason for Coach Nagy to stay or go, if they do, that is a whole different discussion all together.

To applaud Coach Nagy for getting us through the transition all the while suggesting we are beyond that now, speaks for itself. I don't think I need or want someone like that suggesting I need to think about the idea of change.

So, don't ask me why that would be and then say you'll support the team. The coach is very much a part of the team and you clearly don't support him. On this topic we will agree to disagree.

Coach Nagy will be our coach next year and very likely for years to come. If you want to support the team, support him.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here's an interesting topic for discussion:

Coack K went 9-17 at Army the year before he took over at Duke. Over 5 seasons, his career record at Army was 73-59 (.553).

After his first 3 years at Duke he had a career DI coaching record of 111-106 (.511), and a Duke coaching record of 38-47 (.447). In his first 4 years at Duke, he lost to rival North Carolina 7 of 8 times, with only one loss of fewer than 10 points. Duke won 1 conference title in Coach K's first 10 seasons. Duke was pretty mediocre in those early days.

What would Duke basketball be like today without him? I'm guessing they would be alright, but not have the 11 final four appearances, 8 national championship appearances, and 4 national championships.

I am sometimes flabbergasted by the short-sightedness of fans (and worse, athletic directors) in this day and age. I'm all for high expectations, but our expectations should also be tempered with a dose of reality and perspective.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              I think the point you're missing or refusing to acknowledge is that this discussion has been had. I haven't seen anything in the posts you bring to the board that hasn't already been discussed. To say that Coach Nagy can't recruit at the DI level cannot be supported by any facts. The fact that you believe or many other people feel a change is needed doesn't mean a change should occur. I don't think anybody here has any reason to believe anyone has a personal reason for Coach Nagy to stay or go, if they do, that is a whole different discussion all together.

To applaud Coach Nagy for getting us through the transition all the while suggesting we are beyond that now, speaks for itself. I don't think I need or want someone like that suggesting I need to think about the idea of change.

So, don't ask me why that would be and then say you'll support the team. The coach is very much a part of the team and you clearly don't support him. On this topic we will agree to disagree.

Coach Nagy will be our coach next year and very likely for years to come. If you want to support the team, support him.
                              Support us with facts saying that Coach Nagy can recruit. In the past five years name players that were recruited by bigger, more established programs please.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                                Support us with facts saying that Coach Nagy can recruit. In the past five years name players that were recruited by bigger, more established programs please.
                                Dykstra (offer from Iowa State)? Wolters (offer from Colorado State)?

Comment

Working...
                                X