NAGY must ... Stay (for awhile)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAGY must ... Stay (for awhile)

OK, not my usual message. But the team improved enough for Nagy to get a couple more years I figure. If no improvemen, then we should move on.

Re: NAGY must ... Stay (for awhile)

I just got home from the game and couldn't disagree with you more. It is time for a change. We lost that game tonight for one reason and that is coaching. To sit and watch our defense and lack of rebounding in the second half as Moss sat on the bench was tough to take. Clint is good player but there was no reason for him to floor the last ten minutes. He looked tired and was playing no defense. Nagy is obviously in love with payers that can shoot 3's but at some point he needs to realize that there is more to basketball. Dale is the best athlete, defender and one of the top rebounders. To have him sitting on the bench because he isn't a good three point shooter is coaches decision and a poor one. Also, what is the point of putting in him for 1 or 2 minutes and then taking him out?

Nagy proved that he could recruit and coach at the D-II level but we are D-I now. This level of basketball appears to be over Nagy's head. He has been given more than a fair chance to move this program to the next level and hasn't. It is time for Nagy to be fired. If not, I hope Dale talks to coach Stig and plays football next year. To watch Nagy waste his talent is embarrassing.

Comment

Sheesh, I cant win. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
        I just got home from the game and couldn't disagree with you more. It is time for a change. We lost that game tonight for one reason and that is coaching. To sit and watch our defense and lack of rebounding in the second half as Moss sat on the bench was tough to take. Clint is good player but there was no reason for him to floor the last ten minutes. He looked tired and was playing no defense. Nagy is obviously in love with payers that can shoot 3's but at some point he needs to realize that there is more to basketball. Dale is the best athlete, defender and one of the top rebounders. To have him sitting on the bench because he isn't a good three point shooter is coaches decision and a poor one. Also, what is the point of putting in him for 1 or 2 minutes and then taking him out?

Nagy proved that he could recruit and coach at the D-II level but we are D-I now. This level of basketball appears to be over Nagy's head. He has been given more than a fair chance to move this program to the next level and hasn't. It is time for Nagy to be fired. If not, I hope Dale talks to coach Stig and plays football next year. To watch Nagy waste his talent is embarrassing.
        Dale is a great athlete I will give you that. But, he isn't the reason that the Jacks lost the game.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Be ready for the beat down -

#1. For the post
          #2. Because it is your first post.

Comment

Your wrong..... FLAT OUT WRONG..... with out Cordova (who was the reason we LOST) the game became a game of matchups, Dale is a guy who plays best when the matchups are there, and they weren't there tonight.... The guys who shoot 3's got the open looks needed they just didn't hit them....

Comment

Sorry but Nagy didn't lose the game. You did see Dale tweek his back in the first half right? Dale is a heck of an athlete, but we needed other players on the court more. Clint just had a bad night. Nate's night wasn't the greatest either (his defensive night--he played well on the offensive side).
              Last edited by bub94; 03-08-2010, 08:16 AM. Reason: edited my opinion of Nate's night
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I agree guys, we need a new coach here. Nagy needs to be replaced as he has no clue what is going on at this level. I really like what Calapari (sp?) has done down at Kentucky, so thats my choice #1, although he may not be a fit with our academics (this is one of the elite universities in the nation after all!). Tubby Smith at Minnesota seems like he's good, but his best years might be behind him. Tom Izzo might be a great fit, I like how he has dominated the Big 10... he might be ready to move up.

Oh wait, thats right, this is SDSU, a bottom tier midcontinent conference (I'm sorry "summit") league school, located smack dab in the middle of what most of the nation regards as a frozen he!!, with the biggest nearby "major" city being sioux falls (pop. 120,000!!!). This state produces at most 2 legit D-I players a year (no, being recruited by NDSU, SDSU, USD etc. doesn't make them D-I). Not to mention Brookings is exactly what D-I players with other options are looking for these days. The school is mediocre in every respect, you have to drive to Minneapolis to get close to anything most people regard as civilization, and the facilities are average.

So those of you looking for a new coach... who exactly do you think is going to come here after Nagy? Nobody with a brain in their head is going to come to Brookings. Theres no recruiting base, nothing special to recruit to, low salaries, terrible weather, average at best academics... do I need to go on? This place is a death bed for coaches, and nobody is going to willingly walk into this, unless they have some outside reason (family nearby, near retirement age and looking for a challenge etc.).

Please, enlighten me as to who will be the next savior after you run a decent coach out of town? I dying to know what the brainiacs on here think. Otherwise, I suggest you shut up and except reality. SDSU is never going to be Gonzaga. Grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                  Sorry but Nagy didn't lose the game. You did see Dale tweek his back in the first half right? Dale is a heck of an athlete, but we needed other players on the court more. Clint just had a bad night. Nate's night wasn't the greatest either.
                  I think that many folks assume since Dale can jump out of the gym that he should always be on the court. Tonight, as much as it pains me to say, we missed AC. As much as I thought he fell asleep this year, we could really have used his physicalness inside.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    I think that many folks assume since Dale can jump out of the gym that he should always be on the court. Tonight, as much as it pains me to say, we missed AC. As much as I thought he fell asleep this year, we could really have used his physicalness inside.
                    I said it after the Wyoming game at the beginning of the year. keeping Cordova on the floor is crucial, and its not his stats, its how well the offense flows with him in their.....

Comment

NAGY MUST GO. WHAT HAS HE DONE. LOOK AT USD and there success so far in the transition. When we were in the Great West or whatever we won about 3 games. SDSU has the best facilities in the conference and with the conference tourney at home there is no doubt we should bring in a coach that can win.

Comment

I really prefer JackBacker123's attitude as compared to JackerBacker. One is striving to get better, the other is accepting mediocrity. I don't think Nagy should be fired after this year, however I do understand why some people might think things are not getting better. I've posted many times in the past why the SDSU job would get lots of quality applications, but I hope there is no reason anyone sends one in.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JackerRabbit View Post
                          I agree guys, we need a new coach here. Nagy needs to be replaced as he has no clue what is going on at this level. I really like what Calapari (sp?) has done down at Kentucky, so thats my choice #1, although he may not be a fit with our academics (this is one of the elite universities in the nation after all!). Tubby Smith at Minnesota seems like he's good, but his best years might be behind him. Tom Izzo might be a great fit, I like how he has dominated the Big 10... he might be ready to move up.

Oh wait, thats right, this is SDSU, a bottom tier midcontinent conference (I'm sorry "summit") league school, located smack dab in the middle of what most of the nation regards as a frozen he!!, with the biggest nearby "major" city being sioux falls (pop. 120,000!!!). This state produces at most 2 legit D-I players a year (no, being recruited by NDSU, SDSU, USD etc. doesn't make them D-I). Not to mention Brookings is exactly what D-I players with other options are looking for these days. The school is mediocre in every respect, you have to drive to Minneapolis to get close to anything most people regard as civilization, and the facilities are average.

So those of you looking for a new coach... who exactly do you think is going to come here after Nagy? Nobody with a brain in their head is going to come to Brookings. Theres no recruiting base, nothing special to recruit to, low salaries, terrible weather, average at best academics... do I need to go on? This place is a death bed for coaches, and nobody is going to willingly walk into this, unless they have some outside reason (family nearby, near retirement age and looking for a challenge etc.).

Please, enlighten me as to who will be the next savior after you run a decent coach out of town? I dying to know what the brainiacs on here think. Otherwise, I suggest you shut up and except reality. SDSU is never going to be Gonzaga. Grow up.
                          Worst post ever.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Things aren't getting better. You have a home game and really were behind the whole game, such poor defense tonight. We needed a lot better effort on the defensive end.

Comment

Originally posted by rockchalk View Post
                              NAGY MUST GO. WHAT HAS HE DONE. LOOK AT USD and there success so far in the transition. When we were in the Great West or whatever we won about 3 games. SDSU has the best facilities in the conference and with the conference tourney at home there is no doubt we should bring in a coach that can win.
                              Tell me how good USD is next year?

Comment

Working...
                              X