Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kwsn...

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
    If I remember right he had close to 30 points when they played at Minnesota he was their lone bright spot. I saw him play at Augie earlier in the year and was just average with 14 points.
    It was Callahan that went off against Minnesota
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Back to KWSN, Craig said on the show today that they plan to have Coach Johnston on tomorrow afternoon to discuss the upcoming tourney.

Comment

Augiefan,

You can pretend that the Jacks played their regular lineup like a regular game, but let me share something with you. Troy Wipf played more min. in the exibition game then he played in all of the regular season - you know games that count - combined.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          I too was at the Brookings-O'G game watching Brayden play last night. (I was the one on the O'G side wearing a SDSU pullover) Was Nagy there? From where I was sitting it looked like Nagy was possibly sitting behind the Brookings bench, halfway up. Anyway, I'm sure Brayden will enjoy it when he gets to State and he's not double teamed.

Klink and Nagy were there. Andy Kleinjan made an appearance as well. He was probably scouting for Watertown.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I think Nagy and Klink also stopped in to Rookies before the game. I went there after and a buddy told me he thought it was those two (buddy is from Iowa, doesn't really know Nagy) sitting at the bar. They both had blue SDSU shirts on right?

Comment

I thought Brayden could have been more assertive last night (especially w/ Nagy in attendance). He almost seemed bored out there. It wasn't until they were down 5 or so w/ a couple minutes to go that he started to play wih a little urgency. I do like his jumper though.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                I thought Brayden could have been more assertive last night (especially w/ Nagy in attendance). He almost seemed bored out there. It wasn't until they were down 5 or so w/ a couple minutes to go that he started to play wih a little urgency. I do like his jumper though.

They were wearing blue so it was probably them.

Brayden could have been more assertive, but I think that's just how the Brookings offense flows. I think he sets way too many screens and needs to flow more to the ball than away from it. Multiple possessions he set two or three screens before even flashing back to the ball. I understand the screeer is usually the one open, but in this case he could have worked more towards it. But like I said above, I think it's the Brookings offense and system compared to Brayden.

It really hurt them when number 10 got in foul trouble. Brookings needed another scorer and with 14 having to be the point, it really hurt them. He wasn't sensational by any means, but he was a senior and it gave them another option. I thought number 10 was subbed in late. He could have came in with 5 or so minutes left in the game instead of 2 or 3 to move him off the ball. But realistically, Brayden is going to need to score a lot more for Brooking to make it past this next game. He has a very nice jumper and he finishes high and pretty strong for a kid as skinny as he is. That redshirt year will really help him.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Continuing with the thread drift, the NSIC to Summit League argument with regard to teams is a little over the top. The team depth of talent, size, and speed just doesn't add up for the duration for an entire conference season. In a one-time situation, craziness obviously happens. Should we be able to compete in the Big 12 night in and out because of our win over Iowa St?

Individual players from the better D-II teams (NCC/NSIC) on the other hand are not that far off...every year there are players, usually seniors, that have developed over the years and could compete night in and night out at a high-level in the Summit League. We have seen plenty of players come through Frost over the years who could have played in this league. I often get frustrated with the "He is a D-I player" label because I don't think the difference is that obvious...especially in the Summit League. Who is the better player...Sempsrott or Callahan? Without D-I moves, Woodside and Winkelman probably end up in the NCC/NSIC somewhere. Was Cordova getting any D-I interest when we signed him? Recruiting has changed so much in the past 5-10 years that is reasonable to believe that White and Fiegen could have still easily ended up at SDSU had they been seniors 10 years ago at Madison.

Once players get into college and are exposed, the type of development is impossible to gauge. But experience is huge and when skill and athleticism are close in comparison...experience will win out the vast majority of the time. That is why optimism should be high for the future. Obviously, none of this can be proven only speculated and argued upon and sorry about contributing to the drift. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    Andy Kleinjan made an appearance as well. He was probably scouting for Watertown.
                    Who are we recruiting?

(I'm in Watertown)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Who are we recruiting?

(I'm in Watertown)

I get the sarcasm.

But to clarify: O'Gorman vs Brookings winner played the winner of Roosevelt vs. Watertown. That's why he was there. And loser vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbit View Post
                        Should we be able to compete in the Big 12 night in and out because of our win over Iowa St?
                        Z-O-M-G!!!! You're right!!!!

SMSU beat SDSU, SDSU beat Iowa State, therefore SMSU would KILL Iowa State!!!!!!!!

NSIC = Big Twelve.

Always knew it!

Comment

[quote]Z-O-M-G!!!! You're right!!!!

SMSU beat SDSU, SDSU beat Iowa State, therefore SMSU would KILL Iowa State!!!!!!quote]

Other "big name" teams beat by Summit teams this year:

Oregon
                          Iowa State
                          Witchita State
                          Seton Hall
                          Wisc-Milwaukee
                          Bradley
                          Valpo
                          So. Florida
                          Toledo

Comment

Good stuff Jackbit. If you want to look to the future I posted some team stats from every team in the Summit as far as who they lose and who they bring back next year. It's on the Summit League board.

Comment

Oh oh, Northern State beat SMSU in the NSIC quarterfinals this evening.

Comment

All very good points alum.

I knew one of the refs last night (he's from Aberdeen) at the game who just happened to be the one calling most of the fouls. At one point both coaches were in his ear.

Comment

Working...
                                X