Kwsn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwsn...

What is it with KWSN and what seems like their anti-SDSU bias? The other day they had Nagy on...FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! The biggest local and live M-F sports show in the state and they have the SDSU head coach on ONCE...ever? I don't listen to the local goofs that much but I know I've heard that kid that coaches Minnesota West on at least 3 times.

This morning John is talking about State losing last night in an update. He doesn't talk about the game being close and, again, has to throw out the 0-17 Summit road record. Then he talks about NDSU game and says how Centenary really made it interesting (Centenary lost by 10, SDSU by 5).

I understand KWSN is in SF and not Brookings and that they host USF games, but geez, we're talking about the only real Division One team in your state, not to mention the only one in a conference. Yesterday they spent 10 minutes talking to a guy about professional wrestling. Huh? I know I'm biased, but it's frustrating.

Re: Kwsn...

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    What is it with KWSN and what seems like their anti-SDSU bias? The other day they had Nagy on...FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! The biggest local and live M-F sports show in the state and they have the SDSU head coach on ONCE...ever? I don't listen to the local goofs that much but I know I've heard that kid that coaches Minnesota West on at least 3 times.

This morning John is talking about State losing last night in an update. He doesn't talk about the game being close and, again, has to throw out the 0-17 Summit road record. Then he talks about NDSU game and says how Centenary really made it interesting (Centenary lost by 10, SDSU by 5).

I understand KWSN is in SF and not Brookings and that they host USF games, but geez, we're talking about the only real Division One team in your state, not to mention the only one in a conference. Yesterday they spent 10 minutes talking to a guy about professional wrestling. Huh? I know I'm biased, but it's frustrating.

Didn't you know..."Rabbit Boy" is John and "Just in the Crowd" is Craig.

Yeah, Craig has long been anti-SDSU...He LOVED the NCC and will forever blame SDSU for it's demise.

From 3:00 to 5:00 Monday thru Friday, I definetly suggest turning to FM.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I think our impressive winning percentage scared them off. Let me see, a program that has had five terrible years in a row. Ya, I am going to put them on regularly. Everyone wants to hear about that type of program.

Comment

Does Michigan sports radio not talk about the Wolverines b/c they stunk in football last year?

SDSU football has been very good....yet no talk about them.

SDSU women's hoops have been great....no talk about them.

USF women's hoops has long stunk....yet they still do their games.

USF men's hoops have been bad this year....still on the radio.

Comment

KWSN is a joke. Today they announced they are dropping ESPN radio and moving to Fox Sports radio because ESPN was making them carry national broadcasts of baseball and football games and was taking away from them being able to carry Canaries and USF games. Apparently the few fans they have that listen to the local games are more vocal than others that listen to the national coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            KWSN is a joke. Today they announced they are dropping ESPN radio and moving to Fox Sports radio because ESPN was making them carry national broadcasts of baseball and football games and was taking away from them being able to carry Canaries and USF games. Apparently the few fans they have that listen to the local games are more vocal than others that listen to the national coverage.
            No kidding. I didn't listen today. Thank goodness for internet radio.

I detest Craig Mattick and the only reason I ever listen to that show is that they do know their high school sports. But his hate for SDSU makes me hate him even more. It all started with the year the Jacks women's team beat Udot to go to the Elite 8 and they did not even talk about it on their show for over an hour the next day. Hmmmmm...I think it even went beyond the demise of the NCC. Why?...we may never know the real reason.

Comment

I know I should be able to figure it out, but what is Udot?

Comment

U.

USD and their dopey logo.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_boy View Post
                  I think our impressive winning percentage scared them off. Let me see, a program that has had five terrible years in a row. Ya, I am going to put them on regularly. Everyone wants to hear about that type of program.

it wasnt too long ago penn st football wasnt doing very well. did they get rid of joepa? nope, they stuck with him and now he has them back winning again. id go tell you to go jump in a lake but theyre froze over right now and i might get in trouble for it.

Comment

speaking of kwsn, i see they arent going to renew with espn radio. they are going with fox sports.

Comment

I used to like the show when Mike Henrickson was on, but since he left...the interviewing blows and the guests are a joke. Not only do I tire of Craig's obvious contempt for all things SDSU, but his old man negativity gets old. I sometimes flip to the station to see what high school games will be on and can only take a few minutes of listening before I have to switch stations.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        speaking of kwsn, i see they arent going to renew with espn radio. they are going with fox sports.
                        This is a terrible decision. I listen to Mike&Mike every morning when I wake up and drive to work, and those guys are funny. They did a bit with a Pulp Fiction bit that had me in tears busting a gut at 7:30 AM a couple weeks ago. I have also listened to some Fox Sports and their people are awful, just awful.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          This is a terrible decision. I listen to Mike&Mike every morning when I wake up and drive to work, and those guys are funny. They did a bit with a Pulp Fiction bit that had me in tears busting a gut at 7:30 AM a couple weeks ago. I have also listened to some Fox Sports and their people are awful, just awful.
                          I'm a huge sport fan, but if I'm listening to talk radio in the morning its Bob & Tom, too funny to miss. Basically suggesting an alternative if you can't find Mike&Mike
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Well, now I can take them off the memory. Mike & Mike, Turico & Van Pelt were the only things I listened to.

The only hope is that the agreement allows them to air non-FSN shows also. I know some stations in other parts of the country used to be able to do that. If so, maybe they could get the new Dan Patrick show.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

They announced today they will have Dan Patrick, Jim Rome, and Tony Bruno among the shows they will air. I am not a Jim Rome fan. That means I will spend even less time listening to them than I do now.

There is a fact that needs corrected however. TeaJackrabbit, where did you get the idea Scott Nagy has never been on KWSN? That is not true. He used to be on 3 or 4 times during the season. It might have been awhile since he was on, but it sure wasn't his first time.

Comment

Working...
                              X