Kwsn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kwsn...

From the Argus this morning- Craig Mattick responding to the negative response of listeners to the switch- "Some callers called it a huge mistake, but that's to be expected," he said. "Human beings sometimes have a tough time with change."
    Interesting comments from someone who could not get over SDSU and NDSU moving on to bigger and better things than the NCC.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
      From the Argus this morning- Craig Mattick responding to the negative response of listeners to the switch- "Some callers called it a huge mistake, but that's to be expected," he said. "Human beings sometimes have a tough time with change."
      Interesting comments from someone who could not get over SDSU and NDSU moving on to bigger and better things than the NCC.
      Rep points. Just read that awhile ago and thought the exact same thing.

Hey Craig, look in the mirror dumb @$$.

Comment

Yeah I think it is a big mistake to drop ESPN. How many people if they have a choice are going to listen to ESPN or FOX? The bonus in all of this though is that the Craig and John show get expanded from 3-5 to 3-6. That makes it all better(sarcasm)

Comment

Mike and Mike will truly be missed. Watching them on ESPN2 and then listening in the car on the way to work is a morning ritual.

I'll be interested to hear Patrick again. At the end of his ESPN radio days I had tired of him, so maybe his Fox show will be more refreshing.

Tirico is too bland, but I like Van Pelt, especially his gambling suggestions during football season.

KWSN will definately lose me permanently until noon to internet ESPN radio to hear Mike & Mike and The Herd. If Rome's on after noon, I'll stick with my ESPN radio, that guy's unbearable.

All in all. Poor decision by KWSN in my opinion. No offense to those that do, but how many people are really listening to their live game feeds on the radio? I turn the channel during almost every one unless it's a h.s. game with a little intrigue.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            I'm a huge sport fan, but if I'm listening to talk radio in the morning its Bob & Tom, too funny to miss. Basically suggesting an alternative if you can't find Mike&Mike
            Bob and Tom are quite funny, but a bit too crude at times for my taste. I'm kinda an old fuddy-duddy.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
              Mike and Mike will truly be missed. Watching them on ESPN2 and then listening in the car on the way to work is a morning ritual.

I'll be interested to hear Patrick again. At the end of his ESPN radio days I had tired of him, so maybe his Fox show will be more refreshing.

Tirico is too bland, but I like Van Pelt, especially his gambling suggestions during football season.

KWSN will definately lose me permanently until noon to internet ESPN radio to hear Mike & Mike and The Herd. If Rome's on after noon, I'll stick with my ESPN radio, that guy's unbearable.

All in all. Poor decision by KWSN in my opinion. No offense to those that do, but how many people are really listening to their live game feeds on the radio? I turn the channel during almost every one unless it's a h.s. game with a little intrigue.
              Is ESPN radio free on the internet? I agree that this is a dumb move by KWSN.

I also agree with the sentiment of the local afternoon talk show "Craig and John." Is it really true that Nagy has only been on once? Unbelievable. IMHO, there is too much emphasis on the high school sports and not enough on the local college scene. I for one could care less about the Dell Rapids Quariers and most likely, only Dell Rapids residents, care about the Quariers. They could even talk more Vikings, Twins, etc. as well ...

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Nagy has been on more than once.

Talking with neighbors this morning and nobody gets this. Very few listen to the live games, they go to them if interested, and the road games are not high importance. Some high school games are followed, but not even as much as the college.

I am interested to hear Dan Patrick again. have listened a few times on the internet from si.com.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjacks View Post
                  Yep, just espnradio.com. I'm not sure if you need anything special for their streaming or not. Both of the computers I have are adequate and it runs smooth. One of the olders ones I had it was a little "herky jerky". I don't know if that was the connection or the computer.

John Gaskins has been a little more refreshing than Bob Laskowski. He brings a little youth to the show and has a couple of decent connections in the Cities for some pro sports talk. I've noticed the last couple of times TV has been on the show, it has been when Craig has been gone and it's only John. Coincidence...I think not. TV was very rarely on the show when it was Craig and Bob. He even made a comment quite awhile ago on his blog the radio guys in Fargo had him on more often than KWSN. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                    John Gaskins has been a little more refreshing than Bob Laskowski. He brings a little youth to the show and has a couple of decent connections in the Cities for some pro sports talk. I've noticed the last couple of times TV has been on the show, it has been when Craig has been gone and it's only John. Coincidence...I think not. TV was very rarely on the show when it was Craig and Bob. He even made a comment quite awhile ago on his blog the radio guys in Fargo had him on more often than KWSN. Pathetic.
                    If TV has been on the radio more in Fargo than KWSN, I agree that is pathetic and completely unacceptable.

Comment

My take on the "Number 1 Sports Talk Show in the Sioux Empire". Can you really call yourself no. 1 if you are the only one? The only reason Mattick has a job as talk show host is because he is program director and Gaskins is a Cowherd mini-me. I for one am have taken Craig's advice many times when he says if I don't like what they talk about to listen to someone else.

I would love to have someone else down in SF to listen to when it comes to sports talk. They don't even have to be pro SDSU. Be impartial and leave the judgments to the listeners.

Comment

Originally posted by sf_jackster View Post
                        Yeah I think it is a big mistake to drop ESPN. How many people if they have a choice are going to listen to ESPN or FOX? The bonus in all of this though is that the Craig and John show get expanded from 3-5 to 3-6. That makes it all better(sarcasm)
                        You know what that means? An extra hour of "news and notes"! How many times do they have to do that in a show.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjacks View Post

I also agree with the sentiment of the local afternoon talk show "Craig and John." Is it really true that Nagy has only been on once? Unbelievable. IMHO, there is too much emphasis on the high school sports and not enough on the local college scene. I for one could care less about the Dell Rapids Quariers and most likely, only Dell Rapids residents, care about the Quariers. They could even talk more Vikings, Twins, etc. as well ...
                          Do you only read the first line of these posts? Nagy has been on KWSN several times before.

Complain about the station all you want, and I will agree with most of it. But please get your facts straight.

Comment

My take... (I know you all have been on the edge of your seat waiting for me to give my opinion). I rarely listen to the show anymore. Craig and his negative/narrow point of view is just too hard to listen to. Now, I thought John was pretty good but the last few chances I have had to listen he is starting down the Craig road (If I hear "That's why we went D-I" in that snarky tone again I will rip my radio out). But I will give him credit. I have seen him on press row at SDSU games taking notes and I have been told that if he is not doing a game he is attending games and taking notes.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

We WERE waiting EQ!

I agree about the negativity. The 2 guys just don't seem to mesh at all.

Comment

There is an entire list of reasons not to listen to these guys, but generally speaking they don't seem that knowledgable. I have friends who are more knowledgable about sports than these guys. It just seems like I should be able to hear something more intelligent from guys who get paid to talk about sports than guys sitting on a bar stool. The other obvious complaint is their selection of topics. They seem OK when talking about high school sports, but who is really interested in the GPAC or USF or Dakota Wesleyan baseball? Their college sports conversations are about topics no one cares about.

As far as the attitude towards SDSU, I agree with everyone else. But all bias aside, there are some basic reasons they're not interesting as I stated above. BTW, if you ever get a chance to listen to Mike Henrikson on Sportsmax....don't. He at least as bad as the guys still on KWSN and I can't believe the guy makes a living being such an idiot. I think he's another case of being the only show in town. People don't listen because he's good, they listen because he's the only one who's talking.

Comment

Working...
                                X