Kwsn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kwsn...

Do you suppose TV was referring to Craig in his Blog today?
    Good catch! It kind of seems he's directing at least a little part towards whats-his-name when he talks about the GPAC, NSIC and NAIA and such. Just a little slap but it appears he too is getting sick of the "snarky" comments.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Do you suppose TV was referring to Craig in his Blog today?

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...rgusleader.com

I think there are more skeptics than KWSN and Craig that sneer at the Summit League.

TV seems to have too much class to take specific swipes at any individual. Also I am sure TV would like to be on KWSN in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Technically, no they didn't.

Exhibition. Means the game doesn't count. It didn't go on either team's schedule as a win or as a loss. It was an exhibition. Which means it was essentially a scrimmage that SDSU opened up to fans and charged admission.

Make that game one that counted on the schedule, and SDSU wins by 20. Or more.
        +26 Rep points

Maybe the greatest post ever on this board!

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
          Oh come on. That's laughable.
          Based on what your saying the Detroit Lions were 4-16 this year since they were 4-0 in exhibition games. We need to inform the NFL the Lions were NOT the first 0-16 team.

Comment

Does Craig whasisface really deserve the time and attention he's getting on this board?

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
              Sorry but you've lectured him on some of his posts. He's starting random threads, making things up that aren't true, ticking off Mike Henrickson and then apologizing the next minute with his tail between his legs. It's getting old.
              You really should reread TeaJackrabbit's posts and you will discover he didn't say anything about Mike. It was RabbitinTea and he never apologized for anything, because he stuck to his opinion. Get your facts straight before you start calling people names.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                Based on what your saying the Detroit Lions were 4-16 this year since they were 4-0 in exhibition games. We need to inform the NFL the Lions were NOT the first 0-16 team.
                It might've been an exhibition game, but it is still a game we should not have lost. Don't you agree?

The analogy of the Lions winning their preseason games isn't applicable in this case either. The Lions were playing teams in their league, SDSU was playing a team from a lower tier leagues. Those are just facts. I don't like them anymore than you do.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjacks View Post
                  Those are just facts. I don't like them anymore than you do.
                  Michigan State lost to Grand Valley State last season in an exhibition game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3092661

Does that mean that Grand Valley State was better than Michigan State or that Michigan State would've finished anywhere besides first place in the GLIAC?

This haze of nagy-tivity leads to some obviously flawed assumptions. ONE loss to an NSIC school HARDLY reduces SDSU to PARITY with the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    Michigan State lost to Grand Valley State last season in an exhibition game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3092661

Does that mean that Grand Valley State was better than Michigan State or that Michigan State would've finished anywhere besides first place in the GLIAC?

This haze of nagy-tivity leads to some obviously flawed assumptions. ONE loss to an NSIC school HARDLY reduces SDSU to PARITY with the NSIC.
                    I was furious about and embarrassed by the loss to SWMS in an exhibition game. Then, I realized with the help of some friends, that my anger and frustration was justified but that didn't change the fact that the team lost an exhibition, not a game. They aren't the same thing and the two teams approached the exhibition very differently. I still wish we wouldn't have lost that exhibition and the direction this thread has taken is the exact reason.

KWSN feels it has found its place in the SD radio world, that place includes Craig M. so it doesn't include me as a listener. I'd love to see a competing station challenge them with alternate sports programming but I guess that isn't in the cards right now. So, I listen to WNAX and XM radio while down south while sprinkling in a little 910 when I'm up north.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It might've been an exhibition game, but it is still a game we should not have lost. Don't you agree?

The analogy of the Lions winning their preseason games isn't applicable in this case either. The Lions were playing teams in their league, SDSU was playing a team from a lower tier leagues. Those are just facts. I don't like them anymore than you do.
                      HUH? In my best AI impersonation, "Practice, we're talking practice here."

Comment

I attend a lot of basketball games around the area. I've seen NSIC, Jack's games, and even high school games. I watched Brayden Carlson play last night. He will look good in a Jack's uniform.

I attended the Augie vs. Mankato game last week at the Elmen Center and neither of those teams are even close to the Summit League. Both teams had quality players for Div. II, but the game is so much faster in Div. I. Neither team had any go-to-guy that would be able to get a shot off at any time. I'm sure a couple of them could get some minutes in the Summit, but there is no comparison between the two, let alone talking about the GPAC. That's a ridiculous comparison.

We, Jack's fans, have to realize that this is going to take a few years for the general public to get up to par with the Summit League. This isn't going to happen over night. Take a friend to a game or try and get some friends to watch a game on TV. Take them up for a tailgating experience and for a football game. They will realize it is much better basketball (and football) overall. The men's and especially the women's play some high caliber teams out of conference. (Although we would like to see the men play better teams). It will take time and commitment, but this weekend is really going to get people excited about Summit League basketball in this area. It will be interesting to see what is written after this weekend. A couple of Jack's wins will greatly improve the Jack Nation following, although I don't really think that's going to happen. We can wish, but I am trying to be realistic in this post.

In five years, the Summit League will be the premier basketball to watch in the area. Not GPAC or NSIC~The Summit League. The addition of USD, although many won't like, will further enhance that scenario. But like I stated above, these things won't happen over night. It will take time, commitment, putting up with annoying radio show hosts (who are just doing their job), and being a loyal Jack's fan. Make sure you're wearing yellow and blue when attending these games this weekend. I think we'll be seeing a lot of Blue, Yellow, and probably a lot of Green in there as well. Make sure people know about the Jacks!
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I too was at the Brookings-O'G game watching Brayden play last night. (I was the one on the O'G side wearing a SDSU pullover) Was Nagy there? From where I was sitting it looked like Nagy was possibly sitting behind the Brookings bench, halfway up. Anyway, I'm sure Brayden will enjoy it when he gets to State and he's not double teamed.

Comment

[quote]The addition of USD, although many won't like, will further enhance that scenario. [quote]

I welcome the addition of USD to the Summit. I remember full well the USD people taking shots at SDSU saying D1 will never work, SDSU won't recruit SoDak kids, etc, etc, etc. And how State has paved the way, doing all the hard work and making it soooooo much easier for USD, etc.

But, suddenly the Summit will get twice the coverage and have twice the name recognition in South Dakota. I would love to see the Summit add UND as well and have two divisions. SDSU, USD, NDSU, UND, UMKC, SUU in the North Division and ORU, IUPUI, IPFW, Oakland, WIU and Cent in the South and you play each team in your division twice, the others once. It would cut down on the travel and build rivalries.

Comment

I do agree and I agree 100%. Do you think the Jack's players went into the game thinking we'll just play about 50% since this is just an exhibitoin game? Do you think Nagy was thinking that? If you do why did he play all his starters their normal minutes? Look at the stats, all 5 starters got the same amount of minutes they got in all the non-exhibition games. Let me say that I AM a Jack's fan as my screen name states but let's not fool ourselves this was a loss regardless of what the title of the game was. Southwest State outplayed that Jacks at Frost, those are the facts. And let's give SW State some credit they are a good basketball team. The top 5 or 6 teams in the NSIC are good basketball teams. Do I think these teams could win the Summit? No, I do not but I think the top few teams in the NSIC would post 5+ wins maybe even get to .500. By the way Matt Cadwell, the SDSU transfer, is an average player in the NSIC at best and I know he led SDSU in scoring in several games when he was there. If I remember right he had close to 30 points when they played at Minnesota he was their lone bright spot. I saw him play at Augie earlier in the year and was just average with 14 points.

Comment

Oh My GOD!!!! The damn game happened back in November 2008. Can't we get back to bitching about Craig.
                                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X