Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 recruits

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    Looks like the Jacks have an offer out to a 6'6 PG from Wisconsin.

Paul Jesperson

Anyone who doubts how much the game of basketball has changed ponder the bold above: 6-6 point guard. Before George Gervin some coach would have stuck this kid with his back to the basket at about age 12 and from that point on he wouldn't have seen the rim except in spin moves and rebounding someone else's shot.

What's changed its game more:
    6-6 point guards?
    Or 260-pound running backs?

Comment

MN Preps reporting that Waconia, MN junior-to-be Shelby Moats has been offered by SDSU

Comment

Who's Shane Benton? He's listed as a junior from Linn-Mar HS in Marion, Iowa, but there doesn't seem to be much on him.

Scott Nagy's following him via Twitter (and vice versa).

It seems that Nagy's using Twitter as a recruiting tool more than AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          Who's Shane Benton? He's listed as a junior from Linn-Mar HS in Marion, Iowa, but there doesn't seem to be much on him.
          He's a 6'3" guard. Here is a link to him winning a dunk contest and a list of rankings for 2011. He is #24 on list.

http://iowaprepsports.com/2009/03/21...-their-stuffs/

http://iahoops.blogspot.com/2009/04/...-rankings.html
          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
            He's a 6'3" guard. Here is a link to him winning a dunk contest and a list of rankings for 2011. He is #24 on list.

http://iowaprepsports.com/2009/03/21...-their-stuffs/

http://iahoops.blogspot.com/2009/04/...-rankings.html
            That must have been some team for Lin-Mar. They have three ranked players for the class of 2011.

4. Matt Bohannon 6-1 Linn-Mar
            17. Josh Montague 6-5 Linn-Mar
            24. Shane Benton 6-3 Linn-Mar

In addition, they have a 6-6 forward ranked #20 for the 2010 class, and the older Bohannon is the #5 ranked player for 2009.

I also noticed that Iowa Hoops has Heemstra and Dykstra ranked #3 and #4 for 2010. No small feat considering #1 Barnes is still considered #1 in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
              That must have been some team for Lin-Mar. They have three ranked players for the class of 2011.

4. Matt Bohannon 6-1 Linn-Mar
              17. Josh Montague 6-5 Linn-Mar
              24. Shane Benton 6-3 Linn-Mar

In addition, they have a 6-6 forward ranked #20 for the 2010 class, and the older Bohannon is the #5 ranked player for 2009.

I also noticed that Iowa Hoops has Heemstra and Dykstra ranked #3 and #4 for 2010. No small feat considering #1 Barnes is still considered #1 in the nation.
              Yah, I saw those other two listed too. Pretty nice line-up.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Some more on Shelby Moats, maybe this has been quoted. From Cornell website.

http://cornellbasketball.blogspot.co...g-news_11.html

MinnesotaPreps.com reports that Shelby Moats, a 6'8" forward from Waconia, Minnesota is gettign recruitment attention from Harvard, Penn, Princeton, UW-Green Bay, UW-Milwaukee, South Dakota State, Iowa State, University of Denver, Butler, Northern Iowa, Colorado State, Minnesota, Liberty University, and Iowa. His high school coach, Pat Hayes noted, "UW-Green Bay, UW-Milwaukee, and South Dakota State have offered. Denver, Butler, Northern Iowa, and Colorado State are visiting.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Boy SDSU seems to have a number of offers floating around the upper midwest. I hope someone is keeping a log. Seriously though I can appreciate what they need to do to get the best. Offer everyone that fits your mold and expect to be turndowned maybe 3 out of 4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Boy SDSU seems to have a number of offers floating around the upper midwest. I hope someone is keeping a log. Seriously though I can appreciate what they need to do to get the best. Offer everyone that fits your mold and expect to be turndowned maybe 3 out of 4 times.
                    You'll never get a player that you don't offer, friend Nidaros! Just kidding an old friend guys...but seriously, when you've got a number of recruits you want, and the competition wants them too, the offers are a must. Remember we're talking about players who are just starting their junior year. The competition heats up considerably later this year.

Comment

• Re: 2011 recruits

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      You'll never get a player that you don't offer, friend Nidaros! Just kidding an old friend guys...but seriously, when you've got a number of recruits you want, and the competition wants them too, the offers are a must. Remember we're talking about players who are just starting their junior year. The competition heats up considerably later this year.
                      I sure Coach Nagy has someone on the staff and it could be himself who is tracking the offers. I agree with what your saying, its just that it seem offers were all over the place, and I am sure acceptence will be less than 25%. I would think Coach Nagy would like to have problem of every offer being accepted, then what? In recruiting I think the coaches would to have tough choices to make between more than one candidate.

Comment

With Jordan Dykstra's verbal committment we are done with recruiting for 2010. We have 4 schollies for 2011 and one will go to Horstman from Winner. Does anyone know a list of players that State has offered for 2011? I don't think anyone else in South Dakota will get an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
                          With Jordan Dykstra's verbal committment we are done with recruiting for 2010. We have 4 schollies for 2011 and one will go to Horstman from Winner. Does anyone know a list of players that State has offered for 2011? I don't think anyone else in South Dakota will get an offer.
                          We have an offers out to 6'6" PG out of Wisconsin, Paul Jesperson & 6'8 PF out of Waconia, MN Shelby Moats.

http://fe1.rivals.sports.ac4.yahoo.c...y-Moats-101375
                          http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...esperson-88940

We have interest in 6'5" SF from Lakeville, MN Alex Richter & in 6'7 SF from Chaska, MN Jake White.

http://fe1.rivals.sports.ac4.yahoo.c...ke-White-99244
                          http://fe1.rivals.sports.ac4.yahoo.c...-Richter-99876

It has also been mentioned that we have been looking at PG Jacobson from Viborg, SD.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
                            These kids are juniors? Sounds like this summer will be a busy one for the coaches if they plan on filling three more spots. Is one of those spots saved for Brayden Carlson? So essentially they need to fill 2 more spots? Please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure on this.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              These kids are juniors? Sounds like this summer will be a busy one for the coaches if they plan on filling three more spots. Is one of those spots saved for Brayden Carlson? So essentially they need to fill 2 more spots? Please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure on this.
                              I believe Brayden Carlson is already on scholarship,even if he does end up redshirting.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                Marcus Heemstra and Jordan Dykstra are seniors at Rock Valley High School.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X