Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 recruits

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    I heard there were some college coaches at the game last night to watch Horstman. Didn't hear any names. I am guessing he will receive some opportunities to play above the mid-major level.
    http://www.dakotaschoolers.com/news.html

Well, he has already verbally committed to SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
      I heard there were some college coaches at the game last night to watch Horstman. Didn't hear any names. I am guessing he will receive some opportunities to play above the mid-major level.
      I heard sheep. Know what I saw?
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Anything can happen during recruiting, just because he has verballed does not mean this is where he will end up. All that matters is when he signs on the dotted line.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
          Anything can happen during recruiting, just because he has verballed does not mean this is where he will end up. All that matters is when he signs on the dotted line.
          I think everyone here is aware of that. We have had the same discussion about many other recruits. As a first post hare stated that he heard there were other college coaches watching the game. Didn't provide any real information. UW replied with the fact that Zach GAVE HIS WORD to Coach Nagy.

Not sure what you are implying our perhaps you are just trying to inform the informed. Still doesn't answer the question. Where were these "college coaches" from?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            I think everyone here is aware of that. We have had the same discussion about many other recruits. As a first post hare stated that he heard there were other college coaches watching the game. Didn't provide any real information. UW replied with the fact that Zach GAVE HIS WORD to Coach Nagy.

Not sure what you are implying our perhaps you are just trying to inform the informed. Still doesn't answer the question. Where were these "college coaches" from?
            The reason I said that is because he is going to have some interest from other schools, and just because he GAVE HIS WORD, does not mean he wouldn't look at other options he may have. I bet we will hear where some of the coaches are from sooner than later.

Comment

The reason I said that is because he is going to have some interest from other schools, and just because he GAVE HIS WORD, does not mean he wouldn't look at other options he may have. I bet we will hear where some of the coaches are from sooner than later.
              You are walking down a road that has been traveled before, and it is best if you just let the journey end right here.

Translation: we heard the same thing about Fiegen and White, and that turned out fine, but there was a lot of threats and name-calling that pi$$ed off a lot of people. No need to re-visit that and ruin your reputation.

Comment

I guess I am just an optimist.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

I agree everyone here is aware of that, but I think bigblue was just trying to keep a level view on the situation which I don't think is a bad thing. I don't think he was implying anything with his post. Horstmann does have two more years after this, but I still think he will be a Jackrabbit no matter what. Horstmann is probably what, 16. Its a monumental decision to make for such a young person. At 16, I didn't know anything about anything, and many people would say I still don't.

I do, however, understand the frustration with a random first post making a comment like that and not giving any solid facts to back it up. Coaches will probably look. I wouldn't fault them (though I don't like it), considering the numbers he puts up and the talent he must possess.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jackwatcher View Post
                    You are walking down a road that has been traveled before, and it is best if you just let the journey end right here.

Translation: we heard the same thing about Fiegen and White, and that turned out fine, but there was a lot of threats and name-calling that pi$$ed off a lot of people. No need to re-visit that and ruin your reputation.
                    We did hear the same thing about White and Fiegen but bigblue is NOT I repeat IS NOT, claiming that anything will happen. All he stated is that coaches will look, which they will. Hard to imagine that can ruin a reputation. At least I hope it doesn't because we should be able to have open dialogue here. As long as its good discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      We did hear the same thing about White and Fiegen but bigblue is NOT I repeat IS NOT, claiming that anything will happen. All he stated is that coaches will look, which they will. Hard to imagine that can ruin a reputation. At least I hope it doesn't.
                      I, in no way, meant to imply the bigblue had anymore to say than what we all already knew. A verbal commitment is just that. If it isn't on paper with your signature on it its just your word. For some of us that is worth a lot more than others.

As for rumors about coaches being at the game, that's a whole different can of worms and I'd like some facts.

Comment

Great night Zach!!!

It's great to see good things happen to a good kid. The only thing better would have been the win. I'm sure Zach feels this way.

To all of you that Zach will opt for something different, you need to get off that train. I know he is already looking forward to playing again with ex-Schooler teamates Carlson, White, & Fiegen. His family been able to attend games easily is also a big consideration for him.

Here to you Zach getting you teamates up for a win in Districts against PG and then on to STATE

Comment

There probably was some college coaches there, but that doesn't mean they were looking at Zach. It's likely there was some coaches looking at some of the Platte kids.

Comment

Just so everyone knows, I am not trying to get everyone riled up. I'm not saying he is going anywhere or that his word is not good. He is young man with a bright future ahead of him. I too would like to know who the coaches are as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              There probably was some college coaches there, but that doesn't mean they were looking at Zach. It's likely there was some coaches looking at some of the Platte kids.
                              Good observation MR. That's the problem with the post and dash like we got from hareball. No real information at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                Could be. Johnson and Ringling are going to play football at USF and Cutler has it narrowed down to basketball at a couple of NAIA schools in the state.

Comment

Working...
                                X