2011 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

From GoldenSports, Jesperson attracting Big 10 attention. I think we have offered him.

Paul Jesperson, a 6-foot-6 junior wing from Merrill (WI) High, attended the Minnesota-Michigan State game Saturday. Jesperson has attracted interest from several other Midwest programs, including Minnesota.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here is a good article on Zach.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/spor...cc4c03286.html
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Coach Mueller & Coach Drake have both been around for quite a few years now and have seen their share of talent come before them. Sounds like the kid can play - haven't had the chance to see him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
          Rep points for the article. We all know he can play, nice to see he appears to be a real good kid and have the right attitude. Future is so bright.

Comment

I know this isn't the right thread, but it seemed like a waste to start a whole new thread for one kid. Has anybody seen Pierre play this year? They are very young, but they have a potential STUD freshman. I don't remember his first name, but his last is Hanson. The programs list him at 6'6". Does anybody know any more about him?
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              I know this isn't the right thread, but it seemed like a waste to start a whole new thread for one kid. Has anybody seen Pierre play this year? They are very young, but they have a potential STUD freshman. I don't remember his first name, but his last is Hanson. The programs list him at 6'6". Does anybody know any more about him?
              His name is Zach Hanson. He's a solid freshman center, he's still growing. I watched him play against Brookings in January. The Brookings Register's Twitter page had a couple of blurbs about him during the game. There was also a mention made about their freshman guard Lane Severyn. I've heard both are being projected as mid to high major kids, with Hanson potentially being the next Cody Larson/Colton Iverson type recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
                Zach Horstman, our 2011 verbal, had a nice game against Luverne, Minnesota. He scored 39 points and had 7 rebounds. That is not a bad day for a sophomore.
                I thought he was a Junior? Either way great game Zach.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                  His name is Zach Hanson. He's a solid freshman center, he's still growing. I watched him play against Brookings in January. The Brookings Register's Twitter page had a couple of blurbs about him during the game. There was also a mention made about their freshman guard Lane Severyn. I've heard both are being projected as mid to high major kids, with Hanson potentially being the next Cody Larson/Colton Iverson type recruit.
                  That's good to know. Thanks.
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                    I thought he was a Junior? Either way great game Zach.

GBGBGJ
                    Correct...a junior.

He did drop 50 on the 2nd best A team in the state last year as a soph though.

This has me salivating.....

Wolters 6'3 SR
                    Horstman 6'5 SO
                    White 6'6 rsJR
                    Dykstra 6'8 JR
                    Heemstra 6'9 JR
                    and....
                    Carlson 6'5 rsJR
                    Rader 6'8 rsSR
                    Fiegen 6'7 SR
                    and that doesn't even include any of the four kids we'll sign next year or the year after. Imagine f we keep getting kids like the ones above?

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                      Asst. Coach Klink was in Pierre this past week from what I've heard. Both of these kids are on the radar and have been for some time.

Comment

If anybody wants to watch, Horstman will be playing in the State A tournament at 2:45 today. Streaming video with some sort of announcers.

http://sports.sdpb.org/abasketball.htm

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Hortsma struggled a bit in his first game against McCook Central/Montrose but played well today vs Crow Creek.

Zach's Lines

vs McCook Central/Montrose
                          18 pts, 3 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl, 3 TO

FG= 9-22 41%
                          3P= 0-7
                          FT= 0-2

vs Crow Creek
                          18 pts, 2 reb, 8 ast, 3 stl, 7 TO

FG= 7-11 41%
                          3P= 0-1
                          FT= 4-6

http://www.dakstats.com/Websync/Page...5200&plr=65910

Comment

Joel Lindberg 6'2 guard out of Superior WI reportedly has an offer from SDSU.
                            Last edited by JACKGUYII; 04-01-2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Joel Lindberg 6'2 guard out of Superior WI reportedly has an offer from SDSU.
                              What's going on here I thought we were pretty set on a roster of guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                What's going on here I thought we were pretty set on a roster of guards.
                                We're talking 2011 here good friend. Clint will be gone, and if rumors are true, so will Palarca. Hortsman is our only recruit for that year so far, and he is more a 3 from what I read. Always looking for big men, of course, but always watching for outstanding 6'2 guards as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X