Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
    With Jordan Dykstra's verbal committment we are done with recruiting for 2010. We have 4 schollies for 2011 and one will go to Horstman from Winner. Does anyone know a list of players that State has offered for 2011? I don't think anyone else in South Dakota will get an offer.

Does the Jacobsen kid have a shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Marcus Heemstra and Jordan Dykstra are seniors at Rock Valley High School.
      Sorry. I meant the 2011 recruits (Wisconsin kids, Jacobsen, etc.)
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
        Does the Jacobsen kid have a shot?
        I don't know, I would of thought if SDSU would have offered, they would of by now (maybe they have), or maybe coach is taking a little more time on him to see if he grows a little bit, (he is a lil undersized)..... he would probably be the only other guy SDSU would offer....

Comment

Any chance with an available schollie that they persuade Vlastulin to give it one more shot? I would not put that out of the realm of possibilities.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Any chance with an available schollie that they persuade Vlastulin to give it one more shot? I would not put that out of the realm of possibilities.
            I guess they could try to persuade him, but I don't think he has any interest in playing college basketball. He's got a stout track scholarship, and the triple jump causes quite a bit less strain on the body long term than basketball.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              I guess they could try to persuade him, but I don't think he has any interest in playing college basketball. He's got a stout track scholarship, and the triple jump causes quite a bit less strain on the body long term than basketball.
              Agreed long term it might, But the pounds per square inch of strain on knee and ankle joints triple jumping is nothing to shake a stick at. Originally he wanted Basketball, so maybe he still might want a new challenge instead of blowing out the compitition at track meets. Maybe the thought of playing with the Madison and rock valley kids could be to much to turn away.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

So is this Vlastuin thing the new Matt Jones conspiracy of the message board or what? HE ISN'T PLAYING BASKETBALL AT SDSU, he is running track, and doing it very well considering he was just conference athlete of the week.

Comment

Im just thinkin out loud. He is pretty much going to dominate the track compition and do quite well at it. I wouldnt be surprised if the thought atleast enters his mind. Not saying he would but lets just look at it this way, can be one of the greatest track jumpers and athletes we have ever had. Or he joins the mens team for a year or 2 to make the NCAA tourny. Either way its a win win for SDSU and fans of each sport. Not tryin to stire stuff up, but more or less just ruminating. Ruminating as in, thinking something over, not as in chewing half digesting food.

Comment

Not a chance that it would ever happen. There is not enough time to commit to more than one sport. The days of 2-4 sport collegiate athletes are pretty much over at the d1 level.

Comment

Im just thinkin out loud. He is pretty much going to dominate the track compition and do quite well at it. I wouldnt be surprised if the thought atleast enters his mind. Not saying he would but lets just look at it this way, can be one of the greatest track jumpers and athletes we have ever had. Or he joins the mens team for a year or 2 to make the NCAA tourny. Either way its a win win for SDSU and fans of each sport. Not tryin to stire stuff up, but more or less just ruminating. Ruminating as in, thinking something over, not as in chewing half digesting food.
                      Sorry if I came off harsh, but this has been discussed about 20 different times over the last couple seasons and based on what I've heard from Nagy in interviews, its not something that is going to happen.

Comment

I agree it's highly improbable that Vlastuin will ever play basketball for the Jacks, but it sure would be fun to see someone with his leaping ability to throw one down at Frost!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          Sorry if I came off harsh, but this has been discussed about 20 different times over the last couple seasons and based on what I've heard from Nagy in interviews, its not something that is going to happen.
                          I know, it didnt take it too harsh. When it was discussed, The outlook for the mens team I dont think was looking to promising. Now It just seems more plausible with the situation that is surrounding the team. I have no other information to base this on but only my mind and a slow day at work.

Comment

The ONLY way he would become a member of the basketball team would be in 2012 after his track elgibility ran out and he would like to play 1 year and have the best wishes of the coaching staff to allow this to happen.... personally I think the scholarship would be better spent going after a high school player that has played something more then pickup ball for the previous 4 years.... Nothing against Vlastuin, I know his brother pretty well and he would of loved to have played basketball for SDSU at one time but it is a different time now and it just isn't going to happen.... (watch it happen now)

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              The ONLY way he would become a member of the basketball team would be in 2012 after his track elgibility ran out and he would like to play 1 year and have the best wishes of the coaching staff to allow this to happen.... personally I think the scholarship would be better spent going after a high school player that has played something more then pickup ball for the previous 4 years.... Nothing against Vlastuin, I know his brother pretty well and he would of loved to have played basketball for SDSU at one time but it is a different time now and it just isn't going to happen.... (watch it happen now)
                              Jinx

Comment

I got to say Zach H. tonight. He is very quick for his size and I love the pull up jumper he has. He also had a dunk and 23 points in a win over Pine Ridge. He would beat one defender, blow past the help, and score over a third defender. Very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X