2011 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

Hope 2 hear some good news in the next few days. For Mr.Baker, Brookings is MUCH nicer than Little Rock. On a side note. You know what they say about family reunions in Arkansas? It is a great place to meet chicks!

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
      Hope 2 hear some good news in the next few days. For Mr.Baker, Brookings is MUCH nicer than Little Rock. On a side note. You know what they say about family reunions in Arkansas? It is a great place to meet chicks!

Wow - really, do we need to go there with our civil, first-time visitor from Little Rock?

Fond memories of Doe's - and Little Rock is a nice city...

Welcome to the board, MJS... glad to have you.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
        mjs.....thanks for the interesting post and welcome to the board

YanktonRabbit.....really???....c'mon we are better than that...

Comment

I'm typically pretty good with geography, so it surprised me when I google mapped the distance from Bakers hometown and found out that SDSU is actually a closer drive than Little Rock.

It'll be interesting to see which school Baker chooses. ULR has some nice things going for them that was previously mentioned: New stadium, NCAA Tourney birth, immediate playing time. It probably doesn't hurt that the weather is horrible this weekend for a spring day in South Dakota. It's shame too because nothing is better than a beautiful spring day in South Dakota.

Comment

No offense taken. I'm sure most SDSU fans are great folks.

It is interesting that his hometown is closer to SDSU than Little Rock. I was going to map it out myself, but was too lazy. My son goes to KU, in Lawrence, and its only about a 6 and a half hour drive from Little Rock. I've given up trying to figure out what decision a kid will make or why. We just lost a 6'10" Arkansas kid to UTEP. We recruited him for 4 years and his dad does color for our games on radio. On the other hand, we signed a 6'10" kid from England (Will Neighbour) who was getting serious interest from SEC and Big East schools before he got hurt before this season. He was a Top 15 Juco according to Sporting News before this season. Now no recruiting services list him- I guess because he got hurt and he signed with "lowly" UALR.

Comment

mjs,

Can you give us your opinion on the potential of UALR joining the Summit League. Would UALR consider it and would you be in favor of it. How good is the Sun Belt for basketball.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

There has been some talk about it on our board. Our AD was apparently quoted as saying he has talked to folks at the Summit League office "just in case". When Denver leaves for the WAC, we will be the only nonfootball playing team in the Belt. I don't see the Belt kicking us out, but football has gotten increased emphasis. Myself and others believe this has hurt Sun Belt basketball which used to be "high" midmajor and is not more realistically "low" midmajor. The main advantage for us in the Belt is geographic- I think Little Rock is pretty much centrally located. The Sun Belt tournament has been in Hot Springs, AR (50 minutes from Little Rock), the past 3 years, and just signed a 3 year extension. We also have a number of Belt schools that are a short drive from Little Rock, and our biggest rival, Arkansas State, is in the Belt. ORU would be our closest rival in the Summit, with Centenary now gone. UMKC would be pretty close as well. Still, while many of our fans complain about the Belt it really is a very good fit for us at this time and I don't see us moving. There is a possibility that at some point football may change that (I really don't see us adding football, but who knows). I think, in a lot of ways, our programs and conferences are quite similar. I guess that's why we are recruiting the same young man.

Comment

Does anybody know if anyone else was on campus this weekend? (other then Cougill & Baker) as well as does anyone know what the average official visit consist of?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    Does anybody know if anyone else was on campus this weekend? (other then Cougill & Baker) as well as does anyone know what the average official visit consist of?
                    Zach Monghan is in town.. he told me as much. and on another note Cougill came in with coach N. and watched a brief portion of the cheer tryouts.
                    i must say.. that is one large human being..

Comment

any news on how the weekend went? I haven't heard anything either way.

Comment

Both Zachs were in town. Cougill making a decision sometime this week. Not sure about Baker.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          any news on how the weekend went? I haven't heard anything either way.
                          I don't know about Baker but i heard Cougill's visit went well. He hung out with Clint quite a bit on Friday night. Saturday he scrimmaged with the team and i understand he played pretty well. Sounds like it's between the Jacks and Green Bay, and i don't think he's really talking to anybody else.

With playing time available at the post and being 2 hrs. from Sioux City,i REALLY like our chances.

FWIW, someone on another site posted a quote from Cougill where he said he was hoping to decide by tomorrow.

Comment

Well I hope we get them both.

Comment

Iowa board is saying he verballed to WGB Damn

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                Iowa board is saying he verballed to WGB Damn
                                This is what I had heard as well. Too bad.

Here's the Iowa Message Board: http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?f...id=940&style=2
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X