Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

TV says

Men's basketball recruiting update: Big Brennan Cougill - formerly of Iowa - does have an offer from SDSU and plans on making a visit, according to Kirkwood Community College coach Doug Wagemester. Meanwhile, another juco big with an offer from the Jacks, Jarrell Crayton, will visit Boise State this weekend and then review his options, said Sheridan College coach Steve Smiley.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...ItemsPerPage=5

Comment

http://thegazette.com/2011/04/05/mul...medium=twitter

here is an update on Washpun, does not currently mention us. Goes along with what I've heard, he visited NDSU, liked it but with Cully Payne transferring at Iowa and with Tennessee and Missouri State on him my guess is he ends up at one of those schools.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        http://thegazette.com/2011/04/05/mul...medium=twitter

here is an update on Washpun, does not currently mention us. Goes along with what I've heard, he visited NDSU, liked it but with Cully Payne transferring at Iowa and with Tennessee and Missouri State on him my guess is he ends up at one of those schools.

According to this he's been offerred by Iowa and Tennessee. Good bye Wes! http://twitter.com/#!/HawkeyeInsider
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          According to this he's been offerred by Iowa and Tennessee. Good bye Wes! http://twitter.com/#!/HawkeyeInsider
          yeah, its probably worse news for NDSU then us, seemed they were his top choice if UT and Iowa didn't offer

Comment

Rob Howe has since backed off that statement. He doesn't have an offer from either school. He's supposed to meet with the Iowa coach thursday. I believe the open period starts at noon on thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              Rob Howe has since backed off that statement. He doesn't have an offer from either school. He's supposed to meet with the Iowa coach thursday. I believe the open period starts at noon on thursday.
              yeah I believe there is currently a dead period. Signing day starts next Wednesday (13th) and last until May 18th. recruits can still be recruited after that day but no LOI is signed.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                Good because I can't see this kid going big time to Tennessee at all, even if the Missouri State coach offered and is now at the school.

From the article about him, it seemed like he was going to wait until signing day to make his decision. My assumption is that if Tennessee or Iowa do not get their guys, they may offer Wes to fill a spot. I still assume he'll go to Missouri State if neither offers. I would be very surprised to see him go to NDSU, but he could if he somehow falls to them.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Washpun was barely on the radar last year but really impressed his senior season. I'd be surprised if he doesn't pick up more offers and end up going to a Valley school or possibly to a power conference. Still a lot of dominos to fall out there but once they do, we'll start to see fringe players start picking up more offers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Crayton & Cougill pick up some more offers too once players start deciding on where they are going. I hope the coaches have their plan b,c,d, & e ready.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                    Washpun was barely on the radar last year but really impressed his senior season. I'd be surprised if he doesn't pick up more offers and end up going to a Valley school or possibly to a power conference. Still a lot of dominos to fall out there but once they do, we'll start to see fringe players start picking up more offers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Crayton & Cougill pick up some more offers too once players start deciding on where they are going. I hope the coaches have their plan b,c,d, & e ready.

I have been thinking the same thing.

Comment

Reports are that Washpun committed to Iowa today. Some people in Fargo aren't too happy about this, rumors on message boards and twitter were he was close to verballing to NDSU until Iowa came in. He is a classmate of another Iowa recruit Josh Ogelsby

Jeff Kolpeck the beat writer in Fargo is the one reporting this on his twitter page.
                      Last edited by joeboo22; 04-06-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

According to Rob Howe of Hawksinsider's twitter page, Brennan Cougill is visiting UW-GB today. I believe the goal for SDSU is to have him on campus this weekend.

Comment

According to Rob Howe of Hawksinsider's twitter page, Brennan Cougill is visiting UW-GB today. I believe the goal for SDSU is to have him on campus this weekend.
                          That's correct. I was a little worried about UW-GB....until I saw this: http://www.greenbayphoenix.com/ViewA...CLID=204968700

Awkward....I hope he's seen this. However, the coaches do have some decent credentials.

Also is interesting that Foster, one of their assistants, played at USD.
                          Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 04-09-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                            That's correct. I was a little worried about UW-GB....until I saw this: http://www.greenbayphoenix.com/ViewA...CLID=204968700

Awkward....I hope he's seen this. However, the coaches do have some decent credentials.

Also is interesting that Foster, one of their assistants, played at USD.

Foster was also an Asst. Coach at Kirkwood C.C.. They also have a player on their roster from Kirkwood. So they may have a leg up. Go Jacks!
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

does anybody know if Cougill or any other recruit was on campus for a visit this weekend? (I know Baker wasn't and I'm pretty sure Crayton wasn't.)

I remember reading an article saying that the coaches wanted to get some recruits on campus this weekend

Comment

does anybody know if Cougill or any other recruit was on campus for a visit this weekend? (I know Baker wasn't and I'm pretty sure Crayton wasn't.)

I remember reading an article saying that the coaches wanted to get some recruits on campus this weekend

Cougill and Baker are coming in for a visit this next weekend.

Still trying to get Crayton in for a visit.

Comment

Working...
                                X