Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 recruits

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    If this team can somehow add both Cougill and Crayton we will certainly be in the hunt for the league title the next couple years.

PG - JR Wolters / SR Stephenson or FR Monaghan
    SG - SO White / SO Carlson
    SF - JR Crayton / SR Callahan
    PF - SO Dykstra / JR Fiegen
    C - JR Cougill / SO Heemstra

This would be a very good mid-major team.
    What is truly scary-good about this lineup is that it would be together for 2 full years. Callahan and Stephenson would be the only graduates for next year. In the big dance, Cinderella is often wearing a slipper made of seasoned players who have played together for multiple years. That is what made NDSU so good a couple of years ago.

Comment

That would be an awesome lineup

Comment

Thought I'd update everyone on who we have offers out on and who else is offering them and if there is any rumors.

High Schoolers

Wesley Washpun- 6'1" PG- Ceder Rapids, Iowa - Teammate of Iowa recruit Ogelsby. He is somewhat of an undersized guard, can shoot but is a PG.
        Currently has offers from SDSU, NDSU, USD, UND, and MO-State. Reports I've heard is he wants to go to Iowa, but they haven't offered. I've Heard NDSU is a leader but its anybodies guess.

Ron Baker 6'4" SG- Scott City, Kansas- all around athlete (football, basketball, baseball). has some hops, didn't play on a full time AAU team, which has supposedly hurt him recruiting.
        Currently has offers from SDSU, Eastern Illinois and U of Arkansas-Little Rock. He wants to play for Kansas State, but they haven't offered, Iowa State would be in mix if they had a scholarship.

JuCo's

Jarrell Crayton- 6'7" SF/PF- Sheridan College WY/Omaha NE- explosive guy, has some offense ability, get to the basket. Struggles with his outside shot somewhat. Watched him play, was by far the best player that BHSU played last year, (even if it was only a scrimmage) and they played Northern-Colorado.
        Currently has offers from SDSU, Oral-Roberts, Portland and Fresno State. Reports are he could get a lot more offers late as rosters are getting finalized for next year. Did go to camps at both SDSU and USD during hs for what its worth.

Brennan Cougill- 6'9" PF/C- Sioux City IA/Iowa/Kirkwood CC- big guy, has worked on post moves. Struggled at times with being in shape but supposedly has lost some weight.
        Currently has offers from-SDSU. Also list Texas, California, Siena, Florida Gulf Coach and others that have been in contact. UNI and Iowa State have both been watching but neither have a scholarship available and is probably not a top priority if one was to open up.

We have 3 scholarships to give out this year.
        Last edited by joeboo22; 03-29-2011, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Viborg-Hurley PG Cory Jacobsen has stated that he will play ball at SDSU.
          Let's Go Rabbits!!

Comment

Originally posted by petersenkyle View Post
            Viborg-Hurley PG Cory Jacobsen has stated that he will play ball at SDSU.
            walk-on? and link?

Comment

http://twitter.com/#!/jhoeck
              Let's Go Rabbits!!

Comment

It's being reported via twitter from Jeremy Hoeck from the Yankton Press & Dakotan.

twitter.com/jhoeck

Comment

yeah I just saw that. I've watched him play, seemed to somewhat struggle this past year but is still a good player.

He reminds me a lot of Garrett Callahan, can run the point, can shoot, somewhat undersized, but is still a good player.

I'm going to guess he is either a walk-on or a Carlson situation where he walks on and redshirts and then earns a scholarship but thats just speculation.

Comment

I'm assuming he is a walk-on. Jeremy Hoeck said it wasn't know yet, but he too suspects that he is walking-on.

If so, I think this is a very good thing for SDSU. Corey is a good high school player and to have South Dakota kids want to be a part of SDSU and are willing to forfeit scholarship opportunities to do so, that is a big plus. I'm sure Corey will come in hungry and ready to compete to earn a scholarship which will only make the program better. I've only seen him play a little bit but he reminds me of former SDSU PG Eric Heien in that he can stroke the 3.

Video from KDLT from last year
                    http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...temid=60#video

Article from the Yankton Press
                    http://www.yankton.net/articles/2010...2791162429.txt

Comment

He is undersized but a very very smart player and an excellent shooter. Give him a redshirt year and being such a deadly shooter, may get a few minutes a game the next yr.

Comment

Stu Whitney confirms that Jacobsen will walk-on at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                          Stu Whitney confirms that Jacobsen will walk-on at SDSU.
                          That is a really good get as a walk-on. Give him a redshirt and he could really help the team in a year or 2.

Comment

KELO-Land TV ran the story this evening: Jacobson will walk on.

Good get. I thought he looked good in the state tourney and as Mitchell said: good to see a SD kid want to play for the Jackrabbits and be willing to forego scholarship opportunities elsewhere.

Congrats to Jacobson and his future teammates!

Comment

As posted about 27 pages ago, son of former Jack Dean Jacobsen.

Comment

I had him ranked between 3-5 as seniors in the state of South Dakota.
                                1. Zach Horstman (SDSU)
                                2. Cedric Lang (UTEP)
                                and Jacobsen, Mitch White (Chad's brother) & Seth Bachand (Sturgis) as 3-5

White & Bachand are going to go to Northern.

Comment

Working...
                                X